|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
(a) The severity of it all.
(b) The ancient artifacts.
(c) Its vastness.
(d) The splendor.
2. What drew Marx away from following his mother's religion?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His father.
(c) His annoyance at sitting through church services.
(d) His rebelliousness against conformity.
3. Fill in the blank: Amanda pays for her purchase from the Cowboy (acquired after the employment of Marx Marvelous) with four wishes and ___ _____.
(a) One belief.
(b) Two songs.
(c) Five kisses.
(d) Three dreams.
4. After detailing Plucky's escape from the Vatican, whom does Marx address for posterity?
(a) The Cowboy.
(c) John Paul.
(d) Baby Thor.
5. After and despite her declaration that she cannot sleep with Marx, what transpires between Marx and Amanda?
(a) Amanda and Marx nearly have sex.
(b) Marx massages her back and she relents.
(c) Marx kisses Amanda.
(d) Marx performs oral sex on Amanda.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tarzan compares Jesus to Pan, what does he claim the two divine beings had in common?
2. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
3. According to Amanda, what imbalance in Christianity has caused years of needless violence and bloodshed?
4. After his suicide attempt, what changes begin to occur in Marx?
5. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Plucky stumble over the Corpse?
2. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
3. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
4. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
5. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
6. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
7. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
8. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
9. How does Plucky escape from the Vatican with the Corpse?
10. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)