Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were John's career goals?
2. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
3. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
4. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
5. What room is John working in at the beginning of Act 2?
Explain the role of black men in the 1970s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? Did they enjoy any freedoms that 21st century men do not?
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE RIVER NIGER when the play is actually set in Harlem in New York City? Cite an example to support your answer.
Create a brief character study of Jeff. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)