|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, pages 24-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ziller generally report as his profession on government forms?
(c) Witch Doctor.
(d) Free Spirit.
2. What comprises John Paul Ziller's normal attire?
(a) Shaman's headdress.
(b) Cut off blue jeans.
(c) Loin cloth.
(d) Bone armor.
3. Aside from his renowned sculptures, for what else did Zimmer have a stellar reputation?
(b) Inducing hallucinations.
4. Why are the men impressed with Plucky Purcell?
(a) Plucky is very rich.
(b) Plucky is a heavy drinker.
(c) Plucky has a baboon as a companion.
(d) Plucky was a college football hero.
5. For what baked good does Amanda become famous?
(a) Mushroom cakes.
(b) Marijuana brownies.
(c) Marijuana bread.
(d) Mushroom cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Amanda's small child at the beginning of this novel?
2. Why do the rednecks at the bar disapprove of the circus?
3. What is significant about Amanda's pregnancy on the first night of her relationship with Ziller?
4. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
5. With what animal did John Paul Zimmer return to Washington after his studies in Paris?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)