|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hamper grow up in a neighborhood of houses that all look alike?
(a) The houses were built during a recession when buyers did not have much money.
(b) The neighborhood architect didn't have a good imagination.
(c) The neighborhood was built simply to house new factory employees.
(d) All Flint residential neighborhoods look the same.
2. What was Roy's plan for his job?
(a) Work for thirty years so he could have a good retirement plan.
(b) Work hard and move into management.
(c) Work ninety days and then get workman's compensation.
(d) Work just enough to keep his job.
3. Approximately how long was Hamper's father gone?
(a) A year.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eighteen months.
4. In the summer and fall of 1977, how many hours a day did Hamper work?
5. Why did Hamper and Mike come to hate their fathers?
(a) Their fathers were shop-rats.
(b) Their fathers were stuck in a rut.
(c) Their fathers were unreliable.
(d) Their fathers were drunkards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Robert often angry when he got his check?
2. What was the name of Hamper's first supervisor?
3. Why did Hamper take a long time learning his job on the Rivet Line?
4. At work, what did Dan-O like to do?
5. Why was Hamper reinstated as a student in the school?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)