|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marx suggest as being the beginning stages of John Paul and Amanda's spiritualism?
(a) Dissatisfaction with the world.
(b) Freedom from conventions.
(d) The need to create a better world for their children.
2. According to the Peace Corp officer's letter, where is Nearly Normal Jimmy going?
3. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
(a) The passengers must have felt extraordinarily peaceful.
(b) Plucky must have eaten all of Amanda's marijuana cookies in order to relax on the plane.
(c) It is the Messiah's first trip of this nature.
(d) The airplane must be blessed against all occurances.
4. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
(a) LSD-laced candy.
(b) Marijuana cookies.
(c) Mushroom tea.
(d) Beer bread.
5. For what piece of vegetation does Marx help the Zillers hunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Plucky Purcell transferred, per his letter that is revealed to Marx Marvelous?
2. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
3. According to Amanda, what imbalance in Christianity has caused years of needless violence and bloodshed?
4. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
5. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
2. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
3. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
4. What duties does Marx perform at the zoo?
5. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
6. Why and how does Marx address Baby Thor?
7. Describe Amanda's suggestion that the federal agent is a symbol junkie.
8. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
9. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
10. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)