|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator enjoy about the town of Mahadeo?
2. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
3. Why does the narrator help the woman?
4. When the ugly daughter was a child, she was ______ of her father.
5. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "healing" in "A River Sutra": how are medicine, science, and fact placed side by side with faith and belief?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss interconnectedness in "A River Sutra":
Part 1) Between characters in the tales.
Part 2) Between characters within the tales and our narrator himself.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)