|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Master" is a title for a ________.
2. Why does Tariq Mia begin to tell the narrator his story?
(a) So he will better understand the human heart.
(b) So he will understand true struggle.
(c) So he will appreciate nature.
(d) So he will take life less seriously.
3. Why can't anyone accompany Nitin?
(a) He runs too fast.
(b) No outsiders are allowed in the Vano Village.
(c) He asked everyone not to.
(d) Everyone's afraid of him.
4. Mr. Changla explains that Nitin's denial of _____ is what lead to his insanity.
5. What is special about the placement of the guesthouse on the banks of the Narmada River?
(a) It's where the narrator was born.
(b) It's known for it's nice smell.
(c) It's a religious pilgrimage site.
(d) It's inexpensive real estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion is Tariq Mia?
2. Where must Nitin submerge the figure?
3. The narrator doesn't understand how a ___ could drive Nitin insane.
4. What is the doctor's diagnosis of Nitin?
5. Who does Nitin become while managing the tea estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ashok's father feel about him becoming a monk?
2. Why is Master Mohan not well respected?
3. What is the question of Nitin's identity?
4. What is Shankar's interest in the Narmada?
5. To her parents, what are the daughter's shortcomings?
6. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
7. How does the woman in the market set up what is to come in Chapter 13?
8. What are the requirements of being a Jain monk?
9. How important are material goods to the people that Naga Baba blesses?
10. How does the narrator feel about Tariq Mia's village?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)