|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Naga Baba finds the jungle _______, but has gotten used to it.
2. What people does Rahul Singh kill?
3. Why would the narrator be able to go find Uma and the Naga Baba?
4. Why does the man decide not to marry the daughter?
5. A man who comes to see the father says he wants to at least be near _______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the story of the Naga Baba offer to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss fact vs. fable in "A River Sutra" and the truth or fiction that can be found in both.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's mental limits: what he understands and what disturbs him. Discuss what we are able to learn about the world in "A River Sutra" through his successes and shortcomings.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)