|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marx feel about Amanda?
(a) He does not like her.
(b) He is afraid of her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thinks she is shallow.
2. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
(a) The monarch butterflies return to the same trees.
(b) The birds flying south for the winter.
(c) The earthworms coming up to the surface after a rain.
(d) The drumbeats the compel dancing.
3. What sort of food was served at the now-abandoned restaurant the Zillers decide to buy?
(a) Fish and chips.
4. With what sort of friends and clients does Plucky prefer to associate?
(d) Blue-collar laborers.
5. What is the name of Amanda's lover's band in the beginning of "Another Roadside Attraction"?
(a) Marxist Tendencies.
(b) Capitalist Pig.
(c) Shining On.
(d) Long-Haired Freaky People.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
2. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
3. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
4. How does Amanda regard the nature of the universe in regards to Plucky's letters?
5. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Plucky discharged from the military?
2. What are the differing opinions on the spiritual power of thunderstorms?
3. What is significant about Plucky's job in logging?
4. What happens to Amanda's pregnancy?
5. What are Marx's impressions of the hot dog stand?
6. Why is John Paul distracted when he and Amanda begin to restore the shack and how does she feel about it?
7. How does Marx feel about John Paul and Amanda?
8. Describe the Society of the Felicitator.
9. How does Marx Marvelous attract John Paul and Amanda's attention?
10. What are some of the potential obstacles to Amanda and John Paul's relationship and how do they work around them?
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)