|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary reason that Henry Jackson, the supervisor, hated Dave?
(a) They had been competitive with each other since high school.
(b) Dave was not afraid to stand up to him.
(c) Dave was more intelligent than Henry.
(d) Dave wanted his job.
2. How much sleep did Dale typically get in a night?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Three hours.
3. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
(b) By plugging into a factory outlet.
(c) With a car battery.
(d) With 9-volt batteries.
4. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
5. Why did Hamper sign the transfer paper to move to Pontiac?
(a) The union did not give him any choice.
(b) Otherwise he would have been out of a job within two years.
(c) He thought it would be a good career move.
(d) He would have been fired immediately if he did not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jack take a sledgehammer to the cigarette machine?
2. What was the plot line of the movie Dave and Hamper planned to film?
3. When Hamper moved into his mother's basement, what did he think would save his marriage to Joanie?
4. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
5. What was Hamper's first impression of the crew of men he was called in with the first day?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)