|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(b) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
(c) Making rookies do all his work for him.
(d) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
2. What was Hamper's favorite way to pass time at work?
(a) Chain-smoke Chestertons and get drunk.
(b) Laugh at Hank's obvious personality swings.
(c) Play pranks on the men around him.
(d) Pretend his job was an Olympic event.
3. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
(a) Stay in their tasks for thirty years.
(b) Get injured and earn disability pay most of their lives.
(c) Gradually move into a less demanding assembly line.
(d) Move up into management.
4. When was Hamper asked for an autograph by an ambitious husband?
(a) When he was hitting rivets during his last shif.
(b) As he was getting into his car to leave the factory.
(c) As he was driving to his mental health group.
(d) When he was leaving the factory for the last time.
5. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Thirty days.
(c) Ninety days.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, primarily, did GM management not crack down on the employees' drinking during work?
2. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
3. At the beginning of the Epilogue, what sport was Hamper playing?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 10, why did Moore not want to move to San Francisco?
5. What happened when Hamper wanted to get out of his move to Pontiac
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)