|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
(a) He'd known since tenth grade that he would work there.
(b) He had bigger dreams than the factory.
(c) He wanted to spite Joanie by staying lazy and poor.
(d) He didn't want to do anything the way his father had.
2. Why did GM not hire Hamper when he wanted to apply?
(a) They did not want to hire any more Hampers.
(b) During the recession, the factory wasn't hiring.
(c) He did not have good job references.
(d) He had to be twenty-one to work there.
3. Why, primarily, did GM management not crack down on the employees' drinking during work?
(a) Management drank as much at work as the shop-rats did.
(b) Management did not realize the employees were drinking at work.
(c) It was too much work to police every employee.
(d) As long as production continued, they didn't care.
4. What did Roy eventually do to his pet mouse?
(a) Incinerated it with the welder's torch.
(b) Stepped on it.
(c) Trapped it in the wheel well he was constructing.
(d) Set it free from the cardboard box.
5. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
2. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
3. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
4. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
5. What machine did Hamper operate in the Cab Shop?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)