|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false alarm frightens the group from their story-telling session when trying to decide what to do with the Corpse?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A shelving unit breaking loose.
(c) A knock on the door.
(d) Mon Cul wakes up from a nightmare.
2. What natural disaster occurs in Vatican City, causing Plucky to go explore the vaults?
3. After the arrival of Father Gustadt and the undercover agents, what does Marx wake up to discover the next day?
(a) Plucky has buried the Corpse at sea.
(b) Father Gustadt is threatening to burn the zoo down around them if they do not hand over the Corpse.
(c) John Paul, Plucky, and Mon Cul have taken the Corpse and disappeared.
(d) John Paul has been arrested.
4. Why do the Zillers rarely drink alcohol?
(a) Amanda gets sick from it.
(b) John Paul believes it is sent from Hell.
(c) They dislike the taste of it.
(d) They find it to be an imperfect drug.
5. According to Marx's estimations, to where must John Paul return if he is to find true spiritual enlightenment?
(a) The sun.
(d) The moon.
6. What does Plucky Purcell find in the catacombs of the Vatican?
(a) The Dead Sea scrolls.
(b) The cross upon which Christ was crucified.
(c) Jesus's body.
(d) The Shroud of Turin.
7. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
(a) Baby Thor.
(b) John Paul.
(c) Marx Marvelous.
(d) Plucky Purcell.
8. What is Plucky's assignment in Vatican City?
(a) He is to teach the Swiss Guard martial arts.
(b) He is to convert a few key archbishops to the Society of the Felicitator.
(c) He is to research the beginnings of the Bible.
(d) He is to become a bodyguard to the Pope.
9. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
(a) Jesus's wishes at His death for the disposal of His body.
(b) The Vatican's retaliation about losing the Corpse.
(c) The will of God.
(d) The fate of Christianity if Jesus had not risen from the dead.
10. What must Marx run as one of his duties at the zoo?
(a) The flea circus.
(b) The hot dog turner.
(c) The candle light show.
(d) The juicer.
11. What is Plucky's theory about the nature of the Church in regards to the Corpse?
(a) Jesus founded the Church to carry out his teachings.
(b) It is an inherently secular organization.
(c) The Vatican has no idea that the Corpse exists.
(d) It has become misguided from Jesus's teachings through greed and hypocrisy.
12. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
13. Why do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky find the Second Coming problematic?
(a) No one will believe them.
(b) Jesus would never have wanted the Second Coming to be marked with violence and fear.
(c) Jesus Christ never ascended to Heaven.
(d) They are in charge of revealing the Lord to the world.
14. What does Amanda attempt to teach Marx in his first days with their zoos?
(a) Mixing juices.
(b) Cooking hot dogs.
(c) Identifying mushrooms.
(d) Caring for Mon Cul.
15. The night after she makes love to Marx, what does Amanda reveal to him?
(a) She no longer believes in God.
(b) She is pregnant with John Paul's child.
(c) She is sending Baby Thor to Tibet with Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(d) She will join John Paul one way or the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where is Plucky Purcell transferred, per his letter that is revealed to Marx Marvelous?
2. Prior to Marx's vacation, what is the subject of many intellectual conflicts between Marx and Amanda?
3. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
4. How did the narrator and Amanda liberate the fleas?
5. Who restores Plucky's faith in Catholicism?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)