|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lightnin' sleep during every work shift?
(a) Leaning against the wall in the men's bathroom.
(b) Lying on a cafeteria bench.
(c) Sitting in the stairwell by the locker room.
(d) Lying in a box by the Finishing Line.
2. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what religiously-loaded term did Hamper use to describe Flint?
(a) The Automotive Temple.
(b) God's Factory.
(c) Hitching-post Heaven.
(d) Greaseball Mecca.
3. What was Dave's attitude toward humanity?
(a) He disliked everyone, often including Hamper.
(b) He liked people only if they benefited him directly.
(c) He ignored people.
(d) He was sociable and outgoing.
4. Oftentimes, when was a woman placed on the assembly line?
(a) When the work was easy.
(b) When the previous two workers had been seen doubling up their tasks.
(c) Whenever she wanted because there was no gender difference.
(d) When management had no one else to do the job.
5. Who did Bob-A-Lou marry?
(a) A woman who worked in the Finishing Line at GM.
(b) The cafeteria cashier.
(c) Hamper's cousin.
(d) A woman in the Philippines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
2. What was Hamper's favorite way to pass time at work?
3. Why did Jack take a sledgehammer to the cigarette machine?
4. What was the most unusual thing about Bob-A-Lou?
5. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)