|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hamper's supervisor feel when he needed to leave work early because of his breakdown?
2. What was the compromise that allowed Alex into the factory?
3. What victory did Hamper enjoy, though the Olympic gold medal wasn't real?
4. According to Hamper in Chapter 10, why did GM not allow the NBC film crew into the factory?
5. When was Hamper asked for an autograph by an ambitious husband?
Essay Topic 1
Hamper often uses short sentences comprised of a couple nouns and no verbs. What is the effect of these sentences to the reader? Do they propel or slow the flow of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Several times throughout the book, Hamper gives foreshadowing of his mental breakdown. Where are these references? Do they prepare the reader for what is coming?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Gino Donlan? Why did Hamper like him and why was he different from many other people in his same position? To answer this, you should compare him to other supervisors in the plant.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)