|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people does Rahul Singh kill?
2. Why does the elderly woman's daughter agree to perform at an election meeting?
3. Where is the elderly woman's daughter taken after she is kidnapped?
4. In order to become a Naga, one must ______.
5. What happens to the forest in the elderly woman's hometown?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of storytelling or folklore in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How does it aid to the portrait of religion?
Part 2) How does it aid to the portrait of India?
Part 3) How does it aid to the portrait of enlightenment?
Essay Topic 2
What is "love" in "A River Sutra"? What different forms of love do readers see? What does love mean to the characters? How is the plot affected by love?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)