|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clayton's nickname?
2. Which character climbs a tree in the woods?
3. What is Cassie's last name?
4. How old is Christopher-John?
5. What is the name of the school for blacks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choices does the group of friends seem to have?
2. How does the rest of the group react to Clarence joining the military?
3. Describe Cassie.
4. Describe Sissy.
5. Describe the friendship between Jeremy and the Logans.
6. Describe a theme from Chapter 3 and what makes it a theme.
7. What character(s) foreshadow trouble in the novel's future?
8. Describe Sissy's behavior after she determines that she is pregnant.
9. Describe one character who searches for respect and how they do so.
10. How does foreshadowing pay off when the group goes hunting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Jeremy's last scene with Stacey significant? What most likely happens to Jeremy after Stacey forgives him? How do you know? What is the state of Jeremy and Stacey's relationship at the end of the story? How do you know?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Jeremy's friendship with Stacey?What does Jeremy put at stake to be friends with the Logans? Is Jeremy's friendship significant to the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting in the story. What is significant about the setting? Why is the time period so important? How would the story change if it were set somewhere else or if it were set in a different time period?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)