|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man who comes to see the father says he wants to at least be near _______.
2. Why does Mr. Changla allow the elderly woman to stay?
3. How does the elderly woman's daughter lose her baby?
4. Where is the elderly woman's daughter taken after she is kidnapped?
5. What skills were courtesans supposed to teach noblemen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the errors and successes in the narrator's spiritual journey. Please provide several examples of both errors and successes from the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the various and vastly different accounts and interpretations of "enlightenment" in "A River Sutra", discuss what it means as a whole to the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss paternity and childhood in "A River Sutra". Where can this type of relationship be seen in the text? Who is involved, and how does it drive the plot?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)