|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Amanda suffers a miscarriage, what is the weather, which is hinted to be the cause of her accident?
2. What did Plucky stumble over while walking in the woods?
(a) A gentle grizzly bear.
(b) Mon Cul.
(c) A dead monk.
(d) A woman being mugged.
3. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
4. Why did Marx marry his friend's pregnant lover?
(a) He was blackmailed into doing so.
(b) He was paid to help her out.
(c) He fell in love with her.
(d) He wanted to have a child.
5. What did Amanda once hide inside a hollow tree in order to trick woodpeckers into pecking the tree?
(a) A ticking clock.
(b) A fake bird.
(c) A stash of food.
(d) A bird's nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Plucky manage to end his college football career?
2. When creating a sign that can be seen for miles, what shape does John Paul use in order to catch people's eyes?
3. What endangered animal do John Paul and Amanda agree to focus on conserving?
4. What does Marx believe about John Paul and Amanda in regards to religion?
5. How does Amanda regard the nature of the universe in regards to Plucky's letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Amanda?
2. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
3. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
4. How does the narrator equate butterflies to John Paul and Amanda?
5. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
6. What is significant about the suitcase found in Miami?
7. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
8. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
9. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
10. Why is Marx interested in working with John Paul and Amanda?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)