• The narrator takes a job at a guesthouse.
• The narrator describes the setting on the Narmada River.
• The narrator watches the pilgrimages to the river.
• The narrator meets a Jain monk.
• The monk agrees to talk to the narrator and try to enlighten him.
• Ashok tells the story of becoming a monk.
• Ashok describes his father's opinion and his own goals of becoming a monk.
• The narrator is disturbed by the monk's story.
• The narrator goes to meet Tariq Mia in his village.
• Tariq Mia talks to the narrator and tries to help him understand how to be enlightened.
• Tariq Mia begins to tell his story to the narrator.
• Master Mohan is a poor music teacher with a bitter wife.
• Master Mohan explains why he is poor and his wife is unhappy.
• Master Mohan meets a boy named Imrat with a beautiful singing voice...
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)