|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tariq Mia's purpose in telling this story?
(a) To brag about his intelligence.
(b) To scare the narrator.
(c) To discuss the human heart.
(d) To pass the time.
2. Why do the police come to the guesthouse?
(a) To tell the narrator his friend has died.
(b) To arrest the narrator.
(c) To look for a criminal.
(d) To bring the narrator to the hospital.
3. Where has Nitin run off to?
(a) His girlfriend's house.
(b) The shrine.
(c) The hospital.
4. Where must Nitin submerge the figure?
(a) A bowl of holy water.
(b) In the baptismal.
(c) In a spring on the mountain.
(d) The Narmada River.
5. How has Nitin's presence disrupted the narrator's life?
(a) He has loud parties.
(b) He's always worrying about him.
(c) He makes the narrator feel inadequate.
(d) He talks too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nitin bring books to the tea estate?
2. What is the reason for the calmness of Tariq Mia's village?
3. Who is charged with Imrat's murder?
4. What is the Jain monk's real name?
5. Why do Jain monks cover their mouths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator enjoy about Mahadeo?
2. What is the narrator's primary concern in Chapter 8?
3. During the time of the elderly woman's story, was she helpless?
4. In the doctor's opinion, is Nitin possessed and can he be cured?
5. What are the requirements of being a Jain monk?
6. Does Nitin live a charmed life before he moves to the tea estate?
7. What is the Vano ritual of purging a possession and how does it work?
8. Why is the Jain monk's only love the human heart?
9. Why does the Great Sahib kill Imrat?
10. Does the narrator begin to feel more of an authority on the subject of tribal rituals?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)