|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What racket did Louie have going at work?
(a) Making rookies do all his work for him.
(b) Secretly selling alcohol down the assembly line.
(c) Getting paid for forty hours when he worked thirty.
(d) Secretly selling cigarettes down the assembly line.
2. At the beginning of Chapter Six, as Hamper explains, what do the rednecks on the Rivet Line collect?
(a) Sick days.
(b) Banana stickers.
(c) Beer caps.
(d) Broken rivet heads.
3. Approximately how long was Hamper unemployed before being called back to work?
(a) Nine months.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
4. What was Hamper's problem with his job on the axle line?
(a) He could not figure out the progression.
(b) He was not strong enough.
(c) He thought he should not work first shift.
(d) He was too short.
5. At the end of Chapter Four, where was Hamper writing the book?
(a) In his kitchen.
(b) In his girlfriend's living room.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a drafty shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what religiously-loaded term did Hamper use to describe Flint?
2. Why was Hamper proud to build a suburban for the celebrity Louise Mandrell?
3. Inside the auto factory, why was the Cab Shop nicknamed the Jungle?
4. What motivated Hamper to make the honor roll during his freshmen year of high school?
5. What tattoo did Doug, the steering gear man, have on his arm?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)