|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason for the calmness of Tariq Mia's village?
(a) There are strict rules.
(b) Everyone is very rich.
(c) Everyone is very healthy.
(d) The only order is the seasons and prayer.
2. When one renounces the world, how long must one fast for?
(a) Until they reach enlightenment.
(b) Until they become a monk.
(c) Until the head monk allows them.
(d) For one week.
3. What is Tariq Mia's pet name for the narrator?
(a) Little Brother.
(b) Funny Buddy.
4. Why do the police come to the guesthouse?
(a) To arrest the narrator.
(b) To tell the narrator his friend has died.
(c) To look for a criminal.
(d) To bring the narrator to the hospital.
5. What is the Jain monk's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Jain monk's father have to pay for his son to renounce the world?
2. What about Rima's marriage distresses Nitin?
3. For some time, the narrator feels ________ by the monk's story.
4. When a Jain becomes a monk, what part of the ceremony marks their departure from the world?
5. What causes possession, in the doctor's opinion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the archaeology crew affect the narrator's view of his escape?
2. What is society's relationship with Naga Babas?
3. Why does Master Mohan's wife try to sabotage Imrat?
4. Is the narrator being very egotistical at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Is the daughter trusting of Rahul Singh?
6. To her parents, what are the daughter's shortcomings?
7. Are the father's teachings nonsensical?
8. Does Nitin live a charmed life before he moves to the tea estate?
9. How is Imrat a second chance for Master Mohan?
10. Why is the elderly woman's daughter kidnapped?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)