|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of food was served at the now-abandoned restaurant the Zillers decide to buy?
(d) Fish and chips.
2. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
(a) She feels it is cruel to keep them imprisoned.
(b) She is afraid that they are growing too dangerous for private care.
(c) She thinks they are depressed.
(d) She fears their governmental custody.
3. Calming Amanda's fears about his temperament, what reason does John Paul cite for his detachment as they restore their new home after the disbanding of the circus?
(a) He has not heard from Plucky in a long time.
(b) He is worried that Baby Thor does not care for him as a father.
(c) He is afraid Mon Cul is homesick.
(d) He had a bad dream about Amanda's unborn child.
4. How does Marx feel about Amanda?
(a) He thinks she is shallow.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He does not like her.
5. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
(a) Plucky was a college football hero.
(b) Plucky is very rich.
(c) Plucky has a baboon as a companion.
(d) Plucky is a heavy drinker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plants does John Paul bring Amanda in the hospital?
2. In what state are the Zillers traveling after they leave the circus?
3. Even though Marx finds it hard to take John Paul seriously, what does the scientist admit about the magician?
4. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
5. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Plucky being sent to Vatican City and why is this significant?
2. Describe the Second Coming as Marx discovers it.
3. Why did Amanda's lover's band get arrested?
4. What argument does Marx use on Amanda against vegetarianism and what conclusions does she draw from this?
5. Discuss the continual conflict between Marx and Amanda prior to his suicide attempt.
6. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
7. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
8. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
9. What observations do the Zillers and Marx make about the loggers and their work?
10. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)