|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
(a) He does not agree with her lifestyle, but likes her as a person.
(b) He knows that she will be John Paul's downfall.
(c) He is instantly attracted to her.
(d) He feels that she is wrong for John Paul.
2. What is the name of John Paul's former band?
(a) Southern Upstarts.
(b) Long-Haired Freaky People.
(c) Hoodoo Meat Bucket.
(d) Congolese Congo Kings.
3. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
(a) Interrogation within a secret society.
(c) Protective custody.
4. Why is Plucky able to pose as Brother Dallas?
(a) He is able to speak German.
(b) He is carrying Brother Dallas's journal.
(c) His martial arts skills.
(d) He looks identical to him.
5. How does Marx feel about Amanda?
(a) He thinks she is shallow.
(b) He does not like her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is afraid of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of food was served at the now-abandoned restaurant the Zillers decide to buy?
2. What dead animal do the Zillers have on display at their zoo?
3. What did Marx previously conclude about Christianity, prior to his employment by the Zillers?
4. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
5. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
2. Why did Amanda's lover's band get arrested?
3. Describe John Paul Ziller's childhood.
4. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
5. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
6. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
7. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
8. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
9. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
10. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)