|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a symbol of freedom?
(a) Jackson, Mississippi.
(b) General store.
2. How is Stacey related to Cassie?
(a) They're siblings.
(b) Stacey is Cassie's father.
(c) Stacey is Cassie's friend.
(d) They're cousins.
3. Which character apologizes profusely in Chapter 3?
4. What differentiates the Logan family from Jeremy the most?
5. Who wants to join the Army?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeremy's father's name?
2. Who does Stacey bring to his home after the incident in the woods?
3. Who reveals they are pregnant in Chapter 4?
4. Which word best describes Jeremy's father?
5. What is the name of Harris' twin sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story's historical perspective.
2. How is dialect used in the story?
3. What reaction do the white people in the story have to Harris' suffering?
4. How does the rest of the group react to Clarence joining the military?
5. Describe Cassie.
6. Describe a theme from Chapter 3 and what makes it a theme.
7. What is Statler's goal?
8. Why does Stacey refuse to accept Jeremy's apology?
9. Describe the friendship between Jeremy and the Logans.
10. Describe Jeremy's situation as of Chapter 3.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)