|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
(a) His dad didn't hold down a job very long.
(b) His mom preferred to work as stay home.
(c) His dad was frequently in jail.
(d) His mom had better job skills than his dad did.
2. What was the supervisor's reaction when Hamper and Paul doubled up their jobs?
(a) He just didn't want to know where they went.
(b) He told them to stop doubling up or he'd move one of them off the Rivet Line.
(c) He did not know they left.
(d) He didn't care as long as the work was getting done.
3. How much money would Hamper make writing articles for Mother Jones?
(a) $2 per word.
(b) $100 per article.
(c) $850 per article.
(d) $4000 per year.
4. How did Hamper's supervisor feel when he needed to leave work early because of his breakdown?
(a) Hamper was too stressed to notice the supervisor's response.
(b) The supervisor said he didn't believe Hamper.
(c) The supervisor was highly concerned.
(d) The supervisor was angry at being shorthanded.
5. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
2. At the factory, when was the most popular time to drink?
3. To what does Hamper compare his factory job?
4. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
5. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)