|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John count?
(a) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(b) The days until payday.
(c) The contents of his wallet.
(d) The days until Christmas.
2. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) John Pearson.
(b) Grandma Wilhemina.
(c) James Hall.
(d) John Williams.
3. What is the name of the local bar?
(d) The Apple.
4. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Ann Vanderbilt.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann van der Hoevel.
(d) Anita Vanderguild.
5. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
(a) A scream.
(b) A car backfiring.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Someone coming into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
2. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
3. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
4. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
5. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dudley tell the family about Mattie's health and how does Mattie respond?
2. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
3. What does Dudley tell John about Mattie's health?
4. Why are the characters worried about John at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
6. How does Grandma inadvertently upset Mattie when they are talking about John?
7. How did Mattie's family show their gratitude toward John?
8. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
9. Describe the scenario in which Al is killed and John is mortally wounded.
10. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she and Grandma go out shopping?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)