|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Hamper, why did the nuns not care that he was a poor student?
(a) They cared less about the children of factory workers.
(b) Their favorites were the obviously talented kids.
(c) They were too old to care about much.
(d) They knew the school would produce many underachievers in exchange for a couple brilliant students.
2. What was Hamper's favorite way to pass time at work?
(a) Laugh at Hank's obvious personality swings.
(b) Chain-smoke Chestertons and get drunk.
(c) Play pranks on the men around him.
(d) Pretend his job was an Olympic event.
3. What did Hamper do during his vacation?
(a) Promoted his cover story for Mother Jones.
(b) Slept in and drank beer.
(c) Went to San Francisco to visit Moore.
(d) Went to Chicago because he'd never been there before.
4. What victory did Hamper enjoy, though the Olympic gold medal wasn't real?
(a) The clock hand moved a couple more minutes.
(b) He had beaten a personal record for one truck.
(c) He was the fastest worker on the Rivet Line.
(d) He was working ahead so that he could take a break.
5. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
(a) Pervert and saint.
(b) Drunkard and teetotaler.
(c) Quiet employee and bossy supervisor.
(d) Hard worker and slacker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Howie do when he began touring the factory again?
2. Why did Hamper want to wear the Howie costume head?
3. What was the trickiest part of doubling-up, as Hamper and Dale did?
4. Why did Hamper hate the new supervisor, Calvin Moza?
5. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)