|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Amanda purchase the rooster?
(b) Bonanza Jellybean.
(c) The Cowboy.
(d) The Woodpecker.
2. What is celebrated at the banquet on Ziller's first night with the circus?
(a) Amanda's pregnancy.
(b) His new love with Amanda.
(c) His celebrated drumming techniques.
(d) Mon Cul.
3. According to the narrator, what keeps Plucky from having a traditionally handsome face?
(a) His hair color.
(b) The scar on his cheek.
(c) His grin.
(d) His eyes.
4. How does Marx feel about Amanda?
(a) He thinks she is shallow.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He does not like her.
5. With whom does Mon Cul travel when the circus prepares to move?
(a) Baby Thor.
(b) John Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Plucky stumble over while walking in the woods?
2. What position does Marx Marvelous pursue with Amanda and John Paul?
3. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
4. Who is the circus manager and ringmaster of the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
5. When John Paul leaves a note for Amanda in the hospital, in what form does he express his sympathies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
2. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
3. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
4. Why did Amanda's lover's band get arrested?
5. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
6. How does Plucky infiltrate the Society of the Felicitator?
7. Who is Amanda?
8. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
9. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
10. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)