|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue, chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hamper's mom hope he'd do once he finished high school?
(a) Go to business school.
(b) Work at GM.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Go to seminary.
2. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
(a) He was often on acid and just laughed at his dad.
(b) He was too scared.
(c) His mom was always there to make sure they did not hit each other.
(d) He tried but his dad beat him up instead.
3. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) They were in identical situations.
(b) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
(c) Glen lived in the building.
(d) Their wives had been friends for several months.
4. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
(a) His mom had better job skills than his dad did.
(b) His dad didn't hold down a job very long.
(c) His dad was frequently in jail.
(d) His mom preferred to work as stay home.
5. Approximately how long was Hamper's father gone?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eighteen months.
(c) One month.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the job Hamper first wanted to have?
2. Why did Joanie and Hamper get married when she became pregnant?
3. How did management generally run the factory?
4. How did Hamper and Joanie overcome their initial shyness toward each other?
5. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)