|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Plucky tell the rednecks to appease their anger at the circus folk?
(a) His time in prison.
(b) His best game.
(c) His travels.
(d) His fall from football grace.
2. Why is Amanda worried about Plucky's infiltration of the monks?
(a) She is afraid that he will make a mockery of their religion.
(b) She is afraid that he is in over his head.
(c) She is afraid that he will lead them to their home.
(d) She is afraid that he will go mad.
3. Although she is overwhelmed by John Paul's outward appearance, what impresses the nurse about him?
(a) His baboon companion.
(b) His cultured personality.
(c) His money.
(d) His fancy watch.
4. What did Marx previously conclude about Christianity, prior to his employment by the Zillers?
(a) The religion understands the world.
(b) The religion is too timid.
(c) The religion is dying.
(d) People have abandoned the religion to the zealots.
5. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
(a) He pays them off.
(b) He tricks them into being arrested.
(c) He sends them in the opposite direction, away from the circus.
(d) He uses martial arts.
6. What is significant about Marx Marvelous's introduction to John Paul and Amanda?
(a) He claims to be an old friend of Plucky's.
(b) He tells them he is worried about Mon Cul.
(c) He had been counting on them to post bail.
(d) He proposes to Amanda immediately.
7. With whom does Mon Cul travel when the circus prepares to move?
(c) Baby Thor.
(d) John Paul.
8. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
9. What device arrives at John Paul and Amanda's restaurant?
(a) Hot-dog turner.
(c) Bun steamer.
10. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
11. When creating a sign that can be seen for miles, what shape does John Paul use in order to catch people's eyes?
(a) Hot dog.
(b) Six-pointed star.
12. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He dislikes John Paul.
(b) He is unable to be objective about them.
(c) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
(d) He is afraid of Amanda.
13. What sort of food was served at the now-abandoned restaurant the Zillers decide to buy?
(d) Fish and chips.
14. For what does Marx express disdain in regard to Amanda?
(a) Her mysticism.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her free love.
(d) Her wardrobe.
15. Where was Plucky forced to outrun a knife-wielding man?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Buenos Aires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Plucky have to transport Mon Cul for John Paul?
2. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
3. What instrument does Ziller play as Amanda sings during their first meeting?
4. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
5. Why does Amanda insist upon freeing the garter snakes and fleas when the narrator switches to the future time frame?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)