|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people avoid the Naga Baba?
2. How does the elderly woman's daughter die?
3. What happened to the elderly woman's hometown?
4. What was the perk of the woman's life as a courtesan?
5. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the story of the Naga Baba offer to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of storytelling or folklore in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How does it aid to the portrait of religion?
Part 2) How does it aid to the portrait of India?
Part 3) How does it aid to the portrait of enlightenment?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)