|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After re-opening the zoo for the first time after Plucky's arrival with the Corpse, what do the Zillers insist everyone does for one evening?
(a) A night of dance and music.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Participate in a drum circle while fasting.
(d) Watch a movie at the drive-in.
2. For what reasons does Marx persuade Plucky that revealing the Corpse to the world would be a bad idea?
(a) They would be murdered before they could reveal the Corpse.
(b) No one would believe them.
(c) Jesus would not have wanted to be used in this manner.
(d) The revelation could destroy people's lives.
3. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
(a) No one wants to tangle with a man from the Society of the Felicitator.
(b) He knocks anyone who opposes his exit unconscious.
(c) He bribes everyone he finds.
(d) He uses a hidden passageway from the catacombs.
4. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
5. What is significant about the presence of the federal agents at the zoo at the end of the book?
(a) They believe they are investigating a drug ring.
(b) They are employed by the Vatican.
(c) They have arrested Father Gustadt.
(d) They know nothing of the Corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plucky Purcell find in the catacombs of the Vatican?
2. While Amanda ultimately decides there is nothing morally wrong with eating meat, with what practice does she take umbrage?
3. In order to smuggle the Corpse out of the country, within what does Plucky convince his artist friend to encase the body?
4. What awakens the group the first morning they have assembled together to discuss the Second Coming?
5. How does Marx scientifically date the Corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
2. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
3. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
4. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
5. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
6. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
7. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
8. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
9. Why do the Zillers tend to avoid alcohol?
10. What purpose does the delivery man serve in interrupting the group's celebration?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)