|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What governmental agency is revealed to be involved with the mysterious magician?
2. How does Amanda, John Paul, and their neighbor find out about the attempted theft of the baboon at the zoo?
(a) The television
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The radio.
(d) The police.
3. What concerns Amanda about John Paul's quiet anxiety as they restore their new home?
(a) She is afraid he regrets turning down the opportunity to go to Tibet.
(b) She is afraid that he will grow bored with being a husband and a father.
(c) She is afraid he regrets being married to her.
(d) She is afraid he is still in love with his first wife.
4. What is the name of Amanda's small child at the beginning of this novel?
5. After his discharge from the military, what vocation did Plucky explore?
(c) Drug dealer.
(d) Undercover police work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did the Indo-Tibetan circus disband?
2. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
3. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
4. For what does Marx express disdain in regard to Amanda?
5. What is Amanda's job in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
2. Why did Plucky become a drug dealer?
3. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
4. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
5. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
6. Why is Marx interested in working with John Paul and Amanda?
7. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
8. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
9. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
10. How does Plucky Purcell keep the rednecks from hassling the circus?
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)