|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Plucky Purcell transferred, per his letter that is revealed to Marx Marvelous?
(b) Vatican City.
2. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(b) Father Gustadt.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Pope.
3. After his suicide attempt, what changes begin to occur in Marx?
(a) He begins to explore the idea of going to Tibet.
(b) He begins to pursue other women.
(c) He begins to relax about the notions of religion and spirituality.
(d) He begins to question his scientific notions.
4. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
5. What natural disaster occurs in Vatican City, causing Plucky to go explore the vaults?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Plucky Purcell find in the catacombs of the Vatican?
2. Upon what subject does Marx regularly lectures guests at the zoo?
3. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
4. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
5. What does Marx suggest as being the beginning stages of John Paul and Amanda's spiritualism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sister Hillary and why is she important?
2. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
3. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
4. What purpose does the delivery man serve in interrupting the group's celebration?
5. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
6. What duties does Marx perform at the zoo?
7. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
8. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
9. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
10. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
This section contains 1,259 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)