|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to call Hamper after The Wall Street Journal article was printed?
2. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
3. To what does Hamper compare his factory job?
4. Why did Hamper cringe at the idea of Bob-A-Lou in love with the cafeteria cashier?
5. How much time passed between Hamper's first breakdown and his second?
Essay Topic 1
Hamper often uses short sentences comprised of a couple nouns and no verbs. What is the effect of these sentences to the reader? Do they propel or slow the flow of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hamper always remember the man who came late for the GM work call, the first time he worked at the factory (pg 32)? How might his thoughts about the incident have changed as he moved in and out of GM?
Essay Topic 3
What makes a good autobiography? Does Hamper's book fulfill those requirements? What are the pros and cons of a fictionalized life compared to an autobiography?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)