|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He is unable to be objective about them.
(b) He dislikes John Paul.
(c) He is afraid of Amanda.
(d) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
2. What is Amanda's job in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(b) Trapeze artist.
(c) Animal trainer.
3. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
(a) Her breast.
(b) Her cheek.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her back.
4. What plants does John Paul bring Amanda in the hospital?
5. What did Plucky stumble over while walking in the woods?
(a) A gentle grizzly bear.
(b) A dead monk.
(c) Mon Cul.
(d) A woman being mugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer from Nearly Normal Jimmy did John Paul decline after the disbanding of the circus?
2. How is Plucky able to sneak away from the monastery to write letters?
3. Why is Amanda worried about Plucky's infiltration of the monks?
4. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
5. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
2. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
3. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
4. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
5. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
6. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
7. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
8. Describe Plucky's college football career.
9. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
10. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)