|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marx previously conclude about Christianity, prior to his employment by the Zillers?
(a) The religion is dying.
(b) The religion is too timid.
(c) The religion understands the world.
(d) People have abandoned the religion to the zealots.
2. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
(d) Air Force.
3. What instrument does Ziller play as Amanda sings during their first meeting?
4. What do the Zillers do for the attempted baboon thief?
(a) Allow a visitation with Mon Cul.
(b) Send him reading material.
(c) Post bail.
(d) Break him out of jail.
5. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
(b) Interrogation within a secret society.
(c) Protective custody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device arrives at John Paul and Amanda's restaurant?
2. What does Ziller generally report as his profession on government forms?
3. What is significant about Amanda's pregnancy on the first night of her relationship with Ziller?
4. What type of vegetation is common to the area in which John Paul and Amanda settle, much to their delight?
5. When Amanda suffers a miscarriage, what is the weather, which is hinted to be the cause of her accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
2. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
3. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
4. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
5. How does Plucky infiltrate the Society of the Felicitator?
6. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
7. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
8. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
9. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
10. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)