|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vegetation is common to the area in which John Paul and Amanda settle, much to their delight?
2. Even though Marx finds it hard to take John Paul seriously, what does the scientist admit about the magician?
(a) John Paul is incredibly impressive and charismatic.
(b) John Paul is the smartest man he had ever met.
(c) John Paul loves his family more than life itself.
(d) John Paul is incredibly passionate.
3. What is celebrated at the banquet on Ziller's first night with the circus?
(a) Amanda's pregnancy.
(b) Mon Cul.
(c) His celebrated drumming techniques.
(d) His new love with Amanda.
4. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her cheek.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her breast.
5. With what animal did John Paul Zimmer return to Washington after his studies in Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what keeps Plucky from having a traditionally handsome face?
2. What position does Marx Marvelous pursue with Amanda and John Paul?
3. With whom does Mon Cul travel when the circus prepares to move?
4. With what insect is Marx Marvelous fascinated on a scientific level?
5. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
2. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
3. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
4. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
5. Describe John Paul Ziller's childhood.
6. How does Plucky infiltrate the Society of the Felicitator?
7. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
8. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
9. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
10. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)