|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in bed with Amanda when Marx returns home?
(a) John Paul.
(c) The Cowboy.
(d) Father Gustadt.
2. What does Marx suggest as being the beginning stages of John Paul and Amanda's spiritualism?
(a) The need to create a better world for their children.
(b) Freedom from conventions.
(d) Dissatisfaction with the world.
3. According to Tarzan, what caused men to lose touch with death and, thus, created an unnatural fear of it?
(a) Men created the ideas of Heaven and Hell for an afterlife.
(b) Men no longer tilled their own fields.
(c) Men only looked to God for answers instead of inside themselves.
(d) Men no longer looked to the stars for answers.
4. When Tarzan compares Jesus to Pan, what does he claim the two divine beings had in common?
(b) Love of wine.
(d) Love for others.
5. What does Plucky note about the vaults under the Vatican?
(a) Several remain sealed.
(b) They are full of stolen treasures.
(c) They are guarded around the clock.
(d) They are worth enough to end world hunger.
6. According to his letter, why does Plucky entertain notions of burning down the monastery?
(a) He believes there is no point to living.
(b) He thinks he is being held prisoner.
(c) He is afraid that they will spread their anger throughout the world.
(d) His next assignment appears to be an assassination.
7. Given the existence of the Society of the Felicitate, what does Plucky point out as being a probable solution from the Vatican?
(a) The Vatican will be at the mercy of Father Gustadt.
(b) The Society of the Felicitate is the true power behind the church.
(c) The Vatican could kill them in order to keep the Corpse a secret.
(d) The Vatican may work with them to present Christianity with a clean slate.
8. How long does John Paul and Mon Cul have before the effects of the solar radiation kills them after the launch of the balloon?
(a) One hour.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
9. What is significant about the Pope in power at the Vatican?
(a) The Pope is calling for an overhaul of the church.
(b) The Pope is simplifying the Vatican's power.
(c) The Pope is very young.
(d) The Pope is incredibly liberal.
10. How does Plucky Purcell feel about the monks around him?
11. How old is Plucky's secret lover when he is at the monastery?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twenty-five years old.
(c) Forty years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
12. After the launch of the solar balloon, whose dead body was found?
(a) John Paul.
(d) Mon Cul.
13. What does Plucky Purcell find in the catacombs of the Vatican?
(a) The Shroud of Turin.
(b) Jesus's body.
(c) The cross upon which Christ was crucified.
(d) The Dead Sea scrolls.
14. What are Amanda's wishes for the Corpse?
(a) She wants to give Him a proper burial.
(b) She wants to blackmail the higher powers with the Corpse.
(c) She wants to take Him public.
(d) She wants to give Him back to the Vatican.
15. Despite her open marriage with John Paul, why does Amanda refuse to have sex with Marx?
(a) She is not attracted to him.
(b) She does not want Baby Thor to become confused.
(c) She is afraid he will get her pregnant.
(d) Marx is too possessive for that sort of relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hint does John Paul leave behind for Amanda when he, Plucky, and Mon Cul run away the Corpse?
2. What significant fact is brought into questioning concerning the presence of the Corpse?
3. Why was Pan highly sexual, according to Tarzan?
4. For what reasons does Marx persuade Plucky that revealing the Corpse to the world would be a bad idea?
5. Why is Amanda initially impressed with Marx's theory of her spiritual state?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)