|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(c) Irish cream liqueur.
(d) Hazelnut syrup.
2. In what location does the play open?
(a) A brownstone.
(b) A bar.
(c) A church.
(d) A cafe.
3. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(a) New Zealand.
4. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At a Holiday Inn.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) On the living room couch.
(d) At a friend's house.
5. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Have sex with Jeff.
(d) Drink liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
2. What is the name of the local bar?
3. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
5. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeff make his entrance into the play?
2. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
3. What does Dudley tell John about Mattie's health?
4. What is Jeff's response when Chips tries to antagonize Ann again?
5. How does the play begin and who is the first character to appear?
6. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
7. Who is John Williams and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
8. How does the author reveal the nature of the relationship between John and Dudley?
9. What does Ann tell Mattie about her family and background?
10. Why does Mattie not say anything to John and Grandma about their alcohol abuse?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)