|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(a) The mail.
(c) Her coat.
2. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They are rude and offensive.
(d) They take her out for drinks.
3. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
(a) Someone coming into the house.
(b) A car backfiring.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A scream.
4. In what month does the play open?
5. Who is John's son who is returning home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local bar?
2. Why has Jeff been away from home?
3. What is John Williams' occupation?
4. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
5. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mo and Gail come to the house?
2. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
3. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
4. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What does Dudley tell the family about Mattie's health and how does Mattie respond?
6. Who is John Williams and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
7. What is revealed about what was heard on the phone lines in the plan to catch the informant?
8. Why do Chips, Mo and Gail come to the house?
9. What is Grandma's opinion of Ann?
10. What story does John create for the others to explain to the police?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)