|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to call Hamper after The Wall Street Journal article was printed?
2. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
3. To what does Hamper compare his factory job?
4. Why did Hamper cringe at the idea of Bob-A-Lou in love with the cafeteria cashier?
5. How much time passed between Hamper's first breakdown and his second?
Essay Topic 1
"My old man abhorred the truth. It was like some horrible, foreign diction that ripped at his core" (pg 4). What truth is Hamper referring to? As demonstrated by his own life, what was his reaction to the same truth?
Essay Topic 2
When did Hamper's job as a riveter because an identity as the Rivethead? How did he live out this identity? What impact did it have for his future?
Essay Topic 3
There is very little, if any, symbolism in the book Rivethead. What is the effect of a literal story? How does this method fit the subject matter?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)