|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
(a) His dad didn't hold down a job very long.
(b) His dad was frequently in jail.
(c) His mom preferred to work as stay home.
(d) His mom had better job skills than his dad did.
2. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
(a) Science and History.
(b) Music and Math.
(c) Religion and Science.
(d) Music and Gym.
3. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) Her father was friendly and fair.
(b) Her siblings were well-behaved.
(c) She had no siblings.
(d) Her mother cooked great food.
4. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
(a) They knew the school would produce many underachievers in exchange for a couple brilliant students.
(b) Their favorites were the obviously talented kids.
(c) They were too old to care about much.
(d) They cared less about the children of factory workers.
5. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
(a) They would ignore his siblings and make love in the living room.
(b) They would feed his siblings and drop acid.
(c) They would feed his siblings and make love in the living room.
(d) They would feed his siblings and do homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
2. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
3. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
4. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
5. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)