|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) Joseph A. Bender.
(b) Joseph A. Walker.
(c) Jeremiah A. Walker.
(d) James A. Walker.
2. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
3. Who is John's son who is returning home?
4. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A poem he is writing.
(b) A to-do list.
(c) A grocery list.
(d) A phone number.
5. From what country has Dudley just returned?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
2. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
3. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
4. In what month does the play open?
5. Where was Ann born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Mattie give Ann about Chips?
2. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
3. Explain the source of John's deep regret in his life. How does Mattie respond to what he says?
4. How does Jeff make his entrance into the play?
5. What is Jeff's explanation for his leaving the Air Force and how does John react?
6. Why does Ann volunteer to help with the plan to identify the gang's stool pigeon?
7. Why does Dudley decide to tell John about Mattie's health?
8. What is Mattie's perspective on death and what is her only concern at the moment?
9. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
10. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)