|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the poet Kabir offered to Indian religions?
(a) Offers a single religious text.
(b) United Hinduism and Islam.
(c) Created Hinduism.
(d) Created an alternative to religion.
2. Why is Master Mohan's wife enraged by Imrat's recording contract?
(a) She doesn't get any money.
(b) She feels she deserved it.
(c) She is scared for his safety.
(d) She doesn't like his music.
3. What is Tariq Mia's pet name for the narrator?
(c) Funny Buddy.
(d) Little Brother.
4. Who is charged with Imrat's murder?
(a) Master Mohan's wife.
(b) Master Mohan.
(c) The musicians.
(d) Imrat's classmate.
5. What does Master Mohan see Imrat as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A burden.
(c) A second chance.
(d) A meal ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, the narrator has finished reading ______.
2. Why isn't Master Mohan respected?
3. What is the narrator's primary anxiety about Nitin?
4. Where must Nitin submerge the figure?
5. What is the narrator's job at the guesthouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tariq Mia's advice about "destiny" and how does it contradict to what the narrator has been told through the book?
2. Why does Master Mohan's wife try to sabotage Imrat?
3. What happens to Shahbag?
4. Why does the Great Sahib kill Imrat?
5. Is the narrator obsessive compulsive?
6. Does the narrator understand the human heart?
7. What is the fault Tariq Mia observes about the narrator's attempt at enlightenment?
8. What is the Vano ritual of purging a possession and how does it work?
9. In Chapter 11, who is the narrator primarily concerned for?
10. How does the narrator feel about Tariq Mia's village?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)