Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
(a) Six months.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Ninety days.
(d) Seven days.
2. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
3. What was Hamper's first impression of the crew of men he was called in with the first day?
(a) They were lazy men.
(b) They were sluggish, unskilled men.
(c) They were thrilled to be there for a job.
(d) They were high school drop-outs.
4. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
(a) Factory worker.
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Airline pilot.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Four, when Hamper and Bob-A-Lou went to the "State of the Factory" address, what were they given?
(a) Jelly doughnuts.
(b) Certificates of appreciation.
(c) Chips and beer.
(d) Pretzels and cold soda.
6. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
(a) They would feed his siblings and do homework.
(b) They would ignore his siblings and make love in the living room.
(c) They would feed his siblings and drop acid.
(d) They would feed his siblings and make love in the living room.
7. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
8. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) Her siblings were well-behaved.
(b) Her mother cooked great food.
(c) She had no siblings.
(d) Her father was friendly and fair.
9. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
(a) Their favorites were the obviously talented kids.
(b) They cared less about the children of factory workers.
(c) They knew the school would produce many underachievers in exchange for a couple brilliant students.
(d) They were too old to care about much.
10. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
(a) The counselor could not find a suitable job for him.
(b) The counselor could only recommend blue-collar jobs.
(c) Hamper was too stoned to go.
(d) Hamper hated all the job choices that the counselor presented.
11. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
(a) Classic rock.
(c) Top 40's.
12. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
(a) He had plenty of time to study while babysitting his younger siblings.
(b) He decided he never wanted to work in a factory.
(c) He was still motivated from his freshman year.
(d) His father was intimidating him into getting good grades.
13. What did Roy eventually do to his pet mouse?
(a) Incinerated it with the welder's torch.
(b) Stepped on it.
(c) Trapped it in the wheel well he was constructing.
(d) Set it free from the cardboard box.
14. What year did Hamper begin working at GM?
15. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
(a) Education was important to him.
(b) He wanted his son to avoid the life of a factory worker.
(c) He cared about achieving more and looking better than the neighbors.
(d) He wanted his wife to be proud of all their kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings did Joanie have?
2. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
3. Inside the auto factory, why was the Cab Shop nicknamed the Jungle?
4. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
5. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)