|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rooster's name?
(b) Big Paint.
(c) Del Rio.
2. In what city were forty of the entertainers in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band arrested?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Which of John Paul and Amanda's friends also befriended Marx Marvelous, leading the man to seek out the couple?
(a) Plucky Purcell.
(c) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
(d) Smokestack Lightening.
4. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
(b) Protective custody.
(c) Interrogation within a secret society.
5. From whom does Amanda purchase the rooster?
(a) The Cowboy.
(c) Bonanza Jellybean.
(d) The Woodpecker.
6. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He is afraid of Amanda.
(b) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
(c) He is unable to be objective about them.
(d) He dislikes John Paul.
7. Why did Plucky have to transport Mon Cul for John Paul?
(a) Mon Cul was refused entry onto the train.
(b) Mon Cul dislikes motorcycles.
(c) Mon Cul refuses to wear a helmet on the motorcycle.
(d) Mon Cul was ill and forced to stay behind with Plucky to recuperate.
8. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
(b) Domestic cats.
9. What new character is referenced when the narrator switches time frames after discussing Amanda's time in the hospital?
(a) Bernard Mickey Wrangle.
(b) Marx Marvelous.
(d) Ellen Cherry Charles-Petway.
10. Why do the rednecks at the bar disapprove of the circus?
(a) They do not approve of the circus as entertainment.
(b) They find hippies to immoral.
(c) They believe they are dealing drugs to the populace.
(d) They believe they are practicing Satanists.
11. Fill in the blank: the name "Marx" was chosen by Marx Marvelous because it triggered America's hatred of _______.
(a) Jewish men from New York.
(b) Misspelled names.
12. How is Plucky able to sneak away from the monastery to write letters?
(a) He claims he is engaging in his personal martial arts training.
(b) He claims he is wrestling animals to the ground.
(c) He claims he needs solitude for his meditations.
(d) He claims that he is hunting for mushrooms.
13. What did Amanda once hide inside a hollow tree in order to trick woodpeckers into pecking the tree?
(a) A ticking clock.
(b) A stash of food.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A fake bird.
14. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
(a) Plucky is very rich.
(b) Plucky is a heavy drinker.
(c) Plucky has a baboon as a companion.
(d) Plucky was a college football hero.
15. What drug was once found on Plucky that helped lead to his dishonorable discharge from the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Ziller play as Amanda sings during their first meeting?
2. Why is Amanda worried about Plucky's infiltration of the monks?
3. How does Amanda regard the nature of the universe in regards to Plucky's letters?
4. Where was John Paul Ziller born?
5. How does Plucky rid himself of the rednecks?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)