|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
2. What comprises John Paul Ziller's normal attire?
3. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
4. What is revealed about John Paul's relationship status?
5. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
2. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
3. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
8. Who is Amanda?
9. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
10. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the clashes between the government and "normal" society with people such as the Zillers, the circus people, and Plucky Purcell. Detail the history behind the prejudices each group may hold about the other and how their interactions are based out of these ingrained biases. Also discuss how the discussions about the Corpse are reflective of the way these people have been treated by the government and mainstream society in the past. Be sure to develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What purpose does the cowboy play in "Another Roadside Attraction"? How are his interactions with Amanda related to Marx Marvelous's theories about Amanda's brand of mysticism being the religion of the future? What does this suggest about the cowboy himself? Discuss the answers to these questions in an essay about the cowboy. Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to help support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What are the possibilities that Marx, Plucky, and Ziller consider for the Corpse and why? What are the pros and cons to every idea? How do their personal viewpoints affect their opinions on the Corpse's fate? What are some of the morally gray areas about which the four of them are forced to debate in this regard? Discuss the answers to these questions in an essay. Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 2,490 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)