|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rooster's name?
(b) Del Rio.
(c) Big Paint.
2. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
3. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
(a) Domestic cats.
4. What is Amanda's job in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(b) Trapeze artist.
(c) Animal trainer.
5. What drug was once found on Plucky that helped lead to his dishonorable discharge from the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
2. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
3. With what sort of friends and clients does Plucky prefer to associate?
4. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
5. What position does Marx Marvelous pursue with Amanda and John Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Marx create a new name for himself?
2. How does Plucky infiltrate the Society of the Felicitator?
3. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
4. Describe Plucky's college football career.
5. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
6. What compromises do the Zillers make about food in their roadside zoo?
7. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to the animal portion of their zoo?
8. How does Ziller end up joining the Indo-Tibetan Circus?
9. According to the jumps in the future with the narrator, what is significant about John Paul's disappearance?
10. Describe Amanda and John Paul's wedding ceremony.
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)