|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the poet Kabir offered to Indian religions?
(a) Created Hinduism.
(b) Created an alternative to religion.
(c) Offers a single religious text.
(d) United Hinduism and Islam.
2. Why is Nitin amused by the tea estate?
(a) It looked like a fairy tale.
(b) It looked like a British fantasy of India.
(c) The people were very intelligent.
(d) It was so poorly run.
3. Why does Nitin create a new persona?
(a) Because he was sick of his old life.
(b) Because he doesn't take anything seriously.
(c) Because he's running from the law.
(d) Because he wants to assert authority.
4. Why isn't Master Mohan respected?
(a) He has a disease.
(b) His family was poor.
(c) His family is rude.
(d) He is a criminal.
5. Maser Mohan's wife is ______ towards him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes possession, in the doctor's opinion?
2. Why does Master Mohan kill himself?
3. The narrator was once a bureaucrat, but is now a ___________.
4. Nitin was offered two jobs: managing a tea estate or _______.
5. Why is Imrat killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
2. Is the narrator obsessive compulsive?
3. Does Nitin live a charmed life before he moves to the tea estate?
4. Are any of the daughter's shortcomings correctable?
5. What is the cause of Nitin's insanity?
6. Does the narrator understand the human heart?
7. To her parents, what are the daughter's shortcomings?
8. What is the legend of the battle at the Narmada riverbank?
9. What is the fault Tariq Mia observes about the narrator's attempt at enlightenment?
10. Is the daughter trusting of Rahul Singh?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)