|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marx's estimations, to where must John Paul return if he is to find true spiritual enlightenment?
(c) The moon.
(d) The sun.
2. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
(a) The passengers must have felt extraordinarily peaceful.
(b) The airplane must be blessed against all occurances.
(c) Plucky must have eaten all of Amanda's marijuana cookies in order to relax on the plane.
(d) It is the Messiah's first trip of this nature.
3. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
(a) Mushroom tea.
(b) LSD-laced candy.
(c) Beer bread.
(d) Marijuana cookies.
4. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
(a) He uses a hidden passageway from the catacombs.
(b) He knocks anyone who opposes his exit unconscious.
(c) No one wants to tangle with a man from the Society of the Felicitator.
(d) He bribes everyone he finds.
5. Why is Amanda initially impressed with Marx's theory of her spiritual state?
(a) He reminds her of the mountain hermit who mentored her.
(b) She enjoys the passion in his words.
(c) She likes the musical candences in his voice.
(d) She respects his large vocabulary.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
2. After and despite her declaration that she cannot sleep with Marx, what transpires between Marx and Amanda?
3. What false alarm frightens the group from their story-telling session when trying to decide what to do with the Corpse?
4. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
5. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
2. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
3. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
4. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
5. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
6. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
7. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
8. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
9. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
10. Describe Amanda's suggestion that the federal agent is a symbol junkie.
This section contains 1,472 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)