Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
2. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
3. What is shocking about the woman the narrator helps?
4. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
5. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 2
Why is this narrator an appropriate or inappropriate vehicle for "A River Sutra"? What is Gita Mehta's purpose in using this man? What, larger than his own spiritual journey, is she conveying?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrator's mental limits: what he understands and what disturbs him. Discuss what we are able to learn about the world in "A River Sutra" through his successes and shortcomings.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)