|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the forest in the elderly woman's hometown?
2. Why is the narrator surprised that Uma and the Naga Baba parted ways?
3. Why does Rahul Singh love the daughter?
4. How long has the elderly woman's daughter been held captive?
5. Why does the narrator encourage the woman and her daughter to leave?
Essay Topic 1
What does the story of the Naga Baba offer to the book as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "immortality" in "A River Sutra". What role does it have? Which characters does it affect, and in what ways? Do all characters share the same beliefs about immortality? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss fact vs. fable in "A River Sutra" and the truth or fiction that can be found in both.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)