|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(b) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(c) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
(d) That he was headed for Indiana.
2. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
(b) He turned in a written apology.
(c) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
(d) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
3. What did Hamper discover when he began to write poetry?
(a) The teachers liked him better.
(b) Girls liked him.
(c) He got better grade.
(d) He could escape the monotony of life.
4. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
(a) An attraction to girls.
(b) A desire to get out of Flint.
(c) His dream of becoming an ambulance driver.
(d) A desire not to disappoint his mother.
5. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were not religious.
(b) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
(c) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
(d) Most of the kids were middle-class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamper and Joanie name their baby daughter?
2. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
3. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
4. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
5. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)