|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda attempt to teach Marx in his first days with their zoos?
(a) Caring for Mon Cul.
(b) Cooking hot dogs.
(c) Mixing juices.
(d) Identifying mushrooms.
2. What suggestion does Amanda give Marx about being able to think clearly on his own the night everyone goes their separate ways to consider the fate of the Corpse?
(a) Open a window.
(b) Listen to the trees.
(c) Sleep upside down.
(d) Smoke marijuana before falling asleep.
3. How does Marx scientifically date the Corpse?
(a) Carbon dating.
(b) The acidity of the cloths wrapping the Corpse.
(c) Fingerprint analysis.
(d) Rate of deterioration.
4. What keeps Marx from becoming too jealous over Plucky's sexual encounter with Amanda?
(a) Mon Cul's illness.
(b) John Paul's assertation that Plucky needed to be with Amanda.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) The Corpse.
5. Why do the Zillers, Marx, and Plucky find the Second Coming problematic?
(a) Jesus would never have wanted the Second Coming to be marked with violence and fear.
(b) They are in charge of revealing the Lord to the world.
(c) Jesus Christ never ascended to Heaven.
(d) No one will believe them.
6. What devices are used to motivate the nuns and priests to continue working diligently at the Vatican?
(a) Electronic maps.
(c) World population counters.
7. Why was Pan highly sexual, according to Tarzan?
(a) He was an animal from the waist down.
(b) He believed sex was what kept belief in Him alive.
(c) He was a heavy drinker of wine.
(d) He lived in nature.
8. After detailing Plucky's escape from the Vatican, whom does Marx address for posterity?
(b) John Paul.
(c) Baby Thor.
(d) The Cowboy.
9. How does Plucky and the others know that Father Gustadt has found them?
(a) John Paul's letters to Plucky at the monastery turn up on their front stoop.
(b) Their neighbor tells them a priest was asking for John Paul.
(c) His bootprint was found by the front door.
(d) They hear his voice.
10. What did Amanda send Plucky Purcell for Christmas?
(a) Mushroom tea.
(b) LSD-laced candy.
(c) Beer bread.
(d) Marijuana cookies.
11. Why does Amanda appear to flummox the FBI agents in the future?
(a) She feeds them her marijuana cookies.
(b) She is able to smuggle her animals out of the house without their notice.
(c) She nearly forces him to question his reliance on symbols.
(d) She points out that they have done nothing wrong.
12. The night after she makes love to Marx, what does Amanda reveal to him?
(a) She is pregnant with John Paul's child.
(b) She will join John Paul one way or the other.
(c) She is sending Baby Thor to Tibet with Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(d) She no longer believes in God.
13. When Tarzan describes the cycle of life, what part of the human existence does he claim helped the crops grow?
(b) Illness and, subsequently, prayers for release.
(c) Decomposition of the human body.
14. How long does John Paul and Mon Cul have before the effects of the solar radiation kills them after the launch of the balloon?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Twenty-four hours.
(d) One hour.
15. What does Marx humorously note about Plucky and the Corpse's plane ride from Rome to Seattle?
(a) The airplane must be blessed against all occurances.
(b) It is the Messiah's first trip of this nature.
(c) The passengers must have felt extraordinarily peaceful.
(d) Plucky must have eaten all of Amanda's marijuana cookies in order to relax on the plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
2. What are Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
3. According to Marx, whose body is in the pantry when he returns home to the Zillers from vacation?
4. What is significant about the presence of the federal agents at the zoo at the end of the book?
5. Who is revealed to be the narrator of this book?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)