|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(b) He was too scared.
(c) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
(d) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
2. Why did Hamper make the honor roll his sophomore year of high school?
(a) He had plenty of time to study while babysitting his younger siblings.
(b) He decided he never wanted to work in a factory.
(c) His father was intimidating him into getting good grades.
(d) He was still motivated from his freshman year.
3. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) He turned in a written apology.
(b) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
(c) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
(d) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
4. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
(a) It's the music their fathers always listened to.
(b) It's the only station their radio can pick up.
(c) It's the music they grew up with.
(d) It's redundant and predictable like their work.
5. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
(a) Their favorites were the obviously talented kids.
(b) They were too old to care about much.
(c) They knew the school would produce many underachievers in exchange for a couple brilliant students.
(d) They cared less about the children of factory workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Hamper make painting apartments?
2. What was Glen's dream job?
3. What happened when Hamper was called in to see the guidance counselor at school?
4. What did Hamper discover when he began to write poetry?
5. Why did Hamper's dad yell at him for his bad grades?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)