|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds did the father use to teach his daughter music?
2. Why doesn't Tariq Mia think it would be worthwhile to try and find the Naga Baba?
3. The father would only continue to teach his daughter music if she agreed to marry ______.
4. Upon Tariq Mia entering the lesson, the student is ______.
5. When the ugly daughter was a child, she was ______ of her father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
What is "love" in "A River Sutra"? What different forms of love do readers see? What does love mean to the characters? How is the plot affected by love?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)