|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
(a) There are very few thunderstorms.
(b) The wind is too strong for butterflies.
(c) The weather remains cold year-round.
(d) It never snows in the winter.
2. For what does Marx express disdain in regard to Amanda?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her mysticism.
(c) Her free love.
(d) Her wardrobe.
3. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
(a) Father Distberg.
(b) Father Amnel.
(c) Father O'Dell.
(d) Father Gutstadt.
4. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
(a) Domestic cats.
5. What offer from Nearly Normal Jimmy did John Paul decline after the disbanding of the circus?
(a) He declines to take over managing to the circus.
(b) He declines an opportunity to travel to Tibet.
(c) He declines Nearly Normal Jimmy's offer to take care of Mon Cul.
(d) He declined to go record with the Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Amanda try to orchestrate a mass-smuggling of butterfly larva into the U.S.?
2. After his discharge from the military, what vocation did Plucky explore?
3. When Amanda suffers a miscarriage, what is the weather, which is hinted to be the cause of her accident?
4. In what city were forty of the entertainers in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band arrested?
5. Where was John Paul Ziller born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
2. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
3. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
4. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
5. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
6. Describe Plucky's college football career.
7. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
8. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
9. How does the narrator equate butterflies to John Paul and Amanda?
10. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)