|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator concerned about Nitin running off?
(a) Nitin's father will be angry.
(b) He may not come back.
(c) It's not safe in the neighborhood at night.
(d) Nitin is unstable.
2. Mr. Changla explains that Nitin's denial of _____ is what lead to his insanity.
3. What cheers the narrator after his talk with Tariq Mia?
(a) People washing in the river.
(b) Vano Village generosity.
(c) A photo of his family.
(d) Vano Village lightheartedness.
4. As the narrator looks at the river one morning, who does the narrator imagine he may see floating in it one day?
(a) The monk.
(b) Tariq Mia.
(c) His wife.
5. What kind of family is Nitin's family from?
(a) A poor family.
(b) A mobster family.
(c) He has no family.
(d) A wealthy family.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, the narrator has finished reading ______.
2. Why is Nitin amused by the tea estate?
3. In the Jain monk's story, the crowd at the ceremony is excited by what, other than his diamonds?
4. What is the doctor's diagnosis of Nitin?
5. How does Master Mohan kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nitin create a new persona for managing the tea estate?
2. What does the narrator enjoy about Mahadeo?
3. Why is the Jain monk's only love the human heart?
4. What is the Vano ritual of purging a possession and how does it work?
5. What is the legend of the battle at the Narmada riverbank?
6. How does the narrator feel about Tariq Mia's village?
7. What parallels can you draw between the woman in the market and Imrat?
8. Why does Dr. Mitra think the narrator has contracted the "Indian disease" of making everything holy?
9. What are the benefits of being a courtesan?
10. What is society's relationship with Naga Babas?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)