|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
(a) To drink and sleep with lots of girls.
(b) To become a sensational radio personality.
(c) Not to work at GM or become a drunkard.
(d) To work at GM like his ancestors.
2. Why did Hamper's parents fight?
(a) His mom was tired of working and raising kids.
(b) His dad was frequently unfaithful to his mother.
(c) His dad drank a lot and became violent.
(d) His dad was frequently absent.
3. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
(b) With 9-volt batteries.
(c) With a car battery.
(d) By plugging into a factory outlet.
4. When Hamper was a child, why were his friends amused by his dad?
(a) Because his dad told good stories.
(b) Because his dad always gave them an allowance too.
(c) Because their dads were sober and hard-working.
(d) Because his dad loved to entertain kids.
5. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
(a) He was still motivated from his freshman year.
(b) He had plenty of time to study while babysitting his younger siblings.
(c) His father was intimidating him into getting good grades.
(d) He decided he never wanted to work in a factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
2. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
3. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
4. Why did Hamper grow up in a neighborhood of houses that all look alike?
5. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)