|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(b) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(c) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(d) He was too scared.
2. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
(b) Glen lived in the building.
(c) They were in identical situations.
(d) Their wives had been friends for several months.
3. When did Hamper's great-grandfather begin working in the car factory?
4. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(b) That he was headed for Indiana.
(c) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
(d) That he took the last can of beer with him.
5. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
(a) He was still motivated from his freshman year.
(b) He decided he never wanted to work in a factory.
(c) His father was intimidating him into getting good grades.
(d) He had plenty of time to study while babysitting his younger siblings.
6. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
7. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were unreliable.
(b) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(c) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
(d) Their fathers were drunkards.
8. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) Hamper gave it to him.
(b) To numb the monotony of his job.
(c) He was addicted.
(d) To stop caring about his life.
9. Why did GM not hire Hamper when he wanted to apply?
(a) During the recession, the factory wasn't hiring.
(b) They did not want to hire any more Hampers.
(c) He had to be twenty-one to work there.
(d) He did not have good job references.
10. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
11. How many siblings did Joanie have?
12. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
(a) Left in silence.
(b) Cursed the men who had arrived on time.
(c) Yelled at the supervisor.
13. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
14. Where did Lightnin' sleep during every work shift?
(a) Lying on a cafeteria bench.
(b) Sitting in the stairwell by the locker room.
(c) Leaning against the wall in the men's bathroom.
(d) Lying in a box by the Finishing Line.
15. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He hit a parked car.
(b) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(c) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
(d) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Hamper get after he quit painting?
2. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
3. What was the name of Hamper's first supervisor?
4. How did management generally run the factory?
5. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)