|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that they will send money for Moe's train ticket?
2. What is the name of the character who is very patriotic about the war?
3. Which of the following is the name of one of the cafe workers?
4. Who does Moe say he wants to see one more time before leaving?
5. Whose truck does Moe hide in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Statler deserve being attacked by Moe? Why or why not?
2. What is Cassie's involvement with Moe attacking the boys?
3. What becomes evident from the group's experience at the train station?
4. What do you think will happen in Chapter 9 of the story as a result of the events of Chapter 8?
5. How are real events used in the story? How does a real events change the course of the story?
6. What is Jeremy's redemption?
7. Describe Solomon.
8. Describe Wade.
9. What does Solomon teach Cassie?
10. Describe the interaction between Solomon and Cassie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Logan family so concerned about the war? What will most likely result from the war? How does the Logan family cope with the idea of a war?
Essay Topic 2
What is the historical context of the story? How does the setting, in 1941, differ from the present? How would the story be different if the story occurred in present-time instead of in 1941?
Essay Topic 3
How are real events used to portray the setting and time period? What real events are portrayed? How are these events significant to the book's plot? What is the purpose?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)