|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator go to see Tariq Mia in Chapter 11?
2. Upon Tariq Mia entering the lesson, the student is ______.
3. What "Indian disease" does Dr. Mitra claim the narrator has?
4. What is the elderly woman's priority with her daughter as the city changes?
5. Why has the elderly woman come to the guesthouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do physical conditions (beauty, disability, etc.) perform with enlightenment in "A River Sutra"? What is their function?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the necessity of "understanding" and "renouncing" the world in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How must one do this? What is to be gained?
Part 2) How does the narrator attempt this? What are his flaws?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)