|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the ugly daughter was a child, she was ______ of her father.
2. What characterizes the town of Mahadeo?
3. Why does Mr. Changla allow the elderly woman to stay?
4. What is the next story the narrator will tell?
5. Why does the man decide not to marry the daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the course of change our narrator experiences: stretch from before the beginning of "A River Sutra" to the end, reasons for change, and where we leave him at the end.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss paternity and childhood in "A River Sutra". Where can this type of relationship be seen in the text? Who is involved, and how does it drive the plot?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)