|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
(a) Their neighbor tells them a priest was asking for John Paul.
(b) John Paul's letters to Plucky at the monastery turn up on their front stoop.
(c) They hear his voice.
(d) His bootprint was found by the front door.
2. What is Plucky's assignment in Vatican City?
(a) He is to teach the Swiss Guard martial arts.
(b) He is to research the beginnings of the Bible.
(c) He is to become a bodyguard to the Pope.
(d) He is to convert a few key archbishops to the Society of the Felicitator.
3. What method does Marx propose in regards to the Corpse?
(a) Disposing of Him.
(b) Giving Him back to the Vatican.
(c) Hiding Him in the basement of the zoo forever.
(d) Taking Him to the public.
4. To where is Plucky Purcell transferred, per his letter that is revealed to Marx Marvelous?
(a) Vatican City.
5. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(b) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
(c) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(d) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After and despite her declaration that she cannot sleep with Marx, what transpires between Marx and Amanda?
2. Why was Pan highly sexual, according to Tarzan?
3. Upon what subject does Marx regularly lectures guests at the zoo?
4. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
5. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
2. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
3. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
6. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
7. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
8. How does Plucky escape from the Vatican with the Corpse?
9. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
10. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
This section contains 1,393 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)