|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tattoo did Doug, the steering gear man, have on his arm?
(a) His wife's name in blue ink.
(b) A rodent with the word "shop-rat" above it.
(c) A half-naked girl.
(d) The date he began working at GM in 1976.
2. Why was the Good Times Lounge lawsuit dropped?
(a) Moore negotiated an out-of-court settlement.
(b) The judge threatened to throw out the case.
(c) The owner moved to Alaska.
(d) The owner realized he could not win the case.
3. When a would-be employee arrived late and was rejected, what did he do?
(a) Left in silence.
(b) Yelled at the supervisor.
(c) Cursed the men who had arrived on time.
4. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were drunkards.
(b) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
(c) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(d) Their fathers were unreliable.
5. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He was too short.
(b) He was not strong enough.
(c) He thought he should not work first shift.
(d) He could not figure out the progression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time was required for an employee to secure his job at GM?
2. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
3. What was the most significant thing that acid did for Hamper?
4. Who did Denny and Hamper listen to during their one elusively magical lunch break (pg 58)?
5. During his first day of work, before he learned Roy's name, what nickname did Hamper give him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)