|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
(a) The ancient artifacts.
(b) The splendor.
(c) The severity of it all.
(d) Its vastness.
2. What is Plucky's assignment in Vatican City?
(a) He is to research the beginnings of the Bible.
(b) He is to become a bodyguard to the Pope.
(c) He is to teach the Swiss Guard martial arts.
(d) He is to convert a few key archbishops to the Society of the Felicitator.
3. How does Marx scientifically date the Corpse?
(a) Carbon dating.
(b) The acidity of the cloths wrapping the Corpse.
(c) Fingerprint analysis.
(d) Rate of deterioration.
4. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(a) The Cowboy.
(b) John Paul.
(c) Plucky Purcell.
5. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
(a) The will of God.
(b) The fate of Christianity if Jesus had not risen from the dead.
(c) Jesus's wishes at His death for the disposal of His body.
(d) The Vatican's retaliation about losing the Corpse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
2. How old is Plucky's secret lover when he is at the monastery?
3. Who is in bed with Amanda when Marx returns home?
4. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
5. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
2. What purpose does the delivery man serve in interrupting the group's celebration?
3. How does Plucky escape from the Vatican with the Corpse?
4. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
5. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
6. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
7. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
8. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
9. What duties does Marx perform at the zoo?
10. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
This section contains 1,445 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)