|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Amanda tell everyone while they cool off from considering their problem with the Corpse?
(a) The trance which left the symbol upon her hand.
(b) The relationship between butterflies and Eden.
(c) The mountain hermit's sense of the divine.
(d) Her first lover.
2. How many days do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky give themselves to decide what to do about the Corpse?
(a) Two days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
3. How old is Plucky's secret lover when he is at the monastery?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Forty years old.
4. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
(a) No one wants to tangle with a man from the Society of the Felicitator.
(b) He bribes everyone he finds.
(c) He uses a hidden passageway from the catacombs.
(d) He knocks anyone who opposes his exit unconscious.
5. From what infirmity do the caretaker nuns in the Vatican suffer?
(b) They lack feeling in their hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
2. Who does Marx suggest to the reader that should be a replacement for Jesus Christ?
3. What story does John Paul tell while the group considers their options about the Corpse?
4. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
5. After and despite her declaration that she cannot sleep with Marx, what transpires between Marx and Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
2. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
3. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
4. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
5. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
6. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
7. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
8. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
9. Why and how does Marx address Baby Thor?
10. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
This section contains 1,331 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)