|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Nitin run off to?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The shrine.
2. What is Tariq Mia's purpose in telling this story?
(a) To discuss the human heart.
(b) To brag about his intelligence.
(c) To scare the narrator.
(d) To pass the time.
3. Why does Imrat have to practice in the park?
(a) Master Mohan's wife doesn't let him do it in the house.
(b) He has indoor allergies.
(c) He can earn money.
(d) The trees inspire him.
4. For some time, the narrator feels ________ by the monk's story.
(c) Judgmental of.
5. Why is Nitin Bose in the hospital?
(a) He tried to kill himself.
(b) He was attacked.
(c) He has a terrible disease.
(d) His father is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Nitin's presence disrupted the narrator's life?
2. Kama is the god of ______.
3. Why can't anyone accompany Nitin?
4. According to the monk's father, what do people from the West see of India?
5. What is Master Mohan's only escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Master Mohan kill himself?
2. Why is the narrator hesitant to allow the elderly woman to stay at the guesthouse? What does her situation resemble?
3. Why does Dr. Mitra think the narrator has contracted the "Indian disease" of making everything holy?
4. What are the benefits of being a courtesan?
5. How is Imrat a second chance for Master Mohan?
6. Is the daughter trusting of Rahul Singh?
7. Does Nitin live a charmed life before he moves to the tea estate?
8. What is the narrator's primary concern in Chapter 8?
9. Are any of the daughter's shortcomings correctable?
10. What is India's perception of the West? The West of India?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)