|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does John already owe Dudley?
2. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
3. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The struggles of black men in America.
(b) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(c) The struggles of black women in America.
(d) The gay marriage initiative in America.
4. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) Joseph A. Bender.
(b) Joseph A. Walker.
(c) Jeremiah A. Walker.
(d) James A. Walker.
5. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Turns on the TV.
(b) Fixes a sandwich.
(c) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
(d) Mixes a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's occupation?
2. What is the name of the local bar?
3. In what month does the play open?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
5. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dudley find so amazing about the poem that John reads to Ann?
2. What does John read while sitting at the table?
3. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
4. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
5. Describe the scenario in which Al is killed and John is mortally wounded.
6. What is the setting of Act 3 and what are the characters doing as the act begins?
7. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
8. What is Dudley's philosophy of medical practice and death?
9. What is the premise of THE RIVER NIGER?
10. How do John and Dudley differ in their opinions of the military?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)