|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which college did Plucky play football?
(a) Texas Tech.
(b) California Tech.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Duke University.
2. What is the name of Amanda's small child at the beginning of this novel?
3. What is the rooster's name?
(a) Del Rio.
(c) Big Paint.
4. Why does Mon Cul bite one of the rednecks?
(a) Mon Cul thought that Plucky was about to be attacked.
(b) The man tries to feed Mon Cul a banana.
(c) The man moves too quickly for the startled baboon.
(d) Mon Cul overheard their plans to hurt John Paul.
5. Which of John Paul and Amanda's friends also befriended Marx Marvelous, leading the man to seek out the couple?
(a) Smokestack Lightening.
(b) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(c) Plucky Purcell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What endangered animal do John Paul and Amanda agree to focus on conserving?
2. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
3. What is the name of the society Plucky has accidentally infiltrated?
4. What device arrives at John Paul and Amanda's restaurant?
5. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Amanda's lover's band get arrested?
2. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
3. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
4. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
5. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
6. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
7. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
8. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
9. Describe Plucky's college football career.
10. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)