|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of John's wife?
2. What does John hide behind the refrigerator?
(a) Bottle of whisky.
(d) Christmas present.
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(b) Wood shavings.
(d) An apron.
4. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
5. What does Dudley offer to give Mattie?
(a) A reference.
(b) A check-up.
(c) Some vitamins.
(d) A loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
2. Why has Jeff been away from home?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
5. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dudley find so amazing about the poem that John reads to Ann?
2. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
3. How does John behave when he finally arrives home?
4. What does Ann tell Mattie about her family and background?
5. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
6. What does Mattie tell Ann about what John gave up in order to support her family?
7. Why does Dudley decide to tell John about Mattie's health?
8. What is the setting of Act 3 and what are the characters doing as the act begins?
9. Why does Mattie not say anything to John and Grandma about their alcohol abuse?
10. What is revealed about what was heard on the phone lines in the plan to catch the informant?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)