|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, pages 259-293.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
(c) Interrogation within a secret society.
(d) Protective custody.
2. What does Marx admit about his impressions of the Zillers in his journal?
(a) He is unable to be objective about them.
(b) He finds them to be too strange to not be repulsed.
(c) He is afraid of Amanda.
(d) He dislikes John Paul.
3. What awakens the group the first morning they have assembled together to discuss the Second Coming?
(a) A deliveryman.
(b) Gunshots for hunting season.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) The arrival of Father Gustadt.
4. What keeps Marx from becoming too jealous over Plucky's sexual encounter with Amanda?
(a) The Corpse.
(b) The fear of death.
(c) Mon Cul's illness.
(d) John Paul's assertation that Plucky needed to be with Amanda.
5. In what does Plucky disguise the Corpse as he escapes from the Vatican?
(a) Felicitate robes.
(b) Choirboy robes.
(c) Priest's array.
(d) Nun's habit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Marx run as one of his duties at the zoo?
2. Plucky Purcell concludes that he does not hate Catholicism. What does he realize he detests instead?
3. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
4. Upon what subject does Marx regularly lectures guests at the zoo?
5. What possession that belongs to the magician is found in Miami at the beginning of this novel?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)