|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
2. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
3. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
4. For what event do Mattie and Grandma plan to go shopping?
5. What type of encouragement does Ann give Mattie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author gives stage direction for the music of a bass to punctuate different events during the play. The music then takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ann. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of black men in the 1970s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? Did they enjoy any freedoms that 21st century men do not?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)