|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
2. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
3. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
4. What does Mattie say is her only reward?
5. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Jeff, Ann and Dudley. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mattie. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
THE RIVER NIGER is set in the 1970s in the wake of the Civil Rights movement in America. What impact did this factor have on the author? What impact did this factor have on the characters? Explain.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)