|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's fascination with Mahadeo always ______ him.
2. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
3. What does the narrator not believe the river can wash away?
4. Who created all art, in the father's opinion?
5. Where is the elderly woman's daughter taken after she is kidnapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several characters attempt suicide in "A River Sutra". Discuss this compulsion amongst characters.
Part 1) Success and failure.
Part 2) Individual situation and reason.
Part 3) A blanket, overall condition with enlightenment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Narmada river functions as a character in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)