|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passed between Hamper's first breakdown and his second?
(a) Five days.
(b) A week.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Two days.
2. Why was Hamper given a $2,700 check?
(a) Bonus from a bill Jimmy Carter had put through.
(b) Incentive to come back to work at GM, since he was already trained.
(c) Disability payment because he had injured his back at work.
(d) Bonus for restarting his job at GM.
3. When Hamper had to go into corporate offices to request Alex's visitor pass, why was he nervous?
(a) He thought the businessmen would look down on him.
(b) He was never sure how to act.
(c) The buildings were too fancy.
(d) The offices felt like tombs.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Six, as Hamper explains, what do the rednecks on the Rivet Line collect?
(a) Banana stickers.
(b) Broken rivet heads.
(c) Beer caps.
(d) Sick days.
5. At the beginning of the Epilogue, what sport was Hamper playing?
(a) Miniature golf.
6. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
(a) Quiet employee and bossy supervisor.
(b) Pervert and saint.
(c) Hard worker and slacker.
(d) Drunkard and teetotaler.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 10, why did Moore not want to move to San Francisco?
(a) He was hesitant about the career move.
(b) He loved Flint.
(c) He hated change.
(d) He hated California.
8. Why did Hamper think that Moore's car would be destroyed at the GM factory?
(a) The factory workers were eager for a fight.
(b) Moore drove a Honda.
(c) White collar professionals were not treated kindly at the factory.
(d) Moore drove a Chevy.
9. Why did Hamper refuse to enroll in an outpatient mental health center?
(a) He did not want to just because his doctor insisted on it.
(b) He did not have the money for it at the time.
(c) It would have meant drinking less.
(d) That would mean interacting with people.
10. What incentive did management offer if the assembly line kept the quality high?
(a) A new Ford truck.
(b) An extra day of vacation.
(c) A personal drinking glass.
(d) A gift card to the local grocery store.
11. What nearby bar did Hamper and his coworkers often go to after work?
(a) Jerry's Bar.
(b) Andy's Tavern.
(c) Nick's Pub.
(d) Mark's Lounge.
12. To what did Hamper compare Dave's styled hair?
(a) A defective suburban.
(b) The Eiffel Tower.
(c) An exotic bird.
(d) An old woman's nightmare.
13. Why was it difficult to get a visitor's pass for Alex, the reporter from The Wall Street Journal?
(a) No one knew where Hamper should go to request it.
(b) Every department said their hands were tied.
(c) The request took two weeks to process.
(d) Hamper's supervisor didn't want to give approval for the visit.
14. Why did Hamper begin writing?
(a) He was hoping to move out of the factory into publishing.
(b) He was unemployed again and bored.
(c) He wanted to tell his story.
(d) His sister thought he would have a lot of success as a writer.
15. In pretending that he's competing in the Olympics, who are his opponents?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Hamper discovered late one morning, approximately how many employees did GM plan to lay off?
2. Why did Ronny volunteer Hamper and himself for the tailgate buildup job?
3. While visiting the factory, what did Moore really want to do?
4. While reading The Wall Street Journal article, what did Hamper realize?
5. Why did Hamper change his mind about filming at Mark's Lounge?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)