|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Amanda appear to flummox the FBI agents in the future?
(a) She is able to smuggle her animals out of the house without their notice.
(b) She feeds them her marijuana cookies.
(c) She nearly forces him to question his reliance on symbols.
(d) She points out that they have done nothing wrong.
2. How does Marx argue against vegetarianism with Amanda?
(a) He points out that Hindus worship the cow because of the meat it provides.
(b) The American Indians ate buffalo.
(c) The African witchdoctors hail hunting an animal as the highest form of respect for the animal's capabilities and life.
(d) South American witches ate fish.
3. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
(a) The ancient artifacts.
(b) The splendor.
(c) Its vastness.
(d) The severity of it all.
4. Fill in the blank: Amanda pays for her purchase from the Cowboy (acquired after the employment of Marx Marvelous) with four wishes and ___ _____.
(a) Three dreams.
(b) One belief.
(c) Two songs.
(d) Five kisses.
5. What does Plucky note about the vaults under the Vatican?
(a) They are guarded around the clock.
(b) They are worth enough to end world hunger.
(c) They are full of stolen treasures.
(d) Several remain sealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amanda's speech impediment?
2. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
3. What is singularly remarkable about people's recognition of the Corpse?
4. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
5. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
2. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
3. Why does Amanda refuse to sleep with Marx and what occurs after her announcement?
4. What is Plucky Purcell's fate and final message?
5. What is Plucky's theory on the presence of the Corpse in regards to the Church?
6. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
7. Why does Marx attempt suicide and what change overcome him as a result?
8. Why does Amanda decide she no longer wishes to be a part of the Corpse's future?
9. Describe Amanda's suggestion that the federal agent is a symbol junkie.
10. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
This section contains 1,389 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)