|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator enjoys Tariq Mia's song until he realizes how _______ the lyrics are.
2. Maser Mohan's wife is ______ towards him.
3. How much time has passed between the end of Chapter 5 and Chapter 6?
(a) A year.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 days.
(d) A week.
4. How does the Sahib kill Imrat?
(a) He drowned him.
(b) He shot him.
(c) He poisoned him.
(d) He slit his throat.
5. What is special about the placement of the guesthouse on the banks of the Narmada River?
(a) It's where the narrator was born.
(b) It's known for it's nice smell.
(c) It's inexpensive real estate.
(d) It's a religious pilgrimage site.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we learn more about Nitin in Chapter 7?
2. Who does the narrator receive a letter from?
3. Why do the Jain monks shave their heads?
4. Why must Nitin make a clay figure of the goddess and submerge it?
5. Why can't anyone accompany Nitin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nitin in the hospital?
2. Does the narrator understand the human heart?
3. What is the fault Tariq Mia observes about the narrator's attempt at enlightenment?
4. What does the narrator believe the purpose or use of the Narmada is?
5. To her parents, what are the daughter's shortcomings?
6. Why does the narrator take the job at the guesthouse?
7. What is Dr. Mitra's diagnosis for Nitin?
8. What is the narrator's dilemma with bringing Nitin back to the guesthouse after he's released from the hospital.
9. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
10. What is the cause of Nitin's insanity?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)