|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the circus manager and ringmaster of the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(a) Ba Ba.
(b) Smokestack Lightening.
(c) Madame Goody.
(d) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
2. How do Amanda and Ziller immediately feel about each other at first sight?
3. Why do the rednecks at the bar disapprove of the circus?
(a) They believe they are dealing drugs to the populace.
(b) They find hippies to immoral.
(c) They do not approve of the circus as entertainment.
(d) They believe they are practicing Satanists.
4. Although she is overwhelmed by John Paul's outward appearance, what impresses the nurse about him?
(a) His money.
(b) His fancy watch.
(c) His baboon companion.
(d) His cultured personality.
5. What position does Marx Marvelous pursue with Amanda and John Paul?
(a) Animal tamer.
(b) Hotdog guru.
(d) Manager of the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
2. Why is Amanda worried about Plucky's infiltration of the monks?
3. Calming Amanda's fears about his temperament, what reason does John Paul cite for his detachment as they restore their new home after the disbanding of the circus?
4. Even though Marx finds it hard to take John Paul seriously, what does the scientist admit about the magician?
5. For what baked good does Amanda become famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marx and Amanda's last night and morning at the zoo.
2. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
3. What is John Paul's plan for the Corpse when he disappears with it, Mon Cul, and Plucky Purcell?
4. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
5. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
6. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
7. What does Amanda point out that squashes Pulcky and Marx's idea of using the corpse to blackmail people in charge of the world?
8. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
9. What does Plucky notice about the Vatican that pushes him to conclude that the Catholic church is dying?
10. What is significant about Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)