|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most controversial about the gas station restrooms?
(a) They are for whites only.
(b) They have racist comments written on the walls.
(c) They are nonsegregated.
(d) They are filthy.
2. Where does Moe reveal to Cassie that he loves her?
(b) Train station.
(c) Solomon's office.
(d) On the train.
3. Where is Solomon traveling to?
(c) New Orleans.
4. What weapon does Moe use against Statler?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A crowbar.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A gun.
5. What is not working with Stacey's truck in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What historical event occurs when the group is trying to get Moe out of town?
2. Which character's last name is Jamison?
3. Where does Jeremy go first after Moe's attack?
4. What is Solomon's last name?
5. Where does the group initially search for Moe when he escapes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are real events used in the story? How does a real events change the course of the story?
2. Describe Wade.
3. What is Cassie's involvement with Moe attacking the boys?
4. Describe Clarence's fate.
5. Why does Cassie refer to Solomon as her "Memphis Prince"?
6. What makes Jeremy feel empty in Chapter 6?
7. Why does Moe choose to take the train rather than have his friends drive him the whole way?
8. Describe the interaction between Solomon and Cassie.
9. How would Moe be punished for attacking the Aames brothers?
10. Will Moe be able to evade police? Why or why not?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)