|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did GM not hire Hamper when he wanted to apply?
(a) They did not want to hire any more Hampers.
(b) He did not have good job references.
(c) He had to be twenty-one to work there.
(d) During the recession, the factory wasn't hiring.
2. Why did absenteeism increase greatly on Fridays?
(a) Thursday was pay-day.
(b) The work shift was longer on Friday.
(c) The work shift was shorter on Friday.
(d) The bosses were even crabbier because they did not want to be there.
3. When did GM schedule an applicant for a physical?
(a) When the applicant's background check showed drug involvement.
(b) When the application had been processed.
(c) When they planned to put him to work immediately.
(d) When the applicant didn't look healthy.
4. How long was Hamper given to learn his job?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two day.
5. What happened one day when Hamper left journalism class on drugs?
(a) He could not figure out how to turn the car on.
(b) He hit a parked car.
(c) He drove the wrong car out of the parking lot.
(d) He hit a tuba player in the marching band.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Hamper imagined his father's work before he saw it?
2. What did Franklin write on napkins and bits of paper?
3. Why did the supervisors add another task to Hamper and Dale's job?
4. In the summer and fall of 1977, how many hours a day did Hamper work?
5. Why was Hamper raised as a Catholic?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)