|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to drive Moe to his destination?
2. Which character is foreshadowed as having a lot of trouble in the future as a result of the historical event that occurs?
3. What is the name of the uncle that Moe will stay with?
4. Which of the following does Cassie have a nightmare about in Chapter 7?
5. What is most controversial about the gas station restrooms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jeremy's redemption?
2. What becomes evident from the group's experience at the train station?
3. Which character has the most impossible-fated future?
4. What is Cassie's involvement with Moe attacking the boys?
5. Does Statler deserve being attacked by Moe? Why or why not?
6. What makes Jeremy feel empty in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Solomon.
8. Describe the interactions between Moe and Cassie in Chapter 8.
9. Will Moe be able to evade police? Why or why not?
10. How are real events used in the story? How does a real events change the course of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the choices available to Cassie in contrast to the choices available to Sissy. What advantages does Cassie have over Sissy? Why is Sissy manipulative to the point that Cassie has to confront her about it?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Clarence's death play in the story? Why is Clarence a significant figure? What does he represent to the reader? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe injustice as a theme of the novel. Who is a victim of injustice, and how? Who perpetuates the injustice, and why? What literary devices are used to show injustice as a theme?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)