|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what keeps Plucky from having a traditionally handsome face?
(a) His eyes.
(b) The scar on his cheek.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His grin.
2. What dead animal do the Zillers have on display at their zoo?
(a) A tsetse fly.
(b) A baboon.
(c) A garter snake.
(d) A grizzly bear.
3. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her breast.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her cheek.
4. What new character is referenced when the narrator switches time frames after discussing Amanda's time in the hospital?
(a) Marx Marvelous.
(c) Ellen Cherry Charles-Petway.
(d) Bernard Mickey Wrangle.
5. Calming Amanda's fears about his temperament, what reason does John Paul cite for his detachment as they restore their new home after the disbanding of the circus?
(a) He is worried that Baby Thor does not care for him as a father.
(b) He has not heard from Plucky in a long time.
(c) He is afraid Mon Cul is homesick.
(d) He had a bad dream about Amanda's unborn child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Amanda worried about Plucky's infiltration of the monks?
2. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
3. Why do the rednecks at the bar disapprove of the circus?
4. When creating a sign that can be seen for miles, what shape does John Paul use in order to catch people's eyes?
5. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
2. Who is Amanda?
3. Describe Plucky's college football career.
4. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
5. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
6. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
7. How does the narrator equate butterflies to John Paul and Amanda?
8. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
9. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
10. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
This section contains 1,328 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)