|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
2. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
3. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
4. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
5. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE RIVER NIGER is set in the 1970s in the wake of the Civil Rights movement in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Walker use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jeff, Ann and Dudley. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)