|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
(b) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(c) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(d) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
2. In order to smuggle the Corpse out of the country, within what does Plucky convince his artist friend to encase the body?
(d) A wooden sarcophagus.
3. Around summertime of Marx's employment, what subject does he frequently discuss with John Paul?
4. While Amanda ultimately decides there is nothing morally wrong with eating meat, with what practice does she take umbrage?
(a) Forced mating.
(b) Animals raised for fast food purposes.
(c) Hunting animals for fun instead of food.
(d) Animals in stockyards.
5. What keeps Marx from becoming too jealous over Plucky's sexual encounter with Amanda?
(a) The Corpse.
(b) The fear of death.
(c) Mon Cul's illness.
(d) John Paul's assertation that Plucky needed to be with Amanda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
2. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
3. For what reasons does Marx persuade Plucky that revealing the Corpse to the world would be a bad idea?
4. Why does Amanda believe that Marx joined their zoo?
5. Given the existence of the Society of the Felicitate, what does Plucky point out as being a probable solution from the Vatican?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
2. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
3. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
4. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
5. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
6. Why and how does Marx address Baby Thor?
7. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
8. What is Amanda's theory about Marx's presence at their zoo?
9. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
10. Compare and contrast Pan and Jesus.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)