|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
2. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She has been crying.
(b) She had been asleep.
(c) She hasn't eaten.
(d) She is intoxicated.
3. In what month does the play open?
4. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(d) Iced tea.
5. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Anita Vanderguild.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann van der Hoevel.
(d) Ann Vanderbilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
2. What is Ann's occupation?
3. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
4. How much does John already owe Dudley?
5. What is John Williams' occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeff make his entrance into the play?
2. What insights has John had while being away for a week?
3. What happens when Mo derides Jeff's dream of fighting for Black rights via the legal system?
4. Why does the author use the theme of black male figures in the story?
5. What does John read while sitting at the table?
6. Describe the scenario in which Al is killed and John is mortally wounded.
7. How does John behave when he finally arrives home?
8. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
9. What inanimate element does the author use almost like another character throughout the play?
10. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)