|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(a) The Cowboy.
(c) John Paul.
(d) Plucky Purcell.
2. What story does John Paul tell while the group considers their options about the Corpse?
(a) The conquest of Africa by Christianity and science.
(b) African natives and the mysterious radio transmissions which continue to mystify them.
(c) His belief in innate goodness of men as evidenced by his travels in Africa.
(d) His first sight of Amanda.
3. In order to smuggle the Corpse out of the country, within what does Plucky convince his artist friend to encase the body?
(d) A wooden sarcophagus.
4. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
(b) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(c) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(d) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
5. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
2. What false alarm frightens the group from their story-telling session when trying to decide what to do with the Corpse?
3. For what reasons does Marx persuade Plucky that revealing the Corpse to the world would be a bad idea?
4. What devices are used to motivate the nuns and priests to continue working diligently at the Vatican?
5. After re-opening the zoo for the first time after Plucky's arrival with the Corpse, what do the Zillers insist everyone does for one evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
2. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
3. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
4. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
5. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
6. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
7. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
8. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
9. What duties does Marx perform at the zoo?
10. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)