|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Making rookies do all his work for him.
(b) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(c) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
(d) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
2. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
(b) Glen lived in the building.
(c) Their wives had been friends for several months.
(d) They were in identical situations.
3. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
4. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
(a) His mom preferred to work as stay home.
(b) His dad didn't hold down a job very long.
(c) His dad was frequently in jail.
(d) His mom had better job skills than his dad did.
5. How much money did Hamper make painting apartments?
(a) Seven dollars an hour.
(b) One hundred dollars per apartment.
(c) Fifty dollars a day.
(d) Three dollars an hour.
6. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He hit a parked car.
(b) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
(c) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(d) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
7. Inside the auto factory, why was the Cab Shop nicknamed the Jungle?
(a) There were lots of bugs.
(b) It was as hot as the equator.
(c) There were lots of hanging ropes and cables.
(d) It was impossible to escape from the place.
8. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
(a) Left in silence.
(c) Yelled at the supervisor.
(d) Cursed the men who had arrived on time.
9. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(b) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(c) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(d) He was too scared.
10. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
(a) The counselor could only recommend blue-collar jobs.
(b) Hamper hated all the job choices that the counselor presented.
(c) Hamper was too stoned to go.
(d) The counselor could not find a suitable job for him.
11. What did Hamper do when people criticized him for drinking on the job?
(a) He was quick to defend himself.
(b) He laughed and ignored them.
(c) He was hurt because what they said was true.
(d) He thought they were hypocrites.
12. How did management generally run the factory?
(a) Hear no evil, see no evil.
(b) Follow the letter of the law but not necessarily the spirit.
(c) Every rule must be followed completely.
(d) Any employee who's a favorite can do whatever he wants.
13. What job did Dale hold during the first part of his day?
(a) Traffic cop.
(b) Tax accountant.
(c) Pig farmer.
(d) Horse rancher.
14. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
(a) Made him happy.
(b) Gave him a bad attitude.
(c) Turned everything purple.
(d) Destroyed reality.
15. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamper's mom hope he'd do once he finished high school?
2. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
3. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
4. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
5. At the factory, when was the most popular time to drink?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)