|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 9-10, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
(a) He wanted to spite Joanie by staying lazy and poor.
(b) He didn't want to do anything the way his father had.
(c) He'd known since tenth grade that he would work there.
(d) He had bigger dreams than the factory.
2. According to Hamper, what percentage of Flint was linked to the auto factories?
3. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
(a) Dashboard interiors.
(c) Rear wheel wells.
4. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
(a) Gave him a bad attitude.
(b) Turned everything purple.
(c) Made him happy.
(d) Destroyed reality.
5. Why was Moore fired from Mother Jones?
(a) He was in Flint more than in San Francisco.
(b) He constantly clashed with the managing editor.
(c) He brought poor writers into the magazine.
(d) He refused to curb his sharp tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What victory did Hamper enjoy, though the Olympic gold medal wasn't real?
2. Oftentimes, when was a woman placed on the assembly line?
3. What did Hamper remember about his interview for the Mother Jones cover story?
4. How long was Hamper given to learn his job?
5. What was the primary reason that Henry Jackson, the supervisor, hated Dave?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)