|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 24-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ziller play as Amanda sings during their first meeting?
2. Where was John Paul Ziller born?
(a) The Romanian caravans.
(b) The Sahara.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Congo.
3. Who is the circus manager and ringmaster of the Indo Tibetan Circus and Giant Panda Gypsy Blues Band?
(a) Madame Goody.
(b) Ba Ba.
(c) Smokestack Lightening.
(d) Nearly Normal Jimmy.
4. What story does Plucky tell the rednecks to appease their anger at the circus folk?
(a) His best game.
(b) His fall from football grace.
(c) His time in prison.
(d) His travels.
5. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
2. Why did Amanda try to orchestrate a mass-smuggling of butterfly larva into the U.S.?
3. What occurrence in nature does Amanda believe holds great, mysterious power?
4. What is Nearly Normal Jimmy's explanation for why thunderstorms can affect human beings so strongly?
5. Aside from his renowned sculptures, for what else did Zimmer have a stellar reputation?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)