|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hamper's supervisor feel when he needed to leave work early because of his breakdown?
(a) The supervisor was angry at being shorthanded.
(b) Hamper was too stressed to notice the supervisor's response.
(c) The supervisor was highly concerned.
(d) The supervisor said he didn't believe Hamper.
2. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He was not strong enough.
(b) He could not figure out the progression.
(c) He thought he should not work first shift.
(d) He was too short.
3. Why did Hamper begin writing?
(a) He was unemployed again and bored.
(b) He wanted to tell his story.
(c) His sister thought he would have a lot of success as a writer.
(d) He was hoping to move out of the factory into publishing.
4. How much money would Hamper make writing articles for Mother Jones?
(a) $2 per word.
(b) $850 per article.
(c) $4000 per year.
(d) $100 per article.
5. What did Hamper do during his vacation?
(a) Promoted his cover story for Mother Jones.
(b) Went to Chicago because he'd never been there before.
(c) Went to San Francisco to visit Moore.
(d) Slept in and drank beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hamper sign the transfer paper to move to Pontiac?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 10, why did Moore not want to move to San Francisco?
3. Why did Hamper cringe at the idea of Bob-A-Lou in love with the cafeteria cashier?
4. As Hamper begins Chapter Five, what does he think is the worst part of unemployment?
5. If a person had to wait in the chairs along the edges of the unemployment office, what did Hamper recommend that he do?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)