|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the elderly woman's daughter taken after she is kidnapped?
2. What is shocking about the woman the narrator helps?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 16, where does the Naga Baba go?
4. What characterizes the town of Mahadeo?
5. In a previous visit to Mahadeo, the narrator helped a woman who dropped a ______ painting.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrator's mental limits: what he understands and what disturbs him. Discuss what we are able to learn about the world in "A River Sutra" through his successes and shortcomings.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Narmada river functions as a character in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)