|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(b) He hit a parked car.
(c) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
(d) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
2. What did Hamper discover when he began to write poetry?
(a) The teachers liked him better.
(b) He could escape the monotony of life.
(c) He got better grade.
(d) Girls liked him.
3. When Hamper was a child, why were his friends amused by his dad?
(a) Because his dad always gave them an allowance too.
(b) Because his dad loved to entertain kids.
(c) Because their dads were sober and hard-working.
(d) Because his dad told good stories.
4. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
(b) By plugging into a factory outlet.
(c) With 9-volt batteries.
(d) With a car battery.
5. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
(a) He was punctual to work and drunk all weekend.
(b) He had trouble holding down a job.
(c) He was punctual for work and barely drank.
(d) He was late for work and constantly drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
2. What did Hamper's mom hope he'd do once he finished high school?
3. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
4. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
5. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)