|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sissy expect as a result of her motivation?
(a) To build a healthy relationship.
(b) To get a better job.
(c) To become rich.
(d) To get married.
2. In which part of the United States does the story take place?
3. Which word best defines the difference between Cassie and Sissy?
4. Who visits the Logan family after dinner?
(a) Jeremy and Charlie.
(b) Sissy and Harris.
(c) The pastor.
(d) Harris and Clarence.
5. What brings the group of friends together in November?
(a) The reverend's funeral.
(b) A family outing.
(c) Jeremy's wedding.
(d) A friend has died.
6. Which of the following is a symbol of freedom?
(a) General store.
(c) Jackson, Mississippi.
7. What does Clarence begin complaining about?
(a) Swollen limbs.
(b) Bumps on his skin that itch.
(c) Stomach aches.
8. In what grade did Moe and Stacey drop out of school?
9. Describe Statler's behavior toward Cassie.
(b) Domestic violence.
(d) Sexual harassment.
10. What is the name of the man tending to the store in the first chapter?
11. How old is Cassie?
12. Which of the following does Clarence seek by joining the Army?
13. What does Cassie like about Jackson?
14. What does Statler threaten Cassie with?
(a) Hitting her with his truck.
(b) Throwing something at her.
(d) A baseball bat.
15. What jobs are plentiful?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does the group roast as they hunt?
2. What is Cassie's last name?
3. What does Cassie's mother want her to do with her future?
4. Whose feelings is Cassie scared of hurting?
5. Which word best describes the friendship between Jeremy and the Logan family?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)