|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Solomon's last name?
2. What is the name of the character who is very patriotic about the war?
3. What benefits do the whites have in this story?
4. Which of these characters participated in the first World War?
5. How many characters are seriously injured as a result of Moe's attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jeremy feel empty in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the evolution of the relationship between Moe and Cassie.
3. How would Moe be punished for attacking the Aames brothers?
4. Describe Wade.
5. Describe the interaction between Solomon and Cassie.
6. Why does Cassie refer to Solomon as her "Memphis Prince"?
7. What do you think will happen in Chapter 9 of the story as a result of the events of Chapter 8?
8. What is Cassie's involvement with Moe attacking the boys?
9. Describe the interactions between Moe and Cassie in Chapter 8.
10. What is Jeremy's redemption?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cassie compares herself to Cinderella when she is in Memphis. Why does she do this? How is her life similar to Cinderella's? What traits does she share with a fairy tale character? In what ways is she different?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in the story? What does foreshadowing tell the reader? What are the symbols of foreshadowing in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in the story seem to be caught between two different worlds. Choose two characters and explain what worlds they are trapped between. Are they victims? Why or why not?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)