|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Three, what reason did Hamper give that Joanie was unhappy in their marriage?
(a) They were not going anywhere in life.
(b) She wanted a different job.
(c) They lived in a bad neighborhood and Hamper did not care.
(d) She wanted more children.
2. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
(a) He didn't want to do anything the way his father had.
(b) He wanted to spite Joanie by staying lazy and poor.
(c) He had bigger dreams than the factory.
(d) He'd known since tenth grade that he would work there.
3. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
(a) It's the music their fathers always listened to.
(b) It's redundant and predictable like their work.
(c) It's the only station their radio can pick up.
(d) It's the music they grew up with.
4. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) In his girlfriend's living room.
(c) In a drafty shed.
(d) In a bar.
5. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(b) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(c) That he was headed for Indiana.
(d) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
2. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
3. When Hamper moved into his mother's basement, what did he think would save his marriage to Joanie?
4. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
5. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)