|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Army camp located?
(a) Camp Strawberry.
(b) Campt Shelton.
(c) Camp Jackson.
(d) Camp Shelby.
2. What are the Aames brothers doing in the woods?
(a) Looking for their lost dog.
3. Who takes Cassie and the boys for a ride?
(a) Cassie's father.
(b) Cassie's uncle.
(c) Cassie's grandmother.
(d) Jeremy's father.
4. Which of the following is a symbol of friendship?
(a) The wind pipe.
(b) The Logan family home.
(c) The truck.
(d) The cotton crop.
5. What does Sissy expect as a result of her motivation?
(a) To get a better job.
(b) To build a healthy relationship.
(c) To become rich.
(d) To get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals they are pregnant in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following does Clarence seek by joining the Army?
3. What is Jeremy's father's name?
4. Who has become ill in Chapter 2?
5. Which of the following does Cassie look forward to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Logan family have conflict related to?
2. Why does Stacey refuse to accept Jeremy's apology?
3. Describe Sissy.
4. What choices does the group of friends seem to have?
5. Describe the racism present in The Road to Memphis.
6. Describe one character who searches for respect and how they do so.
7. Describe the laws in the story and how you think mention of the laws is foreshadowing.
8. What reaction do the white people in the story have to Harris' suffering?
9. Describe the friendship between Jeremy and the Logans.
10. Describe the story's historical perspective.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)