|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens the group the first morning they have assembled together to discuss the Second Coming?
(a) A deliveryman.
(b) Gunshots for hunting season.
(c) The arrival of Father Gustadt.
(d) A thunderstorm.
2. According to Nearly Normal Jimmy's trance message to Amanda at the end of the book, what movie will set Tibet on the correct spiritual path again?
(a) Yellow Submarine.
(c) Billy Jack.
3. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
(a) He is a symbol junkie.
(b) He knows Amanda is right.
(c) He is too afraid to question the allegiances in his life.
(d) He thinks Amanda is spoiled and entitled.
4. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
(a) Father Gustadt.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Plucky Purcell.
(d) Jesus Christ.
5. In this flash-forward into the future, of what does Marx feel he and Amanda are running out?
(a) Excuses for John Paul's absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator and Amanda liberate the fleas?
2. What movie does Nearly Normal Jimmy carry with him on his journey to his next destination from the Peace Corp?
3. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
4. What story does Amanda tell everyone while they cool off from considering their problem with the Corpse?
5. What is significant about the Pope in power at the Vatican?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Plucky been handling his situation with the Society, per Marx's initiation into the secret infiltration?
2. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
3. How does Plucky stumble over the Corpse?
4. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
5. What duties does Marx perform at the zoo?
6. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
7. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
8. According to Tarzan, why did men start fearing death?
9. What is Marx's suggestion about Plucky's plan for the Corpse and why?
10. Why and how does Marx address Baby Thor?
This section contains 1,319 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)