Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
2. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
3. What is shocking about the woman the narrator helps?
4. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
5. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the various and vastly different accounts and interpretations of "enlightenment" in "A River Sutra", discuss what it means as a whole to the book.
Essay Topic 2
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss interconnectedness in "A River Sutra":
Part 1) Between characters in the tales.
Part 2) Between characters within the tales and our narrator himself.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)