|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
(a) They would ignore his siblings and make love in the living room.
(b) They would feed his siblings and drop acid.
(c) They would feed his siblings and make love in the living room.
(d) They would feed his siblings and do homework.
2. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
(a) They thought the men could handle another task.
(b) They wanted to test the men's speed.
(c) They wanted to break up their system.
(d) They wanted to make an example of the men.
3. In the summer and fall of 1977, how many hours a day did Hamper work?
4. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
(b) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(c) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(d) That he was headed for Indiana.
5. Approximately how long was Hamper's father gone?
(a) One month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
6. Why was Robert often angry when he got his check?
(a) He wasn't getting paid what he thought he was worth.
(b) Most of it went to child support.
(c) Half the check went to pay his wife's expensive clothes.
(d) Most of it went to pay for the college education he wasn't using.
7. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
(a) Abortion and adoption were unheard-of in their religious circle.
(b) They loved each other.
(c) Hamper wanted to escape his mother's home.
(d) They were finally eighteen and able to make their own decisions.
8. What was Glen's dream job?
(a) Being a rock'n'roll legend.
(b) Working at the GM factory.
(c) Painting apartments.
(d) Owning his own restaurant.
9. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
(a) Lied about his medical history.
(b) Asked for the nurse's phone number.
(c) Sold his urine to the man ahead of him in line.
(d) Pretended to be sick so he would have another week of freedom.
10. As Brown hung around in the Cab Shop, what did he do?
(a) Read magazines.
(b) Drank beer.
(c) Fell asleep.
(d) Smoked marijuana.
11. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
(a) Gradually move into a less demanding assembly line.
(b) Move up into management.
(c) Stay in their tasks for thirty years.
(d) Get injured and earn disability pay most of their lives.
12. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(b) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(c) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(d) He was too scared.
13. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(b) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
(c) He hit a parked car.
(d) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
14. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
(a) When they planned to put him to work immediately.
(b) When the applicant didn't look healthy.
(c) When the application had been processed.
(d) When the applicant's background check showed drug involvement.
15. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By plugging into a factory outlet.
(b) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
(c) With 9-volt batteries.
(d) With a car battery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
2. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
3. What did Hamper think was Dan-O's most amusing prank?
4. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
5. What job did Hamper get after he quit painting?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)