|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what country has Dudley just returned?
2. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
(a) Make up a bed.
(b) Fix her a drink.
(c) Read her a poem.
(d) Take her to dinner.
3. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
4. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
5. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(b) The struggles of black men in America.
(c) The struggles of black women in America.
(d) The gay marriage initiative in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
2. Where had Ann met Jeff?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
5. What does John read from the paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
2. What does Dudley tell the family about Mattie's health and how does Mattie respond?
3. What story does John create for the others to explain to the police?
4. What insights has John had while being away for a week?
5. What is the first mention that indicates that Mattie is ill?
6. What are the police demands when they surround the house?
7. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
8. What warning does Mattie give Ann about Chips?
9. What is Mattie's perspective on death and what is her only concern at the moment?
10. What is Jeff's response when Chips tries to antagonize Ann again?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)