|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite her open marriage with John Paul, why does Amanda refuse to have sex with Marx?
(a) She is not attracted to him.
(b) Marx is too possessive for that sort of relationship.
(c) She does not want Baby Thor to become confused.
(d) She is afraid he will get her pregnant.
2. Why do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky find the Second Coming problematic?
(a) Jesus Christ never ascended to Heaven.
(b) No one will believe them.
(c) They are in charge of revealing the Lord to the world.
(d) Jesus would never have wanted the Second Coming to be marked with violence and fear.
3. What are Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
(a) She wants to give Him back to the Vatican.
(b) She wants to give Him a proper burial.
(c) She wants to take Him public.
(d) She wants to blackmail the higher powers with the Corpse.
4. Prior to Marx's vacation, what is the subject of many intellectual conflicts between Marx and Amanda?
(a) Commerce versus materialism.
(b) Spirituality versus intellectualism.
(c) Free will versus fate.
(d) The sixties versus the fifties.
5. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
(a) Jesus's wishes at His death for the disposal of His body.
(b) The fate of Christianity if Jesus had not risen from the dead.
(c) The will of God.
(d) The Vatican's retaliation about losing the Corpse.
6. In what does Plucky disguise the Corpse as he escapes from the Vatican?
(a) Choirboy robes.
(b) Priest's array.
(c) Nun's habit.
(d) Felicitate robes.
7. How many days do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky give themselves to decide what to do about the Corpse?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
8. What is Plucky's assignment in Vatican City?
(a) He is to convert a few key archbishops to the Society of the Felicitator.
(b) He is to teach the Swiss Guard martial arts.
(c) He is to research the beginnings of the Bible.
(d) He is to become a bodyguard to the Pope.
9. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
(a) The ancient artifacts.
(b) The severity of it all.
(c) The splendor.
(d) Its vastness.
10. Around summertime of Marx's employment, what subject does he frequently discuss with John Paul?
11. After re-opening the zoo for the first time after Plucky's arrival with the Corpse, what do the Zillers insist everyone does for one evening?
(a) Participate in a drum circle while fasting.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Watch a movie at the drive-in.
(d) A night of dance and music.
12. How did the narrator and Amanda liberate the fleas?
(a) The fleas were placed on the invisible dog.
(b) The fleas crept out onto a tree branch.
(c) The fleas were released from the window.
(d) The fleas were mailed.
13. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
(a) His bootprint was found by the front door.
(b) Their neighbor tells them a priest was asking for John Paul.
(c) They hear his voice.
(d) John Paul's letters to Plucky at the monastery turn up on their front stoop.
14. What story does John Paul tell while the group considers their options about the Corpse?
(a) His belief in innate goodness of men as evidenced by his travels in Africa.
(b) The conquest of Africa by Christianity and science.
(c) His first sight of Amanda.
(d) African natives and the mysterious radio transmissions which continue to mystify them.
15. What self-imposed is inflicting Jesus in Marx's vision?
(a) He is fasting.
(b) He has flogged himself.
(c) He has been awake for forty days.
(d) He has refused beverage for days in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Plucky able to easily leave the Vatican with the disguised Corpse?
2. Why do the Zillers rarely drink alcohol?
3. When Marx is introduced to the letters of Plucky, how long has Plucky Purcell been in the monastery?
4. How does Marx scientifically date the Corpse?
5. Why is Amanda initially impressed with Marx's theory of her spiritual state?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)