Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
(a) Gave him a bad attitude.
(b) Destroyed reality.
(c) Turned everything purple.
(d) Made him happy.
2. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
(a) They loved each other.
(b) Abortion and adoption were unheard-of in their religious circle.
(c) Hamper wanted to escape his mother's home.
(d) They were finally eighteen and able to make their own decisions.
3. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ninety days.
4. Why was Hamper expelled from his Catholic high school?
(a) He was caught trying to skip class.
(b) He was caught rolling a joint in the library.
(c) He refused to attend the daily mass.
(d) He had sworn at his history teacher.
5. What did Hamper think was Dan-O's most amusing prank?
(a) The charging tarantula trap.
(b) The suburban shuffle.
(c) The crucified wallet.
(d) The psychedelic porn kaleidoscope.
6. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
(a) Cursed the men who had arrived on time.
(b) Left in silence.
(c) Yelled at the supervisor.
7. How had Hamper imagined his father's work before he saw it?
(a) The workplace was cleaner.
(b) There weren't any loud machines.
(c) His dad built each car from a kit.
(d) Half the employees were women.
8. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(b) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
(c) That he was headed for Indiana.
(d) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
9. At the beginning of Chapter Four, when Hamper and Bob-A-Lou went to the "State of the Factory" address, what were they given?
(a) Chips and beer.
(b) Pretzels and cold soda.
(c) Jelly doughnuts.
(d) Certificates of appreciation.
10. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
(a) An attraction to girls.
(b) A desire to get out of Flint.
(c) His dream of becoming an ambulance driver.
(d) A desire not to disappoint his mother.
11. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
12. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were middle-class.
(b) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
(c) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
(d) Most of the kids were not religious.
13. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
(a) In his girlfriend's living room.
(b) In a drafty shed.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In his kitchen.
14. Approximately how long was Hamper's father gone?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) One month.
15. When Hamper was a child, why were his friends amused by his dad?
(a) Because his dad loved to entertain kids.
(b) Because their dads were sober and hard-working.
(c) Because his dad told good stories.
(d) Because his dad always gave them an allowance too.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
2. Why did Jack take a sledgehammer to the cigarette machine?
3. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
4. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
5. Inside the auto factory, why was the Cab Shop nicknamed the Jungle?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)