|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
2. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
(a) Hamper hated all the job choices that the counselor presented.
(b) Hamper was too stoned to go.
(c) The counselor could not find a suitable job for him.
(d) The counselor could only recommend blue-collar jobs.
3. What was the name of Hamper's first supervisor?
4. Why did Hamper grow up in a neighborhood of houses that all look alike?
(a) The neighborhood was built simply to house new factory employees.
(b) All Flint residential neighborhoods look the same.
(c) The neighborhood architect didn't have a good imagination.
(d) The houses were built during a recession when buyers did not have much money.
5. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
(a) Education was important to him.
(b) He wanted his wife to be proud of all their kids.
(c) He cared about achieving more and looking better than the neighbors.
(d) He wanted his son to avoid the life of a factory worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
2. What did Franklin write on napkins and bits of paper?
3. What was Roy's plan for his job?
4. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
5. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)