|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hamper's supervisor feel when he needed to leave work early because of his breakdown?
(a) The supervisor said he didn't believe Hamper.
(b) Hamper was too stressed to notice the supervisor's response.
(c) The supervisor was angry at being shorthanded.
(d) The supervisor was highly concerned.
2. If a person had to wait in the chairs along the edges of the unemployment office, what did Hamper recommend that he do?
(a) Call his wife to say he'd be home the following Tuesday.
(b) Put a stop on his mail delivery.
(c) Cause a scene so he'd be put at the front of the line.
(d) Come back another day.
3. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He could not figure out the progression.
(b) He was not strong enough.
(c) He thought he should not work first shift.
(d) He was too short.
4. What happened to the man who tried to kill his coworker?
(a) He was fired immediately.
(b) He was charged with attempted murder but not convicted.
(c) He was suspended for two weeks.
(d) He was written up.
5. What did Hamper remember about his interview for the Mother Jones cover story?
(a) The cameramen laughed so hard that their cameras shook.
(b) He told only one off-color joke.
(d) The interviewer nearly fell out of his chair laughing.
6. What did Howie do when he began touring the factory again?
(a) Bounded around to check the quality of people's work.
(b) Inspired confidence like he had done before.
(c) Became the butt of everyone's jokes.
(d) Walked slowly and did not interact with the employees.
7. Why did Ronny volunteer Hamper and himself for the tailgate buildup job?
(a) It was the easiest job in the Jungle.
(b) It was the only open job left.
(c) They'd have the ability to double-up the jobs.
(d) He wanted to work with Hamper.
8. What activity did Hamper want to do with Roger Smith, the company president?
(c) Drink beer.
9. How did Hamper and Dave Steel initially bond?
(a) Hamper asked Dave why he stood up to the supervisor.
(b) Over Hamper's article that rock music was dead.
(c) Hamper invited Dave for a drink.
(d) They worked next to each other on the assembly line.
10. What did Hamper do during his vacation?
(a) Went to Chicago because he'd never been there before.
(b) Slept in and drank beer.
(c) Went to San Francisco to visit Moore.
(d) Promoted his cover story for Mother Jones.
11. Why was Hamper given a $2,700 check?
(a) Disability payment because he had injured his back at work.
(b) Incentive to come back to work at GM, since he was already trained.
(c) Bonus for restarting his job at GM.
(d) Bonus from a bill Jimmy Carter had put through.
12. What fear did Dr. Kilaru diagnose Hamper with?
13. At the beginning of Chapter Six, as Hamper explains, what do the rednecks on the Rivet Line collect?
(a) Sick days.
(b) Banana stickers.
(c) Beer caps.
(d) Broken rivet heads.
14. What happened as the Rivet Line began to build army trucks?
(a) The trucks took twice as long to build as the regular suburbans.
(b) The trucks took less time to build than the suburbans did.
(c) The men learned very slowly how to build the trucks.
(d) They were constantly missing pieces.
15. After four months on the Rivet Line, how did Hamper feel?
(a) That he would go crazy if he didn't escape.
(b) That he deserved to move to a better job within the company.
(c) That he had fulfilled his destiny in life.
(d) That he was getting bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hamper hate the new supervisor, Calvin Moza?
2. While visiting the factory, what did Moore really want to do?
3. Why did Hamper sign the transfer paper to move to Pontiac?
4. Why was it difficult to get a visitor's pass for Alex, the reporter from The Wall Street Journal?
5. How was Paul injured on the Rivet Line?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)