|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nitin was offered two jobs: managing a tea estate or _______.
(a) CEO of a company.
(b) An executive training course.
(c) A business adviser.
(d) A government position.
2. What is special about Imrat?
(a) He has a beautiful singing voice.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He performs magic tricks.
(d) He is an excellent thief.
3. What is Tariq Mia's pet name for the narrator?
(a) Little Brother.
(d) Funny Buddy.
4. What kind of family is Nitin's family from?
(a) He has no family.
(b) A wealthy family.
(c) A mobster family.
(d) A poor family.
5. Kama is the god of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nitin bring books to the tea estate?
2. Who does Nitin become while managing the tea estate?
3. What is the Jain monk's real name?
4. Why is Nitin Bose in the hospital?
5. Why are Nitin's friends surprised that he took a job in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the narrator begin to feel more of an authority on the subject of tribal rituals?
2. What is the cause of Nitin's insanity?
3. How does Ashok's father feel about him becoming a monk?
4. What parallels can you draw between the woman in the market and Imrat?
5. How is our narrator similar to the Jain monk? What is he lacking to be truly like him?
6. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
7. Why is Master Mohan's wife so bitter?
8. What is the significance of the guns in Chapter 11?
9. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
10. What is Shankar's interest in the Narmada?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)