|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
(a) The counselor could not find a suitable job for him.
(b) The counselor could only recommend blue-collar jobs.
(c) Hamper hated all the job choices that the counselor presented.
(d) Hamper was too stoned to go.
2. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were drunkards.
(b) Their fathers were unreliable.
(c) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(d) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
3. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
4. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
(a) St. Agnes High School.
(b) St. Michael High School.
(c) Holy Redeemer High School.
(d) Luke Powers High School.
5. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(b) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(c) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(d) He was too scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did management generally run the factory?
2. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
3. Approximately how long was Hamper's father gone?
4. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
5. What was the routine when Joanie visited Hamper's house?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)