|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
(a) They would feed his siblings and do homework.
(b) They would ignore his siblings and make love in the living room.
(c) They would feed his siblings and drop acid.
(d) They would feed his siblings and make love in the living room.
2. Why did Hamper begin writing?
(a) He was hoping to move out of the factory into publishing.
(b) He wanted to tell his story.
(c) His sister thought he would have a lot of success as a writer.
(d) He was unemployed again and bored.
3. According to Hamper in Chapter 10, why did GM not allow the NBC film crew into the factory?
(a) GM did not trust anything Hamper wanted to do.
(b) GM had strict publicity rules.
(c) GM believed any creativity came from a flawed mind.
(d) Hamper had already used his favors to get The Wall Street Journal writer in.
4. What did Hamper do during his vacation?
(a) Went to Chicago because he'd never been there before.
(b) Went to San Francisco to visit Moore.
(c) Promoted his cover story for Mother Jones.
(d) Slept in and drank beer.
5. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He was not strong enough.
(b) He could not figure out the progression.
(c) He was too short.
(d) He thought he should not work first shift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Moore fired from Mother Jones?
2. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
3. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
4. What was Dave's attitude toward humanity?
5. Why did absenteeism increase greatly on Fridays?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)