|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The teacher sends his student to collect _______.
2. The father would only continue to teach his daughter music if she agreed to marry ______.
3. What season is it in Chapter 9?
4. Why would the narrator be able to go find Uma and the Naga Baba?
5. What does "Narmada" mean in Sanskrit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 2
How do the array of religions used in "A River Sutra" add to the narrator's spiritual journey? What statement does it make about spirituality? India?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)