|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of this section, what new development is revealed when discussing the future fate of John Paul?
(a) Mon Cul will run away.
(b) A corpse will be involved.
(c) He will be divorced from Amanda.
(d) Baby Thor will be sent away by John Paul.
2. What did Plucky stumble over while walking in the woods?
(a) A dead monk.
(b) Mon Cul.
(c) A gentle grizzly bear.
(d) A woman being mugged.
3. What do the Zillers do for the attempted baboon thief?
(a) Break him out of jail.
(b) Post bail.
(c) Allow a visitation with Mon Cul.
(d) Send him reading material.
4. What drug was once found on Plucky that helped lead to his dishonorable discharge from the military?
5. What plants does John Paul bring Amanda in the hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
2. What story does Plucky tell the rednecks to appease their anger at the circus folk?
3. What is significant about Marx Marvelous's introduction to John Paul and Amanda?
4. What is the name of Amanda's small child at the beginning of this novel?
5. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
2. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
3. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
4. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
5. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
6. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
7. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
8. How does the narrator equate butterflies to John Paul and Amanda?
9. Describe John Paul Ziller's childhood.
10. Describe the narrative form of "Another Roadside Attraction."
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)