|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
(a) He turned in a written apology.
(b) He promised to provide drugs to the principal.
(c) He promised not to break any more school rules until graduation.
(d) His mother pleaded for the school to take him back.
2. Why did Hamper grow up in a neighborhood of houses that all look alike?
(a) The neighborhood architect didn't have a good imagination.
(b) The neighborhood was built simply to house new factory employees.
(c) All Flint residential neighborhoods look the same.
(d) The houses were built during a recession when buyers did not have much money.
3. What was Hamper and Jerry's scheme for getting extra hours (pg 149)?
(a) They'd volunteer to come early but show up at the last minute.
(b) They'd take turns punching each other back into the clock while the other one took a longer lunch.
(c) They'd clean for fifteen minutes and get paid for two hours.
(d) They'd take a double lunch break.
4. Why did Hamper take a long time learning his job on the Rivet Line?
(a) It was a difficult job.
(b) He was hoping to be transferred somewhere else.
(c) His coworker didn't know how to train him very well.
(d) He was lazy and did not want to learn it.
5. What was Hamper's first impression of the crew of men he was called in with the first day?
(a) They were high school drop-outs.
(b) They were sluggish, unskilled men.
(c) They were lazy men.
(d) They were thrilled to be there for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the goal of rivet hockey?
2. What machine did Hamper operate in the Cab Shop?
3. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
4. As Hamper discovered late one morning, approximately how many employees did GM plan to lay off?
5. What two different personalities did Hank exhibit?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)