|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After re-opening the zoo for the first time after Plucky's arrival with the Corpse, what do the Zillers insist everyone does for one evening?
(a) Go to a concert.
(b) Watch a movie at the drive-in.
(c) Participate in a drum circle while fasting.
(d) A night of dance and music.
2. Who is in bed with Amanda when Marx returns home?
(a) Father Gustadt.
(c) John Paul.
(d) The Cowboy.
3. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
(b) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(c) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(d) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
4. How long does John Paul and Mon Cul have before the effects of the solar radiation kills them after the launch of the balloon?
(a) One hour.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
5. In Marx's vision, upon what animal does Tarzan ride?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Plucky disguise the Corpse as he escapes from the Vatican?
2. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
3. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
4. Given the existence of the Society of the Felicitate, what does Plucky point out as being a probable solution from the Vatican?
5. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
2. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
3. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
4. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
5. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
6. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
7. How does Plucky stumble over the Corpse?
8. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
9. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
10. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
This section contains 1,447 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)