|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do we learn more about Nitin in Chapter 7?
(a) His diary.
(b) His father writes the narrator a letter.
(c) He tells his story to the narrator.
(d) Nitin talks in his sleep.
2. Why is Nitin amused by the tea estate?
(a) It was so poorly run.
(b) The people were very intelligent.
(c) It looked like a British fantasy of India.
(d) It looked like a fairy tale.
3. Why should the sisters not walk alone?
(a) The road isn't lit at night.
(b) The mango trees are in bloom.
(c) There are thieves out.
(d) People will get the wrong idea.
4. How much time has passed between the end of Chapter 5 and Chapter 6?
(a) A year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) A week.
(d) 2 days.
5. Why does the Jain monk clear the bugs off the boulder?
(a) The boulder is rolling.
(b) Bugs scare him.
(c) So he doesn't crush them.
(d) He collects bugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the monk claim he will gain from enduring the trials of being a monk?
2. Why do the police come to the guesthouse?
3. Why do Jain monks cover their mouths?
4. Why is Master Mohan's wife enraged by Imrat's recording contract?
5. Nitin was offered two jobs: managing a tea estate or _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator take the job at the guesthouse?
2. What are the ceremonies of becoming a monk?
3. Is the daughter trusting of Rahul Singh?
4. What are the father's philosophies on music?
5. How does Ashok's father feel about him becoming a monk?
6. Why is Master Mohan's wife so bitter?
7. What is Dr. Mitra's diagnosis for Nitin?
8. Why does Master Mohan kill himself?
9. Why is Master Mohan not well respected?
10. What does the narrator enjoy about Mahadeo?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)