|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
(a) He does not agree with her lifestyle, but likes her as a person.
(b) He is instantly attracted to her.
(c) He feels that she is wrong for John Paul.
(d) He knows that she will be John Paul's downfall.
2. What story does Plucky tell the rednecks to appease their anger at the circus folk?
(a) His fall from football grace.
(b) His travels.
(c) His time in prison.
(d) His best game.
3. What did Marx previously conclude about Christianity, prior to his employment by the Zillers?
(a) People have abandoned the religion to the zealots.
(b) The religion is too timid.
(c) The religion is dying.
(d) The religion understands the world.
4. From whom does Amanda purchase the rooster?
(a) The Cowboy.
(b) Bonanza Jellybean.
(d) The Woodpecker.
5. How does Amanda, John Paul, and their neighbor find out about the attempted theft of the baboon at the zoo?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The radio.
(c) The police.
(d) The television
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
2. Why did Amanda try to orchestrate a mass-smuggling of butterfly larva into the U.S.?
3. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
4. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
5. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
2. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
3. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
4. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
5. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
6. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
7. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
8. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
9. Why is Marx interested in working with John Paul and Amanda?
10. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)