Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between the end of Chapter 5 and Chapter 6?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) A year.
2. What causes possession, in the doctor's opinion?
(b) Bad karma.
(c) If one believes they are.
(d) Emotional trauma.
3. Why is Imrat killed?
(a) So no one else could enjoy his music.
(b) Because he had a terrible voice.
(c) So he wouldn't talk to the police.
(d) Because he was a thief.
4. Why do the police come to the guesthouse?
(a) To tell the narrator his friend has died.
(b) To arrest the narrator.
(c) To bring the narrator to the hospital.
(d) To look for a criminal.
5. From a young age, the monk's father taught him to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator concerned about Nitin running off?
2. Why must Nitin make a clay figure of the goddess and submerge it?
3. How does Master Mohan kill himself?
4. Who does the narrator receive a letter from?
5. Why does the Jain monk clear the bugs off the boulder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the legend of the battle at the Narmada riverbank?
2. What are the benefits of being a courtesan?
3. How is our narrator similar to the Jain monk? What is he lacking to be truly like him?
4. What is the cause of Nitin's insanity?
5. What happens to Shahbag?
6. Why is the elderly woman's daughter kidnapped?
7. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
8. What are the ceremonies of becoming a monk?
9. Does the narrator begin to feel more of an authority on the subject of tribal rituals?
10. What new attitude does Nitin develop while managing the tea estate?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)