|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
2. Why does the narrator go to visit Tariq Mia in Chapter 14?
3. What is shocking about the woman the narrator helps?
4. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
5. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
Essay Topic 1
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
Essay Topic 2
What is "love" in "A River Sutra"? What different forms of love do readers see? What does love mean to the characters? How is the plot affected by love?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of music around the Narmada in "A River Sutra".
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)