|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) John's latest poem.
(b) A few notes.
(d) A phone number.
2. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) On the living room couch.
(c) At a Holiday Inn.
(d) At a friend's house.
3. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
4. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
5. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country has Dudley just returned?
2. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
3. What is John's liquor of choice?
4. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
5. In what month does the play open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
2. What happens when Mo derides Jeff's dream of fighting for Black rights via the legal system?
3. What does John ask Dudley for when he abruptly changes the subject?
4. What happens after Ann suggests that she move into a hotel?
5. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
6. Why does Dudley decide to tell John about Mattie's health?
7. Why do Mo and Gail come to the house?
8. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
9. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house to see Jeff?
10. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann after speaking with her for a short while?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)