|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Imrat killed?
(a) Because he was a thief.
(b) So he wouldn't talk to the police.
(c) So no one else could enjoy his music.
(d) Because he had a terrible voice.
2. "Master" is a title for a ________.
3. The narrator doesn't understand how a ___ could drive Nitin insane.
4. Why is Nitin Bose in the hospital?
(a) His father is sick.
(b) He tried to kill himself.
(c) He was attacked.
(d) He has a terrible disease.
5. What do the Vano believe is special about Nitin?
(a) He has magical powers.
(b) He speaks an unknown language.
(c) He is very intelligent.
(d) He's been touched by the goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. No longer interested in women, Nitin is interested in _____.
2. Why does Imrat have to practice in the park?
3. Why is Nitin Bose coming to the guesthouse?
4. What causes possession, in the doctor's opinion?
5. According to the Jain monk, ritual means nothing if you don't do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the narrator begin to feel more of an authority on the subject of tribal rituals?
2. What is the cause of Nitin's insanity?
3. In Chapter 11, who is the narrator primarily concerned for?
4. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
5. Does the narrator understand the human heart?
6. What is Tariq Mia's advice about "destiny" and how does it contradict to what the narrator has been told through the book?
7. What is the fault Tariq Mia observes about the narrator's attempt at enlightenment?
8. Why is Nitin in the hospital?
9. What are the requirements of being a Jain monk?
10. Why does Master Mohan's wife try to sabotage Imrat?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)