|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Jain monk's real name?
2. The narrator enjoys Tariq Mia's song until he realizes how _______ the lyrics are.
3. Why does the Jain monk clear the bugs off the boulder?
(a) He collects bugs.
(b) The boulder is rolling.
(c) Bugs scare him.
(d) So he doesn't crush them.
4. Why does Tariq Mia begin to tell the narrator his story?
(a) So he will appreciate nature.
(b) So he will take life less seriously.
(c) So he will understand true struggle.
(d) So he will better understand the human heart.
5. When a Jain becomes a monk, what part of the ceremony marks their departure from the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the calmness of Tariq Mia's village?
2. What does the river offer to the narrator?
3. What does Tariq Mia explain is the Jain monk's only love?
4. What does the monk claim he will gain from enduring the trials of being a monk?
5. According to the Jain monk, ritual means nothing if you don't do what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)