Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
2. What comprises John Paul Ziller's normal attire?
3. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
4. What is revealed about John Paul's relationship status?
5. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
2. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
3. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
8. Who is Amanda?
9. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
10. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
Compose an essay about the complexities of Marx and Amanda's relationship. Discuss his visceral attraction to her and his need for a motherly and spiritual figure in life, as well as his suicide attempt after her rejection. From Amanda's perspective, discuss her reasons for sleeping with other men and her rejection of Marx Marvelous. Do not forget to discuss their sexual encounter at the end of the book and their motivations for doing so. Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
Discuss the character of Amanda as a possible replacement for Jesus Christ. Compare and contrast the two characters, particularly in regards to their religion and analyze the reasons who Marx believes that Amanda's brand of spirituality is more in tune with the needs of the modern world. Compose a thesis statement and cites specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Discuss Plucky Purcell's experiences with the Society of the Felicitator and how the inner workings of the Catholic Church sharply contrast with the persistent image presented to the public. How do his experiences help to shape his worldview, particularly after meeting Sister Hillary? In what ways does this help prepare Plucky for his final contributions to the world, as well as his death? Develop a clear thesis statement and cite specific examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)