|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: the name "Marvelous" was chosen by Marx Marvelous to trigger America's hatred of _______.
2. What is significant about Amanda's pregnancy on the first night of her relationship with Ziller?
(a) Ziller grows angry at her pregnancy.
(b) Ziller suggests that he is still the father.
(c) Ziller ignores the pregnancy entirely.
(d) Ziller is initially concerned, but lets it pass.
3. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
(a) Father Distberg.
(b) Father Amnel.
(c) Father O'Dell.
(d) Father Gutstadt.
4. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He dislikes John Paul.
(b) He is afraid of Amanda.
(c) He is unable to be objective about them.
(d) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
5. What do the Zillers do for the attempted baboon thief?
(a) Allow a visitation with Mon Cul.
(b) Break him out of jail.
(c) Post bail.
(d) Send him reading material.
6. Fill in the blank: the name "Marx" was chosen by Marx Marvelous because it triggered America's hatred of _______.
(a) Misspelled names.
(b) Jewish men from New York.
7. In what state are the Zillers traveling after they leave the circus?
8. Where is the mysterious symbol on Amanda's body?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her breast.
(d) Her cheek.
9. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
(a) Plucky was a college football hero.
(b) Plucky is a heavy drinker.
(c) Plucky is very rich.
(d) Plucky has a baboon as a companion.
10. How does Plucky feel about Amanda?
(a) He is instantly attracted to her.
(b) He does not agree with her lifestyle, but likes her as a person.
(c) He knows that she will be John Paul's downfall.
(d) He feels that she is wrong for John Paul.
11. Why does Mon Cul bite one of the rednecks?
(a) Mon Cul overheard their plans to hurt John Paul.
(b) Mon Cul thought that Plucky was about to be attacked.
(c) The man moves too quickly for the startled baboon.
(d) The man tries to feed Mon Cul a banana.
12. What is Amanda's job in the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(b) Animal trainer.
(c) Trapeze artist.
13. With what animal did John Paul Zimmer return to Washington after his studies in Paris?
14. Where was John Paul Ziller born?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Congo.
(c) The Sahara.
(d) The Romanian caravans.
15. What governmental agency is revealed to be involved with the mysterious magician?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Plucky stumble over while walking in the woods?
2. In what month did the Indo-Tibetan circus disband?
3. What type of vegetation is common to the area in which John Paul and Amanda settle, much to their delight?
4. Calming Amanda's fears about his temperament, what reason does John Paul cite for his detachment as they restore their new home after the disbanding of the circus?
5. What is celebrated at the banquet on Ziller's first night with the circus?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)