|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As told in Chapter Four, how much money did Hamper make while working at the factory?
(a) $200 a shift.
(b) $12.82 an hour.
(c) $15.33 an hour.
(d) $9.82 an hour.
2. What job did Dale hold during the first part of his day?
(a) Tax accountant.
(b) Pig farmer.
(c) Horse rancher.
(d) Traffic cop.
3. Why did Roy smoke pot during his lunch breaks?
(a) To numb the monotony of his job.
(b) To stop caring about his life.
(c) Hamper gave it to him.
(d) He was addicted.
4. While painting apartments, why did Hamper become friends with Glen?
(a) They were in identical situations.
(b) Their wives had been friends for several months.
(c) Glen lived in the building.
(d) Glen often stopped by to say hi.
5. Why, primarily, did GM management not crack down on the employees' drinking during work?
(a) It was too much work to police every employee.
(b) Management did not realize the employees were drinking at work.
(c) Management drank as much at work as the shop-rats did.
(d) As long as production continued, they didn't care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
2. How had Hamper imagined his father's work before he saw it?
3. Why was Hamper expelled from his Catholic high school?
4. What job did Hamper get after he quit painting?
5. What was Roy's plan for his job?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)