Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to call Hamper after The Wall Street Journal article was printed?
2. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
3. To what does Hamper compare his factory job?
4. Why did Hamper cringe at the idea of Bob-A-Lou in love with the cafeteria cashier?
5. How much time passed between Hamper's first breakdown and his second?
Essay Topic 1
Hamper often describes a small section of his surroundings - his parents' couch, his workbench, Mark's Lounge - but rarely a larger scene such as the city of Flint. What does this say about the scope of his world? How often did he take in the larger scene compared to how often he was focused simply on the task ahead of him?
Essay Topic 2
Hamper often uses short sentences comprised of a couple nouns and no verbs. What is the effect of these sentences to the reader? Do they propel or slow the flow of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hamper's writing career begin? What was the progression?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)