Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were John's career goals?
2. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
3. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
4. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
5. What room is John working in at the beginning of Act 2?
Essay Topic 1
The author gives stage direction for the music of a bass to punctuate different events during the play. The music then takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE RIVER NIGER when the play is actually set in Harlem in New York City? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of black men in the 1970s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? Did they enjoy any freedoms that 21st century men do not?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)