|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In pretending that he's competing in the Olympics, who are his opponents?
2. Why did Ronny volunteer Hamper and himself for the tailgate buildup job?
(a) It was the easiest job in the Jungle.
(b) It was the only open job left.
(c) They'd have the ability to double-up the jobs.
(d) He wanted to work with Hamper.
3. How was Paul injured on the Rivet Line?
(a) He dropped the skid plate on his foot.
(b) He tore the tendons and arteries in his right wrist.
(c) He sliced his arm to the bone.
(d) He tore the arteries in his left wrist.
4. What did Hamper call his "real attraction to David Steel" (pg 98)?
(a) Dave was more cynical and gloomy than he was.
(b) Dave was always cracking jokes.
(c) Both men loved classic rock.
(d) Both men felt they were destined to be shoprats.
5. Why did Polson, another shop-rat, become angry at Hamper?
(a) Hamper had written an angry article about the Rivet Line.
(b) Hamper had written a disparaging article about deer hunting.
(c) Hamper was trying to get a manager position over Polson.
(d) Polson could not stand Hamper's pranks at work.
6. Why did Hamper want to wear the Howie costume head?
(a) He wanted to prove that Howie was not real.
(b) He wanted to be the quantity control mascot.
(c) He wanted to prove he could break into any locked room.
(d) He wanted a Halloween costume.
7. Who was the first person to call Hamper after The Wall Street Journal article was printed?
(a) A guy from high school he had never liked.
(b) A book agent.
(c) A Flint television station.
(d) His father.
8. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He thought he should not work first shift.
(b) He was too short.
(c) He could not figure out the progression.
(d) He was not strong enough.
9. To what did Hamper compare Dave's styled hair?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) An old woman's nightmare.
(c) A defective suburban.
(d) An exotic bird.
10. Why was the Good Times Lounge lawsuit dropped?
(a) The judge threatened to throw out the case.
(b) The owner realized he could not win the case.
(c) The owner moved to Alaska.
(d) Moore negotiated an out-of-court settlement.
11. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
(a) Quiet employee and bossy supervisor.
(b) Drunkard and teetotaler.
(c) Hard worker and slacker.
(d) Pervert and saint.
12. How much time passed between Hamper's first breakdown and his second?
(a) A week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Eight hours.
13. What nearby bar did Hamper and his coworkers often go to after work?
(a) Andy's Tavern.
(b) Mark's Lounge.
(c) Nick's Pub.
(d) Jerry's Bar.
14. At the beginning of the Epilogue, what sport was Hamper playing?
(b) Miniature golf.
15. Why was Moore fired from Mother Jones?
(a) He was in Flint more than in San Francisco.
(b) He brought poor writers into the magazine.
(c) He constantly clashed with the managing editor.
(d) He refused to curb his sharp tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aggravated Hamper about his friendship with Janice?
2. What did Hamper find most irritating about the message board?
3. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
4. How did Hamper prepare for his interview for the Mother Jones cover story?
5. Why did Hamper take a long time learning his job on the Rivet Line?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)