|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Getting his Master's Degree.
(b) Getting out of Harlem.
(c) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(d) Marrying such a fine woman.
2. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Pugilistic tendencies.
(c) Artistic tendencies.
3. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(b) They take her out for drinks.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are rude and offensive.
4. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(c) New Zealand.
5. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She is intoxicated.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She had been asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
2. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
3. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
4. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
5. In what month does the play open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
2. Why do Mo and Gail come to the house?
3. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. Who is Jeff and what is his anticipated entry into the story?
5. What are the police demands when they surround the house?
6. What is the first mention that indicates that Mattie is ill?
7. Why can Jeff not try on his Air Force uniform when John asks him to?
8. How does the author reveal the nature of the relationship between John and Dudley?
9. Describe the reactions of Mattie and Grandma when Jeff announces his plans to marry Ann.
10. How does Grandma inadvertently upset Mattie when they are talking about John?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)