|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Smoke a joint.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Drink some beers.
(d) Watch TV.
2. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(b) Visiting relatives.
3. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Six months.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
5. What is John's liquor of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
2. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
4. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
5. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
2. How does the author reveal the nature of the relationship between John and Dudley?
3. How did Mattie's family show their gratitude toward John?
4. Describe the reactions of Mattie and Grandma when Jeff announces his plans to marry Ann.
5. What does Ann tell Mattie about her family and background?
6. What does Dudley tell the family about Mattie's health and how does Mattie respond?
7. What is the premise of THE RIVER NIGER?
8. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she and Grandma go out shopping?
9. What happens after Ann suggests that she move into a hotel?
10. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)