|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
(a) To drink and sleep with lots of girls.
(b) To become a sensational radio personality.
(c) Not to work at GM or become a drunkard.
(d) To work at GM like his ancestors.
2. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Factory worker.
(c) Ambulance driver.
(d) Airline pilot.
3. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) To stop caring about his life.
(b) Hamper gave it to him.
(c) To numb the monotony of his job.
(d) He was addicted.
4. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were middle-class.
(b) Most of the kids were not religious.
(c) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
(d) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what reason did Hamper give that Joanie was unhappy in their marriage?
(a) She wanted a different job.
(b) They lived in a bad neighborhood and Hamper did not care.
(c) They were not going anywhere in life.
(d) She wanted more children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Hamper imagined his father's work before he saw it?
2. What was Glen's dream job?
3. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
4. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what religiously-loaded term did Hamper use to describe Flint?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)