Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
2. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
3. What is shocking about the woman the narrator helps?
4. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
5. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "immortality" in "A River Sutra". What role does it have? Which characters does it affect, and in what ways? Do all characters share the same beliefs about immortality? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is "love" in "A River Sutra"? What different forms of love do readers see? What does love mean to the characters? How is the plot affected by love?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)