|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what infirmity do the caretaker nuns in the Vatican suffer?
(c) They lack feeling in their hands.
2. How did the narrator and Amanda liberate the fleas?
(a) The fleas were released from the window.
(b) The fleas were mailed.
(c) The fleas were placed on the invisible dog.
(d) The fleas crept out onto a tree branch.
3. According to Marx's estimations, to where must John Paul return if he is to find true spiritual enlightenment?
(a) The sun.
(c) The moon.
4. What drew Marx away from following his mother's religion?
(a) His rebelliousness against conformity.
(b) His father.
(c) His annoyance at sitting through church services.
(d) His intelligence.
5. What is Amanda's speech impediment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
2. What keeps Marx from becoming too jealous over Plucky's sexual encounter with Amanda?
3. What story does Amanda tell everyone while they cool off from considering their problem with the Corpse?
4. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
5. Which of the four adults residing in the Ziller household during the episode with the Corpse points out that, no matter what they decide to do with Him, people will believe what they want and could destroy anything that tells them otherwise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
2. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
3. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
4. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
5. What purpose does the delivery man serve in interrupting the group's celebration?
6. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
7. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
8. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
9. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
10. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)