Prologue, chapters 1-2
1. What music did Hamper and his coworkers listen to at work?
(a) Classic rock.
(d) Top 40's.
2. How did the assembly-line workers originally run their radio?
(a) By tuning into the factory loudspeaker.
(b) With a car battery.
(c) By plugging into a factory outlet.
(d) With 9-volt batteries.
3. According to Hamper's theory, why did the shop-rats listen to that kind of music?
(a) It's the music they grew up with.
(b) It's the music their fathers always listened to.
(c) It's redundant and predictable like their work.
(d) It's the only station their radio can pick up.
4. How did management generally run the factory?
(a) Any employee who's a favorite can do whatever he wants.
(b) Hear no evil, see no evil.
(c) Every rule must be followed completely.
(d) Follow the letter of the law but not necessarily the spirit.
5. How old was Hamper the first time he went to a car factory?
This section contains 6,103 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)