|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He was not strong enough.
(b) He was too short.
(c) He could not figure out the progression.
(d) He thought he should not work first shift.
2. What plans did Hamper and Dale have together for their careers?
(a) Get injured and earn disability pay most of their lives.
(b) Gradually move into a less demanding assembly line.
(c) Move up into management.
(d) Stay in their tasks for thirty years.
3. How did Hamper and Dave Steel initially bond?
(a) They worked next to each other on the assembly line.
(b) Over Hamper's article that rock music was dead.
(c) Hamper invited Dave for a drink.
(d) Hamper asked Dave why he stood up to the supervisor.
4. What victory did Hamper enjoy, though the Olympic gold medal wasn't real?
(a) He was working ahead so that he could take a break.
(b) He had beaten a personal record for one truck.
(c) The clock hand moved a couple more minutes.
(d) He was the fastest worker on the Rivet Line.
5. During his sophomore year of high school, what did Hamper name his rather large collection of poems?
(a) "Hammered After Four."
(b) "Under the Table."
(c) "Intestines of a Balloon."
(d) "Thoughts of the Crocodile."
Short Answer Questions
1. What car part did Hamper's father install at the factory?
2. Why did Hamper's dad often denounce African-Americans?
3. Why did Hamper never beat his dad up when he was being lectured?
4. What job did Dale hold during the first part of his day?
5. When Hamper moved into his mother's basement, what did he think would save his marriage to Joanie?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)