|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No longer interested in women, Nitin is interested in _____.
(b) The stars.
2. What is Master Mohan's only escape?
(a) He makes her look old.
(b) She can't afford to support him.
(c) She could get money for him.
(d) She doesn't like him.
3. Why is Nitin looking for the shrine in the woods?
(a) It's made out of gold.
(b) It gives fertility.
(c) It brings good luck.
(d) It cures possession.
4. What is the benefit of Imrat performing in the park?
(a) He gets fresh air.
(b) He is well respected.
(c) He makes friends.
(d) He gets money.
5. For some time, the narrator feels ________ by the monk's story.
(c) Judgmental of.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Nitin make a clay figure of the goddess and submerge it?
2. Why does Tariq Mia begin to tell the narrator his story?
3. When one renounces the world, how long must one fast for?
4. Maser Mohan's wife is ______ towards him.
5. What is the benefit of Nitin going to Vano Village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the narrator go near the caves again in Chapter 3?
2. Why is "endurance" a necessary part of a pilgrimage to the Narmada?
3. Why is Master Mohan's wife so bitter?
4. Why does Dr. Mitra think the narrator has contracted the "Indian disease" of making everything holy?
5. Does Nitin live a charmed life before he moves to the tea estate?
6. Why is Nitin in the hospital?
7. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
8. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
9. What does the narrator believe the purpose or use of the Narmada is?
10. Why does Master Mohan's wife try to sabotage Imrat?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)