|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the four adults residing in the Ziller household during the episode with the Corpse points out that, no matter what they decide to do with Him, people will believe what they want and could destroy anything that tells them otherwise?
(a) Marx Marvelous.
(b) John Paul.
(c) Plucky Purcell.
2. Why do the Zillers rarely drink alcohol?
(a) John Paul believes it is sent from Hell.
(b) They find it to be an imperfect drug.
(c) They dislike the taste of it.
(d) Amanda gets sick from it.
3. How old is Plucky's secret lover when he is at the monastery?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Forty years old.
(c) Twenty-five years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
4. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
(a) Beer bread.
(b) Mushroom tea.
(c) LSD-laced candy.
(d) Marijuana cookies.
5. What does Marx suggest as being the beginning stages of John Paul and Amanda's spiritualism?
(a) Freedom from conventions.
(c) The need to create a better world for their children.
(d) Dissatisfaction with the world.
6. Why was Pan highly sexual, according to Tarzan?
(a) He lived in nature.
(b) He was an animal from the waist down.
(c) He believed sex was what kept belief in Him alive.
(d) He was a heavy drinker of wine.
7. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
8. How many days do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky give themselves to decide what to do about the Corpse?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Five days.
9. After detailing Plucky's escape from the Vatican, whom does Marx address for posterity?
(a) The Cowboy.
(b) Baby Thor.
(c) John Paul.
10. According to Marx's estimations, to where must John Paul return if he is to find true spiritual enlightenment?
(a) The sun.
(b) The moon.
11. Upon what subject does Marx regularly lectures guests at the zoo?
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) Mon Cul.
12. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(b) The Cowboy.
(c) Plucky Purcell.
(d) John Paul.
13. What suggestion does Amanda give Marx about being able to think clearly on his own the night everyone goes their separate ways to consider the fate of the Corpse?
(a) Listen to the trees.
(b) Open a window.
(c) Smoke marijuana before falling asleep.
(d) Sleep upside down.
14. What story does John Paul tell while the group considers their options about the Corpse?
(a) His first sight of Amanda.
(b) African natives and the mysterious radio transmissions which continue to mystify them.
(c) The conquest of Africa by Christianity and science.
(d) His belief in innate goodness of men as evidenced by his travels in Africa.
15. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
(a) It is the Messiah's first trip of this nature.
(b) The passengers must have felt extraordinarily peaceful.
(c) Plucky must have eaten all of Amanda's marijuana cookies in order to relax on the plane.
(d) The airplane must be blessed against all occurances.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Amanda ultimately decides there is nothing morally wrong with eating meat, with what practice does she take umbrage?
2. In Marx's vision, upon what animal does Tarzan ride?
3. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
4. How does Marx argue against vegetarianism with Amanda?
5. What self-imposed is inflicting Jesus in Marx's vision?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)