|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(b) They take her out for drinks.
(c) They are rude and offensive.
(d) They ignore her.
2. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(b) Visiting relatives.
3. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) The 1980s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1970s.
4. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A poem he is writing.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A to-do list.
(d) A grocery list.
5. What is John's liquor of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
2. What is the name of John's wife?
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
4. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
5. What is the name of the local bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
2. What does Dudley tell John about Mattie's health?
3. What is Grandma's opinion of Ann?
4. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
5. What happens when Mo derides Jeff's dream of fighting for Black rights via the legal system?
6. What is revealed about what was heard on the phone lines in the plan to catch the informant?
7. Why does Dudley decide to tell John about Mattie's health?
8. Why does Ann volunteer to help with the plan to identify the gang's stool pigeon?
9. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
10. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)