|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Hamper began high school, what was his only plan for his life?
(a) To work at GM like his ancestors.
(b) To drink and sleep with lots of girls.
(c) Not to work at GM or become a drunkard.
(d) To become a sensational radio personality.
2. How many children did Hamper's parents have?
3. Why did Hamper grow up in a neighborhood of houses that all look alike?
(a) The neighborhood was built simply to house new factory employees.
(b) All Flint residential neighborhoods look the same.
(c) The neighborhood architect didn't have a good imagination.
(d) The houses were built during a recession when buyers did not have much money.
4. How was Hamper's new high school significantly different from his old one?
(a) Most of the kids were motivated to get good careers.
(b) Most of the kids were not religious.
(c) Most of the kids were middle-class.
(d) Most of the kids were not middle-class.
5. Why did Hamper like spending time at Joanie's house?
(a) Her siblings were well-behaved.
(b) Her father was friendly and fair.
(c) She had no siblings.
(d) Her mother cooked great food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hamper hate more than anything?
2. Who did Denny and Hamper listen to during their one elusively magical lunch break (pg 58)?
3. What was Glen's dream job?
4. Why did Hamper fight the career trend toward the GM factory?
5. What was Hamper's favorite way to pass time at work?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)