|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what infirmity do the caretaker nuns in the Vatican suffer?
(a) They lack feeling in their hands.
2. Around summertime of Marx's employment, what subject does he frequently discuss with John Paul?
3. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
(a) He knows Amanda is right.
(b) He thinks Amanda is spoiled and entitled.
(c) He is a symbol junkie.
(d) He is too afraid to question the allegiances in his life.
4. In what does Plucky disguise the Corpse as he escapes from the Vatican?
(a) Priest's array.
(b) Choirboy robes.
(c) Nun's habit.
(d) Felicitate robes.
5. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
(a) He knocks anyone who opposes his exit unconscious.
(b) He bribes everyone he finds.
(c) No one wants to tangle with a man from the Society of the Felicitator.
(d) He uses a hidden passageway from the catacombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his letter, why does Plucky entertain notions of burning down the monastery?
2. While Amanda ultimately decides there is nothing morally wrong with eating meat, with what practice does she take umbrage?
3. Who does Marx suggest to the reader that should be a replacement for Jesus Christ?
4. What is significant about the Pope in power at the Vatican?
5. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
2. Why and how does Marx address Baby Thor?
3. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
4. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
5. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
6. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
7. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
8. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
9. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
10. Why do the Zillers tend to avoid alcohol?
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)