|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kidnaps the elderly woman's daughter?
2. Where is the elderly woman from?
3. What is Shankar's profession?
4. What was the perk of the woman's life as a courtesan?
5. The woman claims her teacher is a ______.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "immortality" in "A River Sutra". What role does it have? Which characters does it affect, and in what ways? Do all characters share the same beliefs about immortality? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of storytelling or folklore in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How does it aid to the portrait of religion?
Part 2) How does it aid to the portrait of India?
Part 3) How does it aid to the portrait of enlightenment?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Narmada river functions as a character in "A River Sutra".
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)