|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shankar's profession?
2. What has the poet Kabir offered to Indian religions?
(a) Created Hinduism.
(b) United Hinduism and Islam.
(c) Created an alternative to religion.
(d) Offers a single religious text.
3. The teacher sends his student to collect _______.
(b) More students.
(c) Cow dung.
4. Where is the elderly woman from?
5. Why is Imrat killed?
(a) Because he was a thief.
(b) So he wouldn't talk to the police.
(c) Because he had a terrible voice.
(d) So no one else could enjoy his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
2. As the narrator looks at the river one morning, who does the narrator imagine he may see floating in it one day?
3. For some time, the narrator feels ________ by the monk's story.
4. Why does Master Mohan kill himself?
5. In Tariq Mia's opinion, how is the narrator trying to learn about enlightenment?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)