|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamper's dad left, what was the only information his family had?
(a) That he took the last can of beer with him.
(b) That he was headed for Indiana.
(c) That he planned to be back before Christmas.
(d) That he was somewhere in southern Florida with a bartender.
2. What was Glen's dream job?
(a) Owning his own restaurant.
(b) Working at the GM factory.
(c) Painting apartments.
(d) Being a rock'n'roll legend.
3. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(b) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
(c) Making rookies do all his work for him.
(d) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
4. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) In a drafty shed.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In his girlfriend's living room.
5. What was Roy's plan for his job?
(a) Work ninety days and then get workman's compensation.
(b) Work for thirty years so he could have a good retirement plan.
(c) Work just enough to keep his job.
(d) Work hard and move into management.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
2. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
3. What two classes did Hamper pass in junior high?
4. How much money did Hamper make painting apartments?
5. Why was Hamper's mom the primary breadwinner in the family?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)