|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Paul leaves a note for Amanda in the hospital, in what form does he express his sympathies?
(c) Iambic pentameter.
2. What does Ziller generally report as his profession on government forms?
(a) Witch Doctor.
(d) Free Spirit.
3. What dead animal do the Zillers have on display at their zoo?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) A tsetse fly.
(c) A baboon.
(d) A garter snake.
4. From whom does Amanda purchase the rooster?
(a) Bonanza Jellybean.
(b) The Woodpecker.
(c) The Cowboy.
5. What did Marx previously conclude about Christianity, prior to his employment by the Zillers?
(a) The religion is dying.
(b) The religion is too timid.
(c) People have abandoned the religion to the zealots.
(d) The religion understands the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the circus manager and ringmaster of the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
2. According to the narrator, what keeps Plucky from having a traditionally handsome face?
3. With what insect is Marx Marvelous fascinated on a scientific level?
4. Why did Amanda try to orchestrate a mass-smuggling of butterfly larva into the U.S.?
5. How does Marx feel about Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Amanda?
2. Describe Plucky's college football career.
3. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
4. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
5. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
6. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
7. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
8. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
9. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
10. Why did Amanda's lover's band get arrested?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)