|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Statler?
2. Which word best describes Sissy in Chapter 4?
3. Who is with the Aames brothers when the group is hunting?
4. Which character climbs a tree in the woods?
5. What brings the group of friends together in November?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does foreshadowing pay off when the group goes hunting?
2. Describe the story's historical perspective.
3. What is Statler's goal?
4. Describe Sissy's behavior after she determines that she is pregnant.
5. What does Stacey's truck represent?
6. Describe the laws in the story and how you think mention of the laws is foreshadowing.
7. Describe one character who searches for respect and how they do so.
8. Describe the relationship between the members of the Logan family.
9. Describe Cassie.
10. Describe Harris.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are real events used to portray the setting and time period? What real events are portrayed? How are these events significant to the book's plot? What is the purpose?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting in the story. What is significant about the setting? Why is the time period so important? How would the story change if it were set somewhere else or if it were set in a different time period?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in the story? What does foreshadowing tell the reader? What are the symbols of foreshadowing in the story?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)