|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
2. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
3. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
4. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
5. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE RIVER NIGER is a classic story of hardship and struggles. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of hope. Identify at least two themes about hope in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)