|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what religiously-loaded term did Hamper use to describe Flint?
(a) Greaseball Mecca.
(b) God's Factory.
(c) Hitching-post Heaven.
(d) The Automotive Temple.
2. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) He turned in a written apology.
(b) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
(c) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
(d) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
3. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
4. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were not religious.
(b) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
(c) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
(d) Most of the kids were middle-class.
5. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
(a) He wanted his wife to be proud of all their kids.
(b) Education was important to him.
(c) He cared about achieving more and looking better than the neighbors.
(d) He wanted his son to avoid the life of a factory worker.
6. What did Hamper think was Dan-O's most amusing prank?
(a) The crucified wallet.
(b) The psychedelic porn kaleidoscope.
(c) The charging tarantula trap.
(d) The suburban shuffle.
7. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) To stop caring about his life.
(b) Hamper gave it to him.
(c) To numb the monotony of his job.
(d) He was addicted.
8. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(b) He was too scared.
(c) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(d) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
9. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
(a) Asked for the nurse's phone number.
(b) Lied about his medical history.
(c) Sold his urine to the man ahead of him in line.
(d) Pretended to be sick so he would have another week of freedom.
10. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
11. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
(a) They would feed his siblings and do homework.
(b) They would ignore his siblings and make love in the living room.
(c) They would feed his siblings and drop acid.
(d) They would feed his siblings and make love in the living room.
12. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
(a) Top 40's.
(c) Classic rock.
13. Why did Jack take a sledgehammer to the cigarette machine?
(a) He was pretending the machine was the plant manager.
(b) He thought the broken machine was a GM conspiracy.
(c) The machine had eaten his money.
(d) He wanted to take his anger out on something.
14. How many siblings did Joanie have?
15. At the beginning of Chapter Four, when Hamper and Bob-A-Lou went to the "State of the Factory" address, what were they given?
(a) Certificates of appreciation.
(b) Chips and beer.
(c) Pretzels and cold soda.
(d) Jelly doughnuts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
2. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
3. What year did Hamper begin working at GM?
4. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
5. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)