|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did the Indo-Tibetan circus disband?
2. What instrument does Ziller play as Amanda sings during their first meeting?
3. Where was Plucky forced to outrun a knife-wielding man?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(d) Mexico City.
4. What plants does John Paul bring Amanda in the hospital?
5. What new character is referenced when the narrator switches time frames after discussing Amanda's time in the hospital?
(b) Ellen Cherry Charles-Petway.
(c) Marx Marvelous.
(d) Bernard Mickey Wrangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
2. What is the name of Amanda's small child at the beginning of this novel?
3. Fill in the blank: the name "Marx" was chosen by Marx Marvelous because it triggered America's hatred of _______.
4. What is celebrated at the banquet on Ziller's first night with the circus?
5. What do the Zillers do for the attempted baboon thief?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Plucky's college football career.
2. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
3. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
4. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
5. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
6. Why is Marx interested in working with John Paul and Amanda?
7. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
8. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
9. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
10. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)