|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new character is referenced when the narrator switches time frames after discussing Amanda's time in the hospital?
(b) Bernard Mickey Wrangle.
(c) Marx Marvelous.
(d) Ellen Cherry Charles-Petway.
2. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
3. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
(a) The drumbeats the compel dancing.
(b) The monarch butterflies return to the same trees.
(c) The birds flying south for the winter.
(d) The earthworms coming up to the surface after a rain.
4. How do Amanda and Ziller immediately feel about each other at first sight?
5. What do the Zillers do for the attempted baboon thief?
(a) Post bail.
(b) Send him reading material.
(c) Break him out of jail.
(d) Allow a visitation with Mon Cul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
2. Why did Plucky have to transport Mon Cul for John Paul?
3. In what city were forty of the entertainers in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band arrested?
4. What device arrives at John Paul and Amanda's restaurant?
5. Why does Mon Cul bite one of the rednecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator equate butterflies to John Paul and Amanda?
2. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
3. Describe John Paul's gifts to his wife in the hospital and meaning behind them.
4. Who is Amanda?
5. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
6. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
7. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
8. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
9. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
10. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
This section contains 1,287 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)