|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamper was a child, why were his friends amused by his dad?
(a) Because his dad loved to entertain kids.
(b) Because their dads were sober and hard-working.
(c) Because his dad always gave them an allowance too.
(d) Because his dad told good stories.
2. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
(a) He wanted to deflect his guilt onto someone else.
(b) He was genuinely racist.
(c) He wanted to raise his children to be white supremacists.
(d) He had an on-going feud with an African-American man at work.
3. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
(b) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
(c) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(d) Making rookies do all his work for him.
4. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
(a) A desire not to disappoint his mother.
(b) His dream of becoming an ambulance driver.
(c) An attraction to girls.
(d) A desire to get out of Flint.
5. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
(a) Music and Math.
(b) Science and History.
(c) Music and Gym.
(d) Religion and Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
2. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
3. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
4. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
5. When did Hamper's great-grandfather begin working in the car factory?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)