|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator enjoys Tariq Mia's song until he realizes how _______ the lyrics are.
2. When Tariq Mia teases the narrator, he often is suggesting that the narrator is _______.
3. What is the Jain monk's real name?
4. What is special about Imrat?
(a) He has a beautiful singing voice.
(b) He performs magic tricks.
(c) He is very handsome.
(d) He is an excellent thief.
5. What cheers the narrator after his talk with Tariq Mia?
(a) A photo of his family.
(b) Vano Village generosity.
(c) Vano Village lightheartedness.
(d) People washing in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maser Mohan's wife is ______ towards him.
2. Who does Nitin become while managing the tea estate?
3. Why does the monk's father regret letting his son live in the West?
4. Why should the sisters not walk alone?
5. What religion is Tariq Mia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new attitude does Nitin develop while managing the tea estate?
2. Why is Master Mohan not well respected?
3. What happens to Shahbag?
4. Why is the narrator hesitant to allow the elderly woman to stay at the guesthouse? What does her situation resemble?
5. Why is "endurance" a necessary part of a pilgrimage to the Narmada?
6. Why is Master Mohan's wife so bitter?
7. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
8. What is crucial to Nitin's state of mind (then and now) that we learn through his relationship with Rima?
9. Does the narrator understand the human heart?
10. Why does the Great Sahib kill Imrat?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)