|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hamper asked for an autograph by an ambitious husband?
(a) As he was getting into his car to leave the factory.
(b) When he was leaving the factory for the last time.
(c) As he was driving to his mental health group.
(d) When he was hitting rivets during his last shif.
2. When Hamper is contacted by The Wall Street Journal, what does his boss Gino call the paper?
(a) The Walleye Journal.
(b) The Water Journal.
(c) Harper's Bazaar.
(d) The Walling Journal.
3. What was Dave's attitude toward humanity?
(a) He disliked everyone, often including Hamper.
(b) He liked people only if they benefited him directly.
(c) He was sociable and outgoing.
(d) He ignored people.
4. Why did Polson, another shop-rat, become angry at Hamper?
(a) Hamper had written an angry article about the Rivet Line.
(b) Hamper was trying to get a manager position over Polson.
(c) Polson could not stand Hamper's pranks at work.
(d) Hamper had written a disparaging article about deer hunting.
5. According to Hamper in Chapter 10, why did GM not allow the NBC film crew into the factory?
(a) Hamper had already used his favors to get The Wall Street Journal writer in.
(b) GM did not trust anything Hamper wanted to do.
(c) GM believed any creativity came from a flawed mind.
(d) GM had strict publicity rules.
6. While meeting the producer from 60 Minutes, why was Hamper nervous?
(a) A lot of people wanted his autograph.
(b) There was a lot of light and plants.
(c) He was afraid he would say the wrong thing.
(d) The producer was an anxious, jittery man.
7. Why did Hamper take a long time learning his job on the Rivet Line?
(a) His coworker didn't know how to train him very well.
(b) It was a difficult job.
(c) He was lazy and did not want to learn it.
(d) He was hoping to be transferred somewhere else.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Six, as Hamper explains, what do the rednecks on the Rivet Line collect?
(a) Banana stickers.
(b) Broken rivet heads.
(c) Sick days.
(d) Beer caps.
9. What happened when Hamper wanted to get out of his move to Pontiac
(a) GM would not let him out of a signed contract.
(b) He was told he'd have to see if his job would still remain in two years.
(c) He was fired immediately.
(d) The union representative said he would pull some strings so he could stay.
10. Paul took over Janice's job on the Rivet Line; where had he worked before?
(a) The tailgate line.
(b) The body shop.
(c) The foundry.
11. To what did Hamper compare Dave's styled hair?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) A defective suburban.
(c) An exotic bird.
(d) An old woman's nightmare.
12. Why was the Good Times Lounge lawsuit dropped?
(a) The owner realized he could not win the case.
(b) The judge threatened to throw out the case.
(c) The owner moved to Alaska.
(d) Moore negotiated an out-of-court settlement.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 10, why did Moore not want to move to San Francisco?
(a) He was hesitant about the career move.
(b) He hated change.
(c) He loved Flint.
(d) He hated California.
14. What job did Jan, Hamper's second wife, have?
(b) News anchor.
(d) Bank clerk.
15. What happened as the Rivet Line began to build army trucks?
(a) They were constantly missing pieces.
(b) The men learned very slowly how to build the trucks.
(c) The trucks took twice as long to build as the regular suburbans.
(d) The trucks took less time to build than the suburbans did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was it difficult to get a visitor's pass for Alex, the reporter from The Wall Street Journal?
2. What was Hamper's favorite way to pass time at work?
3. How was Paul injured on the Rivet Line?
4. As Hamper discovered late one morning, approximately how many employees did GM plan to lay off?
5. Why did Hamper refuse to enroll in an outpatient mental health center?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)