|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
(a) Luke Powers High School.
(b) St. Agnes High School.
(c) St. Michael High School.
(d) Holy Redeemer High School.
2. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
(a) It's the music they grew up with.
(b) It's redundant and predictable like their work.
(c) It's the only station their radio can pick up.
(d) It's the music their fathers always listened to.
3. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) She had no siblings.
(b) Her mother cooked great food.
(c) Her siblings were well-behaved.
(d) Her father was friendly and fair.
4. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
(a) Ambulance driver.
(b) Construction worker.
(c) Factory worker.
(d) Airline pilot.
5. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
2. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
3. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
4. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
5. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)