|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Hamper work before being laid off for the first time?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
2. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(b) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
(c) Their fathers were drunkards.
(d) Their fathers were unreliable.
3. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Eight hours.
4. Why, primarily, did GM management not crack down on the employees' drinking during work?
(a) Management drank as much at work as the shop-rats did.
(b) Management did not realize the employees were drinking at work.
(c) It was too much work to police every employee.
(d) As long as production continued, they didn't care.
5. During his first stint at GM, what part of the cars did Hamper work on?
(c) Rear wheel wells.
(d) Dashboard interiors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
2. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
3. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
4. What was the name of Hamper's first supervisor?
5. During the pre-work physical, what did Hamper do against his better judgment?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)