|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
2. The father would only continue to teach his daughter music if she agreed to marry ______.
3. What happened to the elderly woman's hometown?
4. Upon Tariq Mia entering the lesson, the student is ______.
5. Where is the elderly woman's daughter taken after she is kidnapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is this narrator an appropriate or inappropriate vehicle for "A River Sutra"? What is Gita Mehta's purpose in using this man? What, larger than his own spiritual journey, is she conveying?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of class and wealth in the characters in the stories of "A River Sutra".
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of storytelling or folklore in "A River Sutra".
Part 1) How does it aid to the portrait of religion?
Part 2) How does it aid to the portrait of India?
Part 3) How does it aid to the portrait of enlightenment?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)