|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with the Aames brothers when the group is hunting?
(a) Big Ma.
2. Which word best describes Jeremy's father?
3. Who believes that Cassie should not go hunting?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brothers.
4. What does Cassie's mother want her to do with her future?
(a) Get married.
(b) Have children.
(c) Begin working as soon as possible.
(d) Go to college.
5. Who declares their willingness to fight in a war?
6. Who has become ill in Chapter 2?
(a) Jeremy's father.
(d) The pastor.
7. What is the name of the school for blacks?
(a) Holy Trinity.
(b) Great Faith.
(c) Grand God.
(d) Ben Franklin School.
8. In what grade did Moe and Stacey drop out of school?
9. Who is unconscious in bed at the Logan family home in Chapter 3?
(c) Big Ma.
10. Which word best describes Moe's disposition in Chapter 4?
11. Which word best describes the buses in the story?
12. What does Statler threaten Cassie with?
(b) Hitting her with his truck.
(c) Throwing something at her.
(d) A baseball bat.
13. Who defuses the danger Statler poses to Cassie?
(a) Big Ma.
(b) Cassie's father.
14. Where is Stacey returning from in the beginning of the story?
(b) New Orleans.
15. Which of the following is a symbol of friendship?
(a) The Logan family home.
(b) The cotton crop.
(c) The truck.
(d) The wind pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the store that appears in Chapter 1?
2. What month is it in the beginning of the story?
3. What has happened to Moe in the story by the time the reverend has died?
4. What does Clarence begin complaining about?
5. Which characters run back to the house to get help during the hunt?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)