|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In pretending that he's competing in the Olympics, who are his opponents?
2. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
(a) They wanted to break up their system.
(b) They wanted to test the men's speed.
(c) They wanted to make an example of the men.
(d) They thought the men could handle another task.
3. When Hamper had to go into corporate offices to request Alex's visitor pass, why was he nervous?
(a) He was never sure how to act.
(b) The offices felt like tombs.
(c) He thought the businessmen would look down on him.
(d) The buildings were too fancy.
4. Why did Polson, another shop-rat, become angry at Hamper?
(a) Hamper had written an angry article about the Rivet Line.
(b) Polson could not stand Hamper's pranks at work.
(c) Hamper was trying to get a manager position over Polson.
(d) Hamper had written a disparaging article about deer hunting.
5. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
(a) Not to work at GM or become a drunkard.
(b) To drink and sleep with lots of girls.
(c) To work at GM like his ancestors.
(d) To become a sensational radio personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Dale hold during the first part of his day?
2. Why was Hamper given a $2,700 check?
3. Why was the Good Times Lounge lawsuit dropped?
4. What was the name of the new school that combined all local Catholic high schools?
5. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)