|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's occupation?
2. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A poem he is writing.
(b) A grocery list.
(c) A to-do list.
(d) A phone number.
3. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
4. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(c) Hazelnut syrup.
(d) Irish cream liqueur.
5. What is John's liquor of choice?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the play open?
2. What does Dudley offer to give Mattie?
3. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
4. How much does John already owe Dudley?
5. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the group members brought Skeeter to Jeff's house?
2. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann after speaking with her for a short while?
3. What is the premise of THE RIVER NIGER?
4. How do John and Dudley differ in their opinions of the military?
5. Who is Chips and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
6. How does the author reveal the nature of the relationship between John and Dudley?
7. Why are the characters worried about John at the beginning of Act 3?
8. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
9. Describe the scenario in which John dies.
10. Who is finally identified as the group's snitch?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)