|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(b) Drink liquor.
(c) Have sex with Jeff.
2. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) The mail.
(d) Her coat.
3. What is John's liquor of choice?
4. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
5. In what location does the play open?
(a) A brownstone.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
2. How many children does Dudley have?
3. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
4. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
5. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
2. What is the premise of THE RIVER NIGER?
3. Why does Ann volunteer to help with the plan to identify the gang's stool pigeon?
4. What inanimate element does the author use almost like another character throughout the play?
5. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
6. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
7. What is Jeff's response when Chips tries to antagonize Ann again?
8. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
9. What is the first mention that indicates that Mattie is ill?
10. What does Dudley find so amazing about the poem that John reads to Ann?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)