|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) To stop caring about his life.
(b) He was addicted.
(c) Hamper gave it to him.
(d) To numb the monotony of his job.
2. How did Hamper prepare for his interview for the Mother Jones cover story?
(a) Got a haircut and shave at a barbershop.
(b) Stayed up all night and got drunk.
(c) Reviewed the articles he had written in the past year.
(d) Ate a big dinner and slept eight hours.
3. What did Hamper call his "real attraction to David Steel" (pg 98)?
(a) Both men loved classic rock.
(b) Dave was more cynical and gloomy than he was.
(c) Both men felt they were destined to be shoprats.
(d) Dave was always cracking jokes.
4. What was the subject matter of Dave and Hamper's "shopera" (pg 195)
(a) Their lives outside the factory walls.
(b) The imagined lives of their supervisors.
(c) A shop-rat's life.
(d) Assembly line labor.
5. At work, what did Dan-O like to do?
(a) Drink beer.
(d) Play practical jokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hamper experience his last breakdown?
2. Why, primarily, did GM management not crack down on the employees' drinking during work?
3. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
4. Who was the first person to call Hamper after The Wall Street Journal article was printed?
5. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)