|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Turns on the TV.
(b) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
(c) Fixes a sandwich.
(d) Mixes a drink.
2. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(a) Doctor and patient.
(d) Business partners.
3. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
4. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Smoke a joint.
(d) Drink some beers.
5. In what month does the play open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local bar?
2. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
3. Who is John's son who is returning home?
4. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
5. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author use the theme of black male figures in the story?
2. What is Grandma's opinion of Ann?
3. What inanimate element does the author use almost like another character throughout the play?
4. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
5. What does Ann tell Mattie about her family and background?
6. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
7. What is Jeff's explanation for his leaving the Air Force and how does John react?
8. Describe the scenario in which Al is killed and John is mortally wounded.
9. Why do Chips, Mo and Gail come to the house?
10. Explain the source of John's deep regret in his life. How does Mattie respond to what he says?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)