|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Nitin looking for the shrine in the woods?
(a) It cures possession.
(b) It brings good luck.
(c) It's made out of gold.
(d) It gives fertility.
2. What does "Narmada" mean in Sanskrit?
3. Why must Nitin make a clay figure of the goddess and submerge it?
(a) To start a new life.
(b) To exorcize himself.
(c) To clean the figure.
(d) To mark his defiance.
4. What is the benefit of Imrat performing in the park?
(a) He is well respected.
(b) He gets fresh air.
(c) He makes friends.
(d) He gets money.
5. To the narrator and to others, the Narmada is a _______ river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nitin Bose in the hospital?
2. What "Indian disease" does Dr. Mitra claim the narrator has?
3. Why is Master Mohan's wife enraged by Imrat's recording contract?
4. Why do the police come to the guesthouse?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, the narrator has finished reading ______.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)