|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
(a) He had an on-going feud with an African-American man at work.
(b) He wanted to raise his children to be white supremacists.
(c) He wanted to deflect his guilt onto someone else.
(d) He was genuinely racist.
2. What was the plot line of the movie Dave and Hamper planned to film?
(a) The factory as it would stand in one hundred years.
(b) A day in the life of a shop-rat.
(c) The deaths of several supervisors.
(d) The history of the car assembly line.
3. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
(a) To become a sensational radio personality.
(b) Not to work at GM or become a drunkard.
(c) To drink and sleep with lots of girls.
(d) To work at GM like his ancestors.
4. What did Howie do when he began touring the factory again?
(a) Became the butt of everyone's jokes.
(b) Walked slowly and did not interact with the employees.
(c) Bounded around to check the quality of people's work.
(d) Inspired confidence like he had done before.
5. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
(a) An attraction to girls.
(b) His dream of becoming an ambulance driver.
(c) A desire not to disappoint his mother.
(d) A desire to get out of Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
2. Why did Polson, another shop-rat, become angry at Hamper?
3. As Hamper discovered late one morning, approximately how many employees did GM plan to lay off?
4. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
5. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)