|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
(b) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
(c) He turned in a written apology.
(d) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
2. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
(a) Gave him a bad attitude.
(b) Made him happy.
(c) Destroyed reality.
(d) Turned everything purple.
3. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were not religious.
(b) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
(c) Most of the kids were middle-class.
(d) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
4. When Hamper was a child, why were his friends amused by his dad?
(a) Because his dad loved to entertain kids.
(b) Because his dad told good stories.
(c) Because their dads were sober and hard-working.
(d) Because his dad always gave them an allowance too.
5. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
(a) By taking drugs.
(b) By spending time.
(c) By going to concerts.
(d) By failing history.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what religiously-loaded term did Hamper use to describe Flint?
2. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
3. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
4. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
5. What did Hamper discover when he began to write poetry?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)