|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
(a) Quiet employee and bossy supervisor.
(b) Drunkard and teetotaler.
(c) Pervert and saint.
(d) Hard worker and slacker.
2. What happened when Hamper wanted to get out of his move to Pontiac
(a) GM would not let him out of a signed contract.
(b) He was fired immediately.
(c) He was told he'd have to see if his job would still remain in two years.
(d) The union representative said he would pull some strings so he could stay.
3. How did Hamper and Dave Steel initially bond?
(a) They worked next to each other on the assembly line.
(b) Hamper asked Dave why he stood up to the supervisor.
(c) Hamper invited Dave for a drink.
(d) Over Hamper's article that rock music was dead.
4. Why was it difficult to get a visitor's pass for Alex, the reporter from The Wall Street Journal?
(a) No one knew where Hamper should go to request it.
(b) Every department said their hands were tied.
(c) Hamper's supervisor didn't want to give approval for the visit.
(d) The request took two weeks to process.
5. Who did Bob-A-Lou marry?
(a) A woman in the Philippines.
(b) A woman who worked in the Finishing Line at GM.
(c) The cafeteria cashier.
(d) Hamper's cousin.
6. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He was too short.
(b) He thought he should not work first shift.
(c) He was not strong enough.
(d) He could not figure out the progression.
7. As he drove home during his breakdown, what did Hamper think he saw?
(a) The Grand Canyon.
(b) His car's soul.
(c) Cows driving cars.
(d) Insects and frogs.
8. When the Good Times Lounge sued Hamper, how much money did the owner want?
(a) Five thousand dollars.
(b) No money but a written apology.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
9. To what did Hamper compare Dave's styled hair?
(a) An old woman's nightmare.
(b) A defective suburban.
(c) An exotic bird.
(d) The Eiffel Tower.
10. What was the primary reason that Henry Jackson, the supervisor, hated Dave?
(a) Dave wanted his job.
(b) They had been competitive with each other since high school.
(c) Dave was more intelligent than Henry.
(d) Dave was not afraid to stand up to him.
11. What did Hamper find most irritating about the message board?
(a) It was directly in his line of vision.
(b) It only told him uninteresting stuff he already knew.
(c) It flashed a shade of orange that he hated.
(d) He could not read one message before it changed to the next.
12. Why was the Good Times Lounge lawsuit dropped?
(a) The owner moved to Alaska.
(b) The owner realized he could not win the case.
(c) The judge threatened to throw out the case.
(d) Moore negotiated an out-of-court settlement.
13. When was Hamper asked for an autograph by an ambitious husband?
(a) When he was hitting rivets during his last shif.
(b) As he was driving to his mental health group.
(c) When he was leaving the factory for the last time.
(d) As he was getting into his car to leave the factory.
14. What aggravated Hamper about his friendship with Janice?
(a) She insisted that she could do everything a man could.
(b) She acted too differently from the male employees.
(c) She wanted to hide their friendship from her husband.
(d) Their coworkers assumed they were sleeping together.
15. Why was Gino moved from his position as supervisor on the Rivet Line?
(a) His men were turning out poor quality work.
(b) He came to work drunk quite often.
(c) He was not really doing his job anymore.
(d) He had become too friendly with the workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Jan, Hamper's second wife, have?
2. Why did Hamper sign the transfer paper to move to Pontiac?
3. What was Dave's attitude toward humanity?
4. Paul took over Janice's job on the Rivet Line; where had he worked before?
5. Why was Hamper given a $2,700 check?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)