Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
2. What comprises John Paul Ziller's normal attire?
3. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
4. What is revealed about John Paul's relationship status?
5. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
2. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
3. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
8. Who is Amanda?
9. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
10. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
What are the possibilities that Marx, Plucky, and Ziller consider for the Corpse and why? What are the pros and cons to every idea? How do their personal viewpoints affect their opinions on the Corpse's fate? What are some of the morally gray areas about which the four of them are forced to debate in this regard? Discuss the answers to these questions in an essay. Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Write an essay that presents the character of Mon Cul as the link between science and faith (Marx Marvelous's motivation through the novel). Discuss his layered role as a companion to John Paul (as well as the man's motivation for acquiring the baboon) and the significance behind the experimental balloon's need for baboons (particularly in regards to Mon Cul steering the balloon with himself, John Paul, and the Corpse as passengers). Develop a clear thesis statement on this topic and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Write an essay focusing on the characterization of Plucky Purcell. Detail how his family life, collegiate exploits, and various careers in life showcase a conflicted, possibly hypocritical character whose anarchist tendencies led him to making a discovery about the Catholic Church that could topple over the world. Make sure to also analyze the note found on his body after helping to launch the experimental balloon. Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)