|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the elderly woman's hometown?
(a) It turned into a farm town.
(b) It was destroyed in a war.
(c) It became a cultural center.
(d) It turned into a factory town.
2. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
3. Why does the narrator help the woman?
(a) So no one gets cut.
(b) Because she looks familiar.
(c) Because she's beautiful.
(d) So no one notices she's clumsy.
4. Why does the man decide not to marry the daughter?
(a) He is engaged to someone else.
(b) She has a terrible voice.
(c) Her mother is crazy.
(d) The father said he didn't have to.
5. What does the narrator discuss with Dr. Mitra at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Nitin's possession.
(b) The weather.
(c) Dr. Mitra's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the next story the narrator will tell?
2. Who kidnaps the elderly woman's daughter?
3. Why does the narrator call the police in Chapter 11?
4. The Naga Baba finds the jungle _______, but has gotten used to it.
5. Why does the narrator take a day away from the guesthouse?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)