|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what sort of friends and clients does Plucky prefer to associate?
2. For what baked good does Amanda become famous?
3. What is Nearly Normal Jimmy's explanation for why thunderstorms can affect human beings so strongly?
4. At the end of this section, what new development is revealed when discussing the future fate of John Paul?
5. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
2. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
3. How does Plucky infiltrate the Society of the Felicitator?
4. Describe Plucky's college football career.
5. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
6. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
7. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
8. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
9. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
10. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the role natural elements from the earth play in "Another Roadside Attraction" in the following format:
Part 1) Thunderstorms.
Part 2) Mushrooms.
Part 3) Earthquakes.
Part 4) Sun and solar radiation.
Part 5) The food and beverage offered at the roadside zoo.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay about the significance of animals in "Another Roadside Attraction" in the following format:
Part 1) Butterflies.
Part 2) Amanda and John Paul's devotion to the garter snake.
Part 3) The zoo without animals.
Part 4) Tarzan's analysis of the god Pan.
Part 5) Mon Cul.
Cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that analyzes Marx's vision of Jesus Christ and Pan and how this vision is essentially the apex of Marx's journey to discover a new brand of spirituality. Be sure to discuss, as well, the role Tarzan is apparently playing in the spiritual healing of Tibet (per Nearly Normal Jimmy). Develop a clear thesis statement and outline for this essay and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)