|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls out of John's pocket?
(b) Piece of paper.
(c) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of candy.
2. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A football hero.
(b) A valedictorian.
(c) A basketball star.
(d) A gang leader.
3. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She had been asleep.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She is intoxicated.
4. From what country has Dudley just returned?
5. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They take her out for drinks.
(b) They are rude and offensive.
(c) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(d) They ignore her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the events of the story take place?
2. Where was Ann born?
3. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
4. How many children does Dudley have?
5. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
2. What happens when Mo derides Jeff's dream of fighting for Black rights via the legal system?
3. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she and Grandma go out shopping?
4. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
5. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
6. What is Mattie's perspective on death and what is her only concern at the moment?
7. What is Dudley's philosophy of medical practice and death?
8. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house to see Jeff?
9. Why have the group members brought Skeeter to Jeff's house?
10. What is Grandma's opinion of Ann?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)