|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator not know that Nitin has gone?
(a) Nitin placed a dummy in his bed.
(b) He didn't expect Nitin to run away.
(c) He was asleep.
(d) There were voices coming from Nitin's room.
2. Mr. Changla explains that Nitin's denial of _____ is what lead to his insanity.
3. Where has Nitin run off to?
(b) His girlfriend's house.
(c) The shrine.
(d) The hospital.
4. Why does the woman try to give her brother away?
(a) She doesn't like him.
(b) She could get money for him.
(c) She can't afford to support him.
(d) He makes her look old.
5. Why has the elderly woman come to the guesthouse?
(a) To stop and rest.
(b) To get something to eat.
(c) To deliver a letter to the narrator.
(d) To find her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When one renounces the world, how long must one fast for?
2. Why is Master Mohan's wife enraged by Imrat's recording contract?
3. Why does Imrat have to practice in the park?
4. How does the narrator know it's Nitin who's in trouble?
5. Why doesn't the narrator want to take Nitin back to the guesthouse?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)