|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's liquor of choice?
2. What is the name of the local bar?
(a) The Apple.
3. What does Dudley offer to give Mattie?
(a) A reference.
(b) Some vitamins.
(c) A loan.
(d) A check-up.
4. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
5. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
2. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
3. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
4. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
5. In what location does the play open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John say he has been for a week and what was he doing?
2. How do Dudley and John differ on engaging in the trials of black people in America?
3. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
4. What insights has John had while being away for a week?
5. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
6. What is Jeff's explanation for his leaving the Air Force and how does John react?
7. Explain the source of John's deep regret in his life. How does Mattie respond to what he says?
8. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
9. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
10. What is revealed about what was heard on the phone lines in the plan to catch the informant?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)