|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hamper want to avoid his grandfather at the family reunion?
(a) His grandfather never worked as a shoprat so he can't understand Hamper's life.
(b) His grandfather thinks he's his son rather than his grandson.
(c) His grandfather would rail him about unemployment benefits.
(d) His grandfather thinks he needs to get another job.
2. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
(a) The windshield.
(b) The dash wires.
(c) The wheel rivets.
(d) The bumper.
3. Inside the auto factory, why was the Cab Shop nicknamed the Jungle?
(a) There were lots of hanging ropes and cables.
(b) There were lots of bugs.
(c) It was impossible to escape from the place.
(d) It was as hot as the equator.
4. What did Hamper hate more than anything?
(a) Not getting paid enough.
(b) General Motors itself.
(c) Having to work the swing shift.
(d) The minute hand on the clock.
5. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By plugging into a factory outlet.
(b) With a car battery.
(c) With 9-volt batteries.
(d) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was Hamper finally called in to work at the car factory?
2. How did Hamper's maternal grandfather live?
3. According to Hamper in Chapter 10, why did GM not allow the NBC film crew into the factory?
4. When did Hamper's first breakdown occur?
5. Why did Hamper take a long time learning his job on the Rivet Line?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)