|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's liquor of choice?
2. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Getting his Master's Degree.
(b) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(c) Getting out of Harlem.
(d) Marrying such a fine woman.
3. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
4. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
5. In what month does the play open?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does John already owe Dudley?
2. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
3. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
4. What is Ann's occupation?
5. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
2. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
3. What insights has John had while being away for a week?
4. What is Mattie's perspective on death and what is her only concern at the moment?
5. What are the police demands when they surround the house?
6. What is the first mention that indicates that Mattie is ill?
7. What is Jeff's explanation for his leaving the Air Force and how does John react?
8. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
9. What does John read while sitting at the table?
10. How does the author reveal the nature of the relationship between John and Dudley?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)