|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon Tariq Mia entering the lesson, the student is ______.
2. Where does the narrator walk in Mahadeo?
(a) The bazaar.
(b) The temple.
(c) The forest.
(d) A quiet neighborhood.
3. When the Naga Baba first moved to the jungle, he always felt ______.
4. What does the narrator enjoy about the town of Mahadeo?
(a) The music.
(b) The calmness.
(c) The women.
(d) Its energy.
5. Why couldn't the daughter find a husband?
(a) There are no men in town.
(b) Her parents are poor.
(c) She's ugly.
(d) She doesn't care.
6. At the dance academy, what are the girls' dances supposed to convey?
7. Why would the narrator be able to go find Uma and the Naga Baba?
(a) Because he has spare time.
(b) Because he has conviction.
(c) Because he has super powers.
(d) Because he has a great sense of direction.
8. Why does the narrator help the woman?
(a) Because she looks familiar.
(b) So no one gets cut.
(c) So no one notices she's clumsy.
(d) Because she's beautiful.
9. Who kidnaps the elderly woman's daughter?
(a) Another courtesan.
(b) A bandit.
(c) A government official.
(d) Her father.
10. What happened to the elderly woman's hometown?
(a) It became a cultural center.
(b) It was destroyed in a war.
(c) It turned into a farm town.
(d) It turned into a factory town.
11. What won't the elderly woman's daughter be able to do after being kidnapped?
(a) Come back to India.
(c) Get married.
(d) Be a courtesan.
12. What happens to the buildings in the elderly woman's hometown?
(a) They got a new paint job.
(b) They became modernized.
(c) They were torn down.
(d) They became dilapidated.
13. How does the elderly woman's daughter die?
(a) She drowns in the river.
(b) A mysterious disease.
(c) Her mother killed her.
(d) The bandits killed her.
14. What is Shankar's profession?
15. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
Short Answer Questions
1. A courtesan's education of noblemen must be ______ guidance.
2. How does the elderly woman's daughter lose her baby?
3. In his story, Tariq Mia encounters a teacher and a _______ student.
4. Why does the man decide not to marry the daughter?
5. In order to become a Naga, one must ______.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)