|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
(a) He is too afraid to question the allegiances in his life.
(b) He is a symbol junkie.
(c) He knows Amanda is right.
(d) He thinks Amanda is spoiled and entitled.
2. The night after she makes love to Marx, what does Amanda reveal to him?
(a) She no longer believes in God.
(b) She is pregnant with John Paul's child.
(c) She is sending Baby Thor to Tibet with Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(d) She will join John Paul one way or the other.
3. What does Plucky note about the vaults under the Vatican?
(a) They are full of stolen treasures.
(b) Several remain sealed.
(c) They are worth enough to end world hunger.
(d) They are guarded around the clock.
4. What does Amanda purchase from the Cowboy after Marx's employment?
(a) The world's largest hat.
(b) A nearly-extinct butterfly.
(c) A rooster.
(d) An invisible dog.
5. What natural disaster occurs in Vatican City, causing Plucky to go explore the vaults?
6. What devices are used to motivate the nuns and priests to continue working diligently at the Vatican?
(a) World population counters.
(c) Electronic maps.
7. After his suicide attempt, what changes begin to occur in Marx?
(a) He begins to pursue other women.
(b) He begins to relax about the notions of religion and spirituality.
(c) He begins to question his scientific notions.
(d) He begins to explore the idea of going to Tibet.
8. Who restores Plucky's faith in Catholicism?
(b) Sister Domino.
(c) Sister Hillary.
(d) Bonanza Jellybean.
9. What self-imposed is inflicting Jesus in Marx's vision?
(a) He has flogged himself.
(b) He has been awake for forty days.
(c) He has refused beverage for days in the desert.
(d) He is fasting.
10. What suggestion does Amanda give Marx about being able to think clearly on his own the night everyone goes their separate ways to consider the fate of the Corpse?
(a) Open a window.
(b) Sleep upside down.
(c) Listen to the trees.
(d) Smoke marijuana before falling asleep.
11. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
(a) Marijuana cookies.
(b) Beer bread.
(c) Mushroom tea.
(d) LSD-laced candy.
12. Upon what subject does Marx regularly lectures guests at the zoo?
(c) The tsetse fly.
(d) Mon Cul.
13. In order to smuggle the Corpse out of the country, within what does Plucky convince his artist friend to encase the body?
(b) A wooden sarcophagus.
14. What is significant about the Pope in power at the Vatican?
(a) The Pope is incredibly liberal.
(b) The Pope is calling for an overhaul of the church.
(c) The Pope is very young.
(d) The Pope is simplifying the Vatican's power.
15. Given the existence of the Society of the Felicitate, what does Plucky point out as being a probable solution from the Vatican?
(a) The Vatican will be at the mercy of Father Gustadt.
(b) The Society of the Felicitate is the true power behind the church.
(c) The Vatican could kill them in order to keep the Corpse a secret.
(d) The Vatican may work with them to present Christianity with a clean slate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Marx run as one of his duties at the zoo?
2. Prior to Marx's vacation, what is the subject of many intellectual conflicts between Marx and Amanda?
3. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
4. What is singularly remarkable about people's recognition of the Corpse?
5. When Tarzan describes the cycle of life, what part of the human existence does he claim helped the crops grow?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)