|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that they will send money for Moe's train ticket?
2. Where does Cassie take a bath?
3. How many boys does Moe attack?
4. Which character's last name is Jamison?
5. What is Wade's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cassie's involvement with Moe attacking the boys?
2. Describe the interaction between Solomon and Cassie.
3. What do you think will happen in Chapter 9 of the story as a result of the events of Chapter 8?
4. What plan is set in place for Moe?
5. Describe Clarence's fate.
6. What makes Jeremy feel empty in Chapter 6?
7. Does Statler deserve being attacked by Moe? Why or why not?
8. What is Jeremy's redemption?
9. Describe the whites encountered by the group in Chapter 7.
10. How would Moe be punished for attacking the Aames brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in the story? What does foreshadowing tell the reader? What are the symbols of foreshadowing in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting in the story. What is significant about the setting? Why is the time period so important? How would the story change if it were set somewhere else or if it were set in a different time period?
Essay Topic 3
Cassie compares herself to Cinderella when she is in Memphis. Why does she do this? How is her life similar to Cinderella's? What traits does she share with a fairy tale character? In what ways is she different?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)