|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
2. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) To care for Mattie's family.
(b) He ran out of money.
(c) He got seriously ill.
(d) To take care of the farm.
3. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They are helping others as they were helped.
(c) They are paying them back.
(d) They paid them back in full.
4. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
(b) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
(c) To borrow some money from Jeff.
(d) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
5. Why is John perplexed to see Jeff when he returns home?
(a) Jeff is running very late.
(b) Jeff has lost a lot of weight.
(c) Jeff is not wearing his uniform.
(d) Jeff is very early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
2. What style of language do the male characters use?
3. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
5. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)