Short Answer Key
1. The narrator was once a bureaucrat, but is now a ___________.
2. What is special about the placement of the guesthouse on the banks of the Narmada River?
It's a religious pilgrimage site.
3. The narrator took the job at the guesthouse after what event?
His wife died.
4. What is the narrator's job at the guesthouse?
5. What does the river offer to the narrator?
His object of reflection.
6. What of the river's can the narrator hear at night?
7. What can the Vano Village Deity cure?
8. Why won't the narrator go into the caves?
There are snakes.
9. Why do the Jain monks shave their heads?
To avoid human vanity.
10. Why do Jain monks cover their mouths?
To prevent accidentally killing insects.
11. How much does the Jain monk's father have to pay for his...
This section contains 2,220 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)