|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the elderly woman's daughter agree to perform at an election meeting?
2. The teacher sends his student to collect _______.
3. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
4. Why does the narrator take a day away from the guesthouse?
5. What happens to the forest in the elderly woman's hometown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the necessity of "understanding" and "renouncing" the world in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How must one do this? What is to be gained?
Part 2) How does the narrator attempt this? What are his flaws?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)