|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
(b) Top 40's.
(c) Classic rock.
2. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Making rookies do all his work for him.
(b) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(c) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
(d) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
3. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) She had no siblings.
(b) Her mother cooked great food.
(c) Her father was friendly and fair.
(d) Her siblings were well-behaved.
4. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
(a) They were finally eighteen and able to make their own decisions.
(b) Abortion and adoption were unheard-of in their religious circle.
(c) Hamper wanted to escape his mother's home.
(d) They loved each other.
5. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
(a) "Thoughts of the Crocodile."
(b) "Intestines of a Balloon."
(c) "Under the Table."
(d) "Hammered After Four."
Short Answer Questions
1. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
2. What did Hamper do when people criticized him for drinking on the job?
3. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
4. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
5. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)