|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characterizes the town of Mahadeo?
2. The father says he will die happy if he could sing like _______.
3. Why has the elderly woman come to the guesthouse?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where does Uma go?
5. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "immortality" in "A River Sutra". What role does it have? Which characters does it affect, and in what ways? Do all characters share the same beliefs about immortality? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)