|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what branch of the military was Plucky once enlisted?
(d) Air Force.
2. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
(a) He barters their restaurant's mortgage.
(b) He sleeps with the head of the hospital.
(c) He sells his most renowned sculpture.
(d) He creates a new sculpture for the hospital.
3. How is Plucky able to sneak away from the monastery to write letters?
(a) He claims he is engaging in his personal martial arts training.
(b) He claims he needs solitude for his meditations.
(c) He claims he is wrestling animals to the ground.
(d) He claims that he is hunting for mushrooms.
4. What story does Plucky tell the rednecks to appease their anger at the circus folk?
(a) His time in prison.
(b) His fall from football grace.
(c) His best game.
(d) His travels.
5. What is significant about Amanda's pregnancy on the first night of her relationship with Ziller?
(a) Ziller ignores the pregnancy entirely.
(b) Ziller grows angry at her pregnancy.
(c) Ziller is initially concerned, but lets it pass.
(d) Ziller suggests that he is still the father.
6. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He dislikes John Paul.
(b) He is afraid of Amanda.
(c) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
(d) He is unable to be objective about them.
7. Calming Amanda's fears about his temperament, what reason does John Paul cite for his detachment as they restore their new home after the disbanding of the circus?
(a) He is worried that Baby Thor does not care for him as a father.
(b) He had a bad dream about Amanda's unborn child.
(c) He has not heard from Plucky in a long time.
(d) He is afraid Mon Cul is homesick.
8. In what city were forty of the entertainers in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band arrested?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
9. What plants does John Paul bring Amanda in the hospital?
10. When Amanda suffers a miscarriage, what is the weather, which is hinted to be the cause of her accident?
11. Which of John Paul and Amanda's friends also befriended Marx Marvelous, leading the man to seek out the couple?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(c) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(d) Smokestack Lightening.
12. Why does Mon Cul bite one of the rednecks?
(a) Mon Cul overheard their plans to hurt John Paul.
(b) The man moves too quickly for the startled baboon.
(c) Mon Cul thought that Plucky was about to be attacked.
(d) The man tries to feed Mon Cul a banana.
13. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
(a) There are very few thunderstorms.
(b) The weather remains cold year-round.
(c) It never snows in the winter.
(d) The wind is too strong for butterflies.
14. What sort of food was served at the now-abandoned restaurant the Zillers decide to buy?
(a) Fish and chips.
15. What is the rooster's name?
(a) Big Paint.
(c) Del Rio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What device arrives at John Paul and Amanda's restaurant?
2. According to John Paul, what disease has genetically altered mankind for the better?
3. What drug was once found on Plucky that helped lead to his dishonorable discharge from the military?
4. When John Paul leaves a note for Amanda in the hospital, in what form does he express his sympathies?
5. What is cited as evidence of genetic memory?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)