|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Tariq Mia think it would be worthwhile to try and find the Naga Baba?
(a) He's changed his appearance.
(b) He's good at hiding.
(c) There is nothing left to learn from him.
(d) He's dead.
2. Why does the elderly woman's daughter agree to perform at an election meeting?
(a) Her mother forced her.
(b) There are lots of handsome men.
(c) She was forced to.
(d) They pay her well.
3. What won't the elderly woman's daughter be able to do after being kidnapped?
(a) Be a courtesan.
(c) Come back to India.
(d) Get married.
4. When the power comes back in the guesthouse, what is the narrator able to do again?
(a) His daily meditations.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Clean the rooms.
5. In order to become a Naga, one must ______.
6. Why must the daughter purify herself in the river?
(a) To become baptized.
(b) To get rid of a demon.
(c) To separate herself from her father.
(d) To get rid of desire.
7. What time in his life is Tariq Mia's story set?
(a) After his wife died.
(b) Before he was a priest.
(c) While he was in school.
(d) After becoming a priest.
8. What is Shankar's profession?
9. Why does Rahul Singh love the daughter?
(a) She's wealthy.
(b) She loves him.
(c) He believes they were married in a past life.
(d) She's very beautiful.
10. What happens to the forest in the elderly woman's hometown?
(a) It became a wildlife preserve.
(b) It was cut down.
(c) It became a national park.
(d) It became inhabited by ghosts.
11. What does the narrator not believe the river can wash away?
12. What season is it in Chapter 9?
13. Why does the man decide not to marry the daughter?
(a) The father said he didn't have to.
(b) He is engaged to someone else.
(c) She has a terrible voice.
(d) Her mother is crazy.
14. What does the teacher teach?
15. While reading by the river, Tariq Mia heard ______.
(a) Gun shots.
Short Answer Questions
1. A man who comes to see the father says he wants to at least be near _______.
2. What was the perk of the woman's life as a courtesan?
3. What does the narrator discuss with Dr. Mitra at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. A courtesan's education of noblemen must be ______ guidance.
5. In a previous visit to Mahadeo, the narrator helped a woman who dropped a ______ painting.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)