|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
2. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
(a) So he could go to Catholic school and get a good education.
(b) His parents were devout Catholics.
(c) So he would be guaranteed a place in heaven.
(d) His mother was very traditional.
3. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(b) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
(c) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(d) That he was headed for Indiana.
4. Why did Hamper's parents fight?
(a) His dad drank a lot and became violent.
(b) His dad was frequently unfaithful to his mother.
(c) His mom was tired of working and raising kids.
(d) His dad was frequently absent.
5. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
2. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
3. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
4. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
5. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)