|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the monk's father, what do people from the West see of India?
2. When one renounces the world, how long must one fast for?
(a) Until they reach enlightenment.
(b) Until they become a monk.
(c) Until the head monk allows them.
(d) For one week.
3. The narrator enjoys Tariq Mia's song until he realizes how _______ the lyrics are.
4. What is the Jain monk's real name?
5. Why is Master Mohan's wife enraged by Imrat's recording contract?
(a) She doesn't like his music.
(b) She is scared for his safety.
(c) She feels she deserved it.
(d) She doesn't get any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Master Mohan's only escape?
2. Why does Tariq Mia begin to tell the narrator his story?
3. What is the benefit of Imrat performing in the park?
4. In the Jain monk's story, the crowd at the ceremony is excited by what, other than his diamonds?
5. What of the river's can the narrator hear at night?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)