|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is it possible to sign up for the Army?
(d) New Orleans.
2. Whose feelings is Cassie scared of hurting?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
3. Which word best describes how Stacey responds to being hurt?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He cries openly.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He accepts and moves on.
4. What does Cassie dislike about Jackson?
(a) Its length from home.
(b) its people.
(c) Its charm.
(d) Its size.
5. How old is Christopher-John?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremy try to avoid?
2. Which word best describes the friendship between Jeremy and the Logan family?
3. Which character(s) calls off the dogs during the hunt?
4. What does Cassie pick a dress for?
5. Where is Stacey returning from in the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cassie's father.
2. Describe the awkwardness that exists between Stacey and Jeremy.
3. What is the author's purpose in the reverend's death?
4. How does foreshadowing pay off when the group goes hunting?
5. How does the rest of the group react to Clarence joining the military?
6. Describe the dinner conversation at the Logan home in Chapter 2.
7. What is one difference between the blacks and whites in the story?
8. What does the Logan family have conflict related to?
9. What reaction do the white people in the story have to Harris' suffering?
10. Describe Cassie.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)