|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie's mother want her to do with her future?
(a) Get married.
(b) Go to college.
(c) Have children.
(d) Begin working as soon as possible.
2. How is Stacey related to Cassie?
(a) Stacey is Cassie's father.
(b) They're cousins.
(c) They're siblings.
(d) Stacey is Cassie's friend.
3. In what year does the story take place?
4. What storytelling technique is used in Chapter 1?
5. Which of the following does Cassie look forward to?
(a) Getting an education.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Working on the farm.
(d) Having children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Christopher-John?
2. How old is Cassie?
3. How old is Harris?
4. Which of the following do Cassie and Moe discuss in Chapter 2?
5. Which word best describes Sissy in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cassie's father.
2. Describe the laws in the story and how you think mention of the laws is foreshadowing.
3. Describe Sissy.
4. Describe a theme from Chapter 3 and what makes it a theme.
5. Describe the relationship between Moe and Cassie.
6. What does the Logan family have conflict related to?
7. What character(s) foreshadow trouble in the novel's future?
8. What is the author's purpose in the reverend's death?
9. Describe Jeremy's situation as of Chapter 3.
10. Describe Sissy's behavior after she determines that she is pregnant.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)