|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
2. What does the narrator discuss with Dr. Mitra at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What does "Narmada" mean in Sanskrit?
4. How long has the elderly woman's daughter been held captive?
5. Why would the narrator be able to go find Uma and the Naga Baba?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the course of change our narrator experiences: stretch from before the beginning of "A River Sutra" to the end, reasons for change, and where we leave him at the end.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the necessity of "understanding" and "renouncing" the world in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How must one do this? What is to be gained?
Part 2) How does the narrator attempt this? What are his flaws?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)