|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's liquor of choice?
2. Who is John's son who is returning home?
3. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A few notes.
(d) John's latest poem.
4. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
5. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Smoke a joint.
(b) Drink some beers.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Eat dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
2. What falls out of John's pocket?
3. What is the name of John's wife?
4. What is the name of the local bar?
5. How much does John already owe Dudley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's reaction when Dudley informs him of Mattie's health diagnosis?
2. Why do Mo and Gail come to the house?
3. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
4. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
5. What happens when Mo derides Jeff's dream of fighting for Black rights via the legal system?
6. What does Dudley tell the family about Mattie's health and how does Mattie respond?
7. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
8. What are the police demands when they surround the house?
9. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
10. Why do Chips, Mo and Gail come to the house?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)