|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false alarm frightens the group from their story-telling session when trying to decide what to do with the Corpse?
(a) Mon Cul wakes up from a nightmare.
(b) A knock on the door.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A shelving unit breaking loose.
2. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(b) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
(c) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(d) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
3. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
(a) He bribes everyone he finds.
(b) He uses a hidden passageway from the catacombs.
(c) He knocks anyone who opposes his exit unconscious.
(d) No one wants to tangle with a man from the Society of the Felicitator.
4. To where is Plucky Purcell transferred, per his letter that is revealed to Marx Marvelous?
(c) Vatican City.
5. What drew Marx away from following his mother's religion?
(a) His father.
(b) His annoyance at sitting through church services.
(c) His rebelliousness against conformity.
(d) His intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie does Nearly Normal Jimmy carry with him on his journey to his next destination from the Peace Corp?
2. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
3. In what does Plucky disguise the Corpse as he escapes from the Vatican?
4. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
5. How does Marx argue against vegetarianism with Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
2. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
3. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
4. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
5. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
6. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
7. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
8. How does Plucky escape from the Vatican with the Corpse?
9. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
10. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
This section contains 1,363 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)