|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story is the woman going to tell the narrator?
2. In Tariq Mia's opinion, how is the narrator trying to learn about enlightenment?
3. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
4. Why does the elderly woman's daughter agree to perform at an election meeting?
5. What was the perk of the woman's life as a courtesan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss "healing" in "A River Sutra": how are medicine, science, and fact placed side by side with faith and belief?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3Discuss the narrator's mental limits: what he understands and what disturbs him. Discuss what we are able to learn about the world in "A River Sutra" through his successes and shortcomings.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)