|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Six, as Hamper explains, what do the rednecks on the Rivet Line collect?
2. Why was Jackson afraid of Hamper?
3. How was Paul injured on the Rivet Line?
4. If a person had to wait in the chairs along the edges of the unemployment office, what did Hamper recommend that he do?
5. According to Hamper in Chapter 10, why did GM not allow the NBC film crew into the factory?
Essay Topic 1
How many women were involved in Hamper's life and what roles did they play? As seen by his relationships with Joanie and Janice, what were his attitudes toward women?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Hamper recounts the behaviors and antics of several of his coworkers. What makes these stories funny? How does Hamper choose words and phrases to emphasize the humor of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a good autobiography? Does Hamper's book fulfill those requirements? What are the pros and cons of a fictionalized life compared to an autobiography?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)