|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, pages 259-293.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Amanda and Ziller immediately feel about each other at first sight?
2. Around summertime of Marx's employment, what subject does he frequently discuss with John Paul?
3. How does John Paul pay for Amanda's hospitalization?
(a) He creates a new sculpture for the hospital.
(b) He sleeps with the head of the hospital.
(c) He barters their restaurant's mortgage.
(d) He sells his most renowned sculpture.
4. Who rescues Marx from his suicide attempt?
(b) The Cowboy.
(c) John Paul.
(d) Plucky Purcell.
5. What disappoint Amanda about the weather of her new home with John Paul?
(a) The wind is too strong for butterflies.
(b) There are very few thunderstorms.
(c) It never snows in the winter.
(d) The weather remains cold year-round.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator switches story lines after discussing the logistics of Amanda's hospitalization, in what state is he and Amanda?
2. With what sort of friends and clients does Plucky prefer to associate?
3. Who is the head of the secret society of monks?
4. According to the Peace Corp officer's letter, where is Nearly Normal Jimmy going?
5. Why is Amanda initially impressed with Marx's theory of her spiritual state?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)