|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of language do the male characters use?
2. What is the name of John's poem?
(a) The River is Wide.
(b) The Tigres River.
(c) The River Niger.
(d) Rollin' on the River.
3. What is Mattie's response to Jeff's telling her that he asked Ann to marry him?
(a) She tries to act happy.
(b) She thinks the idea will grow on her.
(c) She is not happy at all
(d) She is very happy.
4. Where do John and Dudley go?
(a) The gas station.
(b) The bar.
(d) The liquor store.
5. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
(a) Abnormalities in her remaining breast.
(b) A bile duct blockage.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Everything is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
2. Who from Mattie's family moved in with Mattie and John years ago?
3. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
4. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
5. What does Mattie say is her only reward?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)