|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which college did Plucky play football?
(a) California Tech.
(b) Texas Tech.
(c) Duke University.
(d) Harvard University.
2. Why did Plucky have to transport Mon Cul for John Paul?
(a) Mon Cul was refused entry onto the train.
(b) Mon Cul dislikes motorcycles.
(c) Mon Cul refuses to wear a helmet on the motorcycle.
(d) Mon Cul was ill and forced to stay behind with Plucky to recuperate.
3. What is celebrated at the banquet on Ziller's first night with the circus?
(a) Amanda's pregnancy.
(b) Mon Cul.
(c) His celebrated drumming techniques.
(d) His new love with Amanda.
4. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
(c) Domestic cats.
5. What drug was once found on Plucky that helped lead to his dishonorable discharge from the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer from Nearly Normal Jimmy did John Paul decline after the disbanding of the circus?
2. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
3. In the different time frame, how does Amanda spend a great deal of her time, according to the narrator?
4. For what baked good does Amanda become famous?
5. Even though Marx finds it hard to take John Paul seriously, what does the scientist admit about the magician?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
2. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
3. Describe John Paul Ziller's childhood.
4. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
5. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
6. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
7. Describe Plucky's college football career.
8. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
9. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
10. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
This section contains 1,330 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)