|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
2. What comprises John Paul Ziller's normal attire?
3. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
4. What is revealed about John Paul's relationship status?
5. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
2. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
3. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
8. Who is Amanda?
9. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
10. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
Essay Topic 1
What purpose does the cowboy play in "Another Roadside Attraction"? How are his interactions with Amanda related to Marx Marvelous's theories about Amanda's brand of mysticism being the religion of the future? What does this suggest about the cowboy himself? Discuss the answers to these questions in an essay about the cowboy. Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to help support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that analyzes Marx's vision of Jesus Christ and Pan and how this vision is essentially the apex of Marx's journey to discover a new brand of spirituality. Be sure to discuss, as well, the role Tarzan is apparently playing in the spiritual healing of Tibet (per Nearly Normal Jimmy). Develop a clear thesis statement and outline for this essay and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
How does John Paul and Amanda's love for one another reflect upon their individual spiritual beliefs? Compose an essay that analyzes the spiritual aspects of their relationship, including his acceptance of her children, their open sexual nature, and John Paul's decision to commandeer the experimental balloon. Be sure to also discuss how their personal motivations in life affect their ability to live with and without each other. Cite specific examples from the text so support your answers.
This section contains 2,490 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)