|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
(a) He wanted to raise his children to be white supremacists.
(b) He wanted to deflect his guilt onto someone else.
(c) He was genuinely racist.
(d) He had an on-going feud with an African-American man at work.
2. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) They were in identical situations.
(b) Their wives had been friends for several months.
(c) Glen lived in the building.
(d) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
3. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
(a) Holy Redeemer High School.
(b) Luke Powers High School.
(c) St. Michael High School.
(d) St. Agnes High School.
4. What did Hamper hate more than anything?
(a) General Motors itself.
(b) Having to work the swing shift.
(c) Not getting paid enough.
(d) The minute hand on the clock.
5. What did Hamper do when people criticized him for drinking on the job?
(a) He laughed and ignored them.
(b) He thought they were hypocrites.
(c) He was quick to defend himself.
(d) He was hurt because what they said was true.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
2. When Hamper moved into his mother's basement, what did he think would save his marriage to Joanie?
3. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
4. How much money did Hamper make painting apartments?
5. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)