|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While reading The Wall Street Journal article, what did Hamper realize?
(a) The average American was not interested in the working class survivors.
(b) He would rather be a writer than a factory worker.
(c) The working class survivors were a pitiful lot.
(d) The working class survivors were the backbone of America.
2. Paul took over Janice's job on the Rivet Line; where had he worked before?
(a) The body shop.
(c) The tailgate line.
(d) The foundry.
3. Why was Moore fired from Mother Jones?
(a) He brought poor writers into the magazine.
(b) He was in Flint more than in San Francisco.
(c) He constantly clashed with the managing editor.
(d) He refused to curb his sharp tongue.
4. To what did Hamper compare Dave's styled hair?
(a) A defective suburban.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) An old woman's nightmare.
(d) An exotic bird.
5. When did Hamper's first breakdown occur?
(a) December 1986.
(b) July 1986.
(c) April 1992.
(d) August 1983.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
2. As Hamper begins Chapter Five, what does he think is the worst part of unemployment?
3. When did Hamper experience his last breakdown?
4. What aggravated Hamper about his friendship with Janice?
5. What was Dave's attitude toward humanity?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)