|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Cedar jewelry box.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) Carton of cigarettes.
(d) The change from his pocket.
2. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(a) Business partners.
(c) Doctor and patient.
3. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They take her out for drinks.
(b) They are rude and offensive.
(c) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(d) They ignore her.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
5. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A new neighbor.
(b) A friend of Jeff's.
(c) A political worker.
(d) A social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
2. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
3. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
4. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
5. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does John create for the others to explain to the police?
2. How does the play begin and who is the first character to appear?
3. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
4. What does Dudley find so amazing about the poem that John reads to Ann?
5. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
6. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
7. What is Grandma's opinion of Ann?
8. How do John and Dudley differ in their opinions of the military?
9. Explain the source of John's deep regret in his life. How does Mattie respond to what he says?
10. Why have the group members brought Skeeter to Jeff's house?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)