Prologue, chapters 1-2
* Dead Rock Stars sang every night on the assembly line for Hamper and his coworkers.
* Hamper gave some history about his family who were shop-rats.
* Hamper's father drank too much, could not hold down a job, and did not know how to raise his eight children.
* Hamper's mother was a devout Catholic, so Hamper attended Catholic school.
* School was difficult for Hamper, and he felt destined for the assembly line ever since tenth grade.
* Hamper and his father fought a lot, mostly about his failing grades.
* The necessity of keeping the family together drove Hamper to experimenting with drugs.
* Joanie and Hamper got married, and she gave birth to a daughter.
* Joanie and Hamper separated, and he thought he could win her back by getting a steady job at the GM factory.
* Hamper experienced his first line-call from GM and was assigned to...
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)