|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
2. Why does the narrator go to see Tariq Mia in Chapter 11?
3. What is the elderly woman's priority with her daughter as the city changes?
4. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
5. The father says he will die happy if he could sing like _______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
What is "love" in "A River Sutra"? What different forms of love do readers see? What does love mean to the characters? How is the plot affected by love?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)