|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Jeff not try on his uniform?
2. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
3. How does Grandma react to Jeff's telling her that he has asked Ann to marry him?
4. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
5. What does Mo deride Jeff for regarding Jeff's vision?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mattie. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Jeff. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of black men in the 1970s. What precedents did they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? Did they enjoy any freedoms that 21st century men do not?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)