|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) Ninety days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Six months.
2. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
(a) Turned everything purple.
(b) Gave him a bad attitude.
(c) Made him happy.
(d) Destroyed reality.
3. What was Glen's dream job?
(a) Being a rock'n'roll legend.
(b) Painting apartments.
(c) Working at the GM factory.
(d) Owning his own restaurant.
4. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) Her mother cooked great food.
(b) Her father was friendly and fair.
(c) She had no siblings.
(d) Her siblings were well-behaved.
5. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
(b) Their fathers were unreliable.
(c) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(d) Their fathers were drunkards.
6. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) He was addicted.
(b) To stop caring about his life.
(c) Hamper gave it to him.
(d) To numb the monotony of his job.
7. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
(b) Rear wheel wells.
(c) Dashboard interiors.
8. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
(a) Science and History.
(b) Music and Math.
(c) Religion and Science.
(d) Music and Gym.
9. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
10. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
(a) He had trouble holding down a job.
(b) He was punctual for work and barely drank.
(c) He was punctual to work and drunk all weekend.
(d) He was late for work and constantly drunk.
11. What was Roy's plan for his job?
(a) Work just enough to keep his job.
(b) Work hard and move into management.
(c) Work ninety days and then get workman's compensation.
(d) Work for thirty years so he could have a good retirement plan.
12. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
(a) He had plenty of time to study while babysitting his younger siblings.
(b) He was still motivated from his freshman year.
(c) His father was intimidating him into getting good grades.
(d) He decided he never wanted to work in a factory.
13. Who did Denny and Hamper listen to during their one elusively magical lunch break (pg 58)?
(a) Sister Edward Irene.
(b) The Eagles.
(c) Lesley Gore.
(d) Lynyrd Skynyrd.
14. What machine did Hamper operate in the Cab Shop?
(a) A spot-welder.
(b) A sealer.
(c) A mig-welder.
(d) A hammer.
15. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In a drafty shed.
(c) In his kitchen.
(d) In his girlfriend's living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
2. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
3. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
4. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
5. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)