|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of John Paul's former band?
(a) Congolese Congo Kings.
(b) Hoodoo Meat Bucket.
(c) Southern Upstarts.
(d) Long-Haired Freaky People.
2. What new character is referenced when the narrator switches time frames after discussing Amanda's time in the hospital?
(a) Marx Marvelous.
(b) Ellen Cherry Charles-Petway.
(c) Bernard Mickey Wrangle.
3. Who is the circus manager and ringmaster of the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(a) Ba Ba.
(b) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(c) Madame Goody.
(d) Smokestack Lightening.
4. Why did Amanda try to orchestrate a mass-smuggling of butterfly larva into the U.S.?
(a) She was dissatisfied with the lack of butterfly species in the country.
(b) She was hoping to find the perfect butterfly wings.
(c) She was going to sell them as drugs.
(d) She was afraid that they would become extinct.
5. Why did Plucky have to transport Mon Cul for John Paul?
(a) Mon Cul dislikes motorcycles.
(b) Mon Cul refuses to wear a helmet on the motorcycle.
(c) Mon Cul was refused entry onto the train.
(d) Mon Cul was ill and forced to stay behind with Plucky to recuperate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marx believe about John Paul and Amanda in regards to religion?
2. In what month did the Indo-Tibetan circus disband?
3. What position does Marx Marvelous pursue with Amanda and John Paul?
4. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
5. What governmental agency is revealed to be involved with the mysterious magician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
2. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
3. Describe Plucky's college football career.
4. How do the Zillers, Plucky and Marx allow themselves to relax before addressing the presence of the Corpse?
5. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
6. What is significant about the Corpse's appearance?
7. Why is Marx on the run from the government?
8. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
9. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
10. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)