|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Plucky's secret lover when he is at the monastery?
(a) Twenty-five years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Forty years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
2. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(c) John Paul.
(d) The Cowboy.
3. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(b) Father Gustadt.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Pope.
4. According to the Peace Corp officer's letter, where is Nearly Normal Jimmy going?
5. What does Plucky note about the vaults under the Vatican?
(a) They are full of stolen treasures.
(b) They are guarded around the clock.
(c) They are worth enough to end world hunger.
(d) Several remain sealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his letter, why does Plucky entertain notions of burning down the monastery?
2. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
3. How many days do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky give themselves to decide what to do about the Corpse?
4. Why do the Zillers rarely drink alcohol?
5. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
2. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
3. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
4. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
5. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
6. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
7. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
8. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
9. How does Plucky stumble over the Corpse?
10. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)