|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper's parents fight?
(a) His dad drank a lot and became violent.
(b) His dad was frequently unfaithful to his mother.
(c) His mom was tired of working and raising kids.
(d) His dad was frequently absent.
2. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
(a) When the applicant didn't look healthy.
(b) When the application had been processed.
(c) When they planned to put him to work immediately.
(d) When the applicant's background check showed drug involvement.
3. How did management generally run the factory?
(a) Every rule must be followed completely.
(b) Any employee who's a favorite can do whatever he wants.
(c) Hear no evil, see no evil.
(d) Follow the letter of the law but not necessarily the spirit.
4. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
(a) He wanted to spite Joanie by staying lazy and poor.
(b) He didn't want to do anything the way his father had.
(c) He'd known since tenth grade that he would work there.
(d) He had bigger dreams than the factory.
5. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
(b) He turned in a written apology.
(c) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
(d) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
2. What did Howie do when he began touring the factory again?
3. How much money did Hamper make painting apartments?
4. Why did Hamper not want to write about being a shop-rat, in an article for the Flint Voice?
5. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)