|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Marx's vision, upon what animal does Tarzan ride?
(a) A zebra.
(b) A goat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
2. Where are the lumberjacks spotted by Marx and the Zillers?
(b) Movie theater.
(c) Hardware store.
3. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(b) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
(c) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(d) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
4. Who does Marx suggest to the reader that should be a replacement for Jesus Christ?
(b) John Paul.
(c) Their own self-worth and beliefs.
(d) Plucky Purcell.
5. Why do the Zillers rarely drink alcohol?
(a) They find it to be an imperfect drug.
(b) Amanda gets sick from it.
(c) They dislike the taste of it.
(d) John Paul believes it is sent from Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what piece of vegetation does Marx help the Zillers hunt?
2. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
3. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
4. What is significant about the Pope in power at the Vatican?
5. When Tarzan describes the cycle of life, what part of the human existence does he claim helped the crops grow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
2. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
3. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
4. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
5. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
8. Describe Amanda's suggestion that the federal agent is a symbol junkie.
9. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
10. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)