|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does John Paul and Mon Cul have before the effects of the solar radiation kills them after the launch of the balloon?
(a) One hour.
(b) One week.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) Three days.
2. What story does John Paul tell while the group considers their options about the Corpse?
(a) His belief in innate goodness of men as evidenced by his travels in Africa.
(b) African natives and the mysterious radio transmissions which continue to mystify them.
(c) The conquest of Africa by Christianity and science.
(d) His first sight of Amanda.
3. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(b) The Cowboy.
(c) John Paul.
4. Who restores Plucky's faith in Catholicism?
(a) Sister Domino.
(b) Sister Hillary.
(d) Bonanza Jellybean.
5. According to the Peace Corp officer's letter, where is Nearly Normal Jimmy going?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Plucky's artist friend from Italy?
2. After the launch of the solar balloon, whose dead body was found?
3. What natural disaster occurs in Vatican City, causing Plucky to go explore the vaults?
4. What devices are used to motivate the nuns and priests to continue working diligently at the Vatican?
5. What does Amanda attempt to teach Marx in his first days with their zoos?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
2. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
3. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
4. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
5. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
6. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
7. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
8. What purpose does the delivery man serve in interrupting the group's celebration?
9. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
10. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)