|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stacey returning from in the beginning of the story?
(c) New Orleans.
2. Who cooks supper in the Logan family?
(a) Cassie's mother.
(b) Cassie's grandmother.
(d) Cassie's father.
3. Which character apologizes profusely in Chapter 3?
4. What motivates Statler's character?
(a) Stealing Stacey's truck.
(b) Gaining knowledge.
(c) Hurting mankind.
(d) Hurting black people.
5. Near what holiday does the reverend die?
6. Who takes Cassie and the boys for a ride?
(a) Jeremy's father.
(b) Cassie's uncle.
(c) Cassie's father.
(d) Cassie's grandmother.
7. Which word best describes how Stacey responds to being hurt?
(a) He accepts and moves on.
(b) He cries openly.
(c) He is understanding.
(d) He walks away.
8. What month is it in the beginning of the story?
9. Who declares their willingness to fight in a war?
10. Which word best describes Moe's disposition in Chapter 4?
11. Who wants to join the Army?
12. Who is unconscious in bed at the Logan family home in Chapter 3?
(d) Big Ma.
13. What do Harris and Clarence plan to hunt for?
14. Which of the following is a symbol of friendship?
(a) The wind pipe.
(b) The cotton crop.
(c) The Logan family home.
(d) The truck.
15. According to Cassie, which of the following relationships are over?
(a) Moe and Stacey.
(b) Moe and Cassie.
(c) Stacey and Jeremy.
(d) Jeremy and Statler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the store that appears in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following does Cassie look forward to?
3. What type of animal pulls the Logan family wagon?
4. What does Cassie's mother want her to do with her future?
5. What are the Aames brothers doing in the woods?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)