|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nitin believe he can't stay awake?
(a) Because the world is too scary.
(b) Because he drinks too much tea.
(c) Because his life is so boring.
(d) Because he's enchanted.
2. According to the monk's father, what do people from the West see of India?
3. How much time has passed between the end of Chapter 5 and Chapter 6?
(a) 1 month.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) 2 days.
4. Where has Nitin run off to?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) The hospital.
(d) The shrine.
5. Why does the Jain monk clear the bugs off the boulder?
(a) So he doesn't crush them.
(b) The boulder is rolling.
(c) Bugs scare him.
(d) He collects bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't the narrator go into the caves?
2. What is the benefit of Imrat performing in the park?
3. What do the Vano believe is special about Nitin?
4. Why does the monk's father regret letting his son live in the West?
5. The narrator took the job at the guesthouse after what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nitin an exception to Vano law?
2. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
3. How does Ashok's father feel about him becoming a monk?
4. What is Tariq Mia's advice about "destiny" and how does it contradict to what the narrator has been told through the book?
5. Why does Master Mohan kill himself?
6. What is the fault Tariq Mia observes about the narrator's attempt at enlightenment?
7. Is the narrator being very egotistical at the beginning of Chapter 14?
8. How are courtesans meant to interact with noblemen?
9. Is the daughter trusting of Rahul Singh?
10. How does the narrator feel about Tariq Mia's village?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)