|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, pages 219-258.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in bed with Amanda when Marx returns home?
(a) Father Gustadt.
(c) The Cowboy.
(d) John Paul.
2. Why does Amanda believe that Marx joined their zoo?
(a) Marx is missing spiritual significance in his life and is hoping to find it with them.
(b) Marx is obsessed with baboons.
(c) Marx is in love with her.
(d) Marx longs for simple working pleasures.
3. What solution does Amanda come up with in regards to their animal-less zoo?
(b) Domestic cats.
4. Even though Marx finds it hard to take John Paul seriously, what does the scientist admit about the magician?
(a) John Paul is the smartest man he had ever met.
(b) John Paul is incredibly impressive and charismatic.
(c) John Paul loves his family more than life itself.
(d) John Paul is incredibly passionate.
5. What does Amanda suggest about the FBI agent's anger at her ideas to Marx?
(a) He is a symbol junkie.
(b) He thinks Amanda is spoiled and entitled.
(c) He knows Amanda is right.
(d) He is too afraid to question the allegiances in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
2. What impresses and intimidates Plucky about the Vatican?
3. What does Plucky Purcell find in the catacombs of the Vatican?
4. With what insect is Marx Marvelous fascinated on a scientific level?
5. Where was Plucky forced to outrun a knife-wielding man?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)