|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Williams' occupation?
2. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) At a Holiday Inn.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) On the living room couch.
3. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Getting out of Harlem.
(b) Marrying such a fine woman.
(c) Getting his Master's Degree.
(d) Overcoming a drug addiction.
4. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(b) They are rude and offensive.
(c) They take her out for drinks.
(d) They ignore her.
5. How much does John already owe Dudley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
2. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
3. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
4. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
5. From what country has Dudley just returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
2. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
3. What is the first mention that indicates that Mattie is ill?
4. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
5. What warning does Mattie give Ann about Chips?
6. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
7. How does John behave when he finally arrives home?
8. What does Dudley tell John about Mattie's health?
9. Why does Mattie not say anything to John and Grandma about their alcohol abuse?
10. Why do Chips, Mo and Gail come to the house?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)