|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Factory worker.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Airline pilot.
2. After four months on the Rivet Line, how did Hamper feel?
(a) That he would go crazy if he didn't escape.
(b) That he deserved to move to a better job within the company.
(c) That he had fulfilled his destiny in life.
(d) That he was getting bored.
3. What was Hamper's advice for working thirty years in the factory?
(a) Try beat the clock.
(b) Drink enough that you stop caring.
(c) Set personal goals and try move into management.
(d) Stop thinking.
4. To what does Hamper compare his factory job?
(a) Getting paid to make future rust buckets.
(b) Getting paid to flunk high school.
(c) Living the mental equivalent of a frog's life.
(d) Living the life of tedium mixed with drunkenness.
5. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
(a) Five years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hamper familiar with Michael Moore?
2. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, why did Moore not want to move to San Francisco?
4. As told in Chapter Four, how much money did Hamper make while working at the factory?
5. What did Howie do when he began touring the factory again?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)