|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
(a) He wanted his wife to be proud of all their kids.
(b) He wanted his son to avoid the life of a factory worker.
(c) He cared about achieving more and looking better than the neighbors.
(d) Education was important to him.
2. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(b) He hit a parked car.
(c) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
(d) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
3. How had Hamper imagined his father's work before he saw it?
(a) There weren't any loud machines.
(b) Half the employees were women.
(c) His dad built each car from a kit.
(d) The workplace was cleaner.
4. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
(a) Top 40's.
(c) Classic rock.
5. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
2. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
3. What did Hamper's mom hope he'd do once he finished high school?
4. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
5. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)