|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Drink some beers.
(c) Smoke a joint.
(d) Watch TV.
2. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
3. In what location does the play open?
(a) A church.
(b) A bar.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A brownstone.
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. What is John Williams' occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
2. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
3. What does John count?
4. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
5. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jeff's response when Chips tries to antagonize Ann again?
2. Why are the characters worried about John at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is Jeff's explanation for his leaving the Air Force and how does John react?
4. What does Mattie consider to be a big problem in her family?
5. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
6. Why does Ann volunteer to help with the plan to identify the gang's stool pigeon?
7. What is John's reaction when Dudley informs him of Mattie's health diagnosis?
8. Why does Mattie not say anything to John and Grandma about their alcohol abuse?
9. Why do Chips, Mo and Gail come to the house?
10. How does John behave when he finally arrives home?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)