|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christopher-John?
2. How many acres of land does the Logan family own?
3. What is Jeremy's father's name?
4. What is Sissy's goal after the reverend dies?
5. Which of the following is a symbol of friendship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the rest of the group react to Clarence joining the military?
2. Why does Stacey refuse to accept Jeremy's apology?
3. Describe the laws in the story and how you think mention of the laws is foreshadowing.
4. What choices does the group of friends seem to have?
5. What is the author's purpose in the reverend's death?
6. Describe the awkwardness that exists between Stacey and Jeremy.
7. Describe one character who searches for respect and how they do so.
8. How does Statler threaten Cassie?
9. What is one difference between the blacks and whites in the story?
10. Describe Harris.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in the story? What does foreshadowing tell the reader? What are the symbols of foreshadowing in the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Jeremy's friendship with Stacey?What does Jeremy put at stake to be friends with the Logans? Is Jeremy's friendship significant to the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How are real events used to portray the setting and time period? What real events are portrayed? How are these events significant to the book's plot? What is the purpose?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)