|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
(a) Construction worker.
(b) Ambulance driver.
(c) Factory worker.
(d) Airline pilot.
2. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
(a) St. Agnes High School.
(b) Luke Powers High School.
(c) St. Michael High School.
(d) Holy Redeemer High School.
3. What did Hamper's mom hope he'd do once he finished high school?
(a) Go to seminary.
(b) Work at GM.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Go to business school.
4. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
(a) His mother was very traditional.
(b) His parents were devout Catholics.
(c) So he would be guaranteed a place in heaven.
(d) So he could go to Catholic school and get a good education.
5. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) Glen lived in the building.
(b) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
(c) Their wives had been friends for several months.
(d) They were in identical situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
2. When did Hamper's great-grandfather begin working in the car factory?
3. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
4. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
5. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)