|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Grandma not happy about Ann's presence in their lives?
2. What style of language do the male characters use?
3. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
4. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
5. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Walker's use of language in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of language that is appropriate for the characters and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of black men in the 1970s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? Did they enjoy any freedoms that 21st century men do not?
Essay Topic 3
THE RIVER NIGER is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)