|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
(a) Hamper was too stoned to go.
(b) Hamper hated all the job choices that the counselor presented.
(c) The counselor could not find a suitable job for him.
(d) The counselor could only recommend blue-collar jobs.
2. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
(a) "Thoughts of the Crocodile."
(b) "Intestines of a Balloon."
(c) "Hammered After Four."
(d) "Under the Table."
3. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) Her siblings were well-behaved.
(b) Her father was friendly and fair.
(c) She had no siblings.
(d) Her mother cooked great food.
4. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
5. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) They were in identical situations.
(b) Their wives had been friends for several months.
(c) Glen lived in the building.
(d) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
2. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
3. Why did Hamper's parents fight?
4. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
5. What did Hamper discover when he began to write poetry?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)