|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of John's wife?
2. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) James Hall.
(b) John Pearson.
(c) Grandma Wilhemina.
(d) John Williams.
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(a) An apron.
(d) Wood shavings.
4. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At a Holiday Inn.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) On the living room couch.
(d) At a friend's house.
5. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has arrived at John's house?
2. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
3. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
4. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
5. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is John's reaction when Dudley informs him of Mattie's health diagnosis?
2. Who is John Williams and what is his demeanor as he enters the play?
3. What story does John create for the others to explain to the police?
4. What is Dudley's philosophy of medical practice and death?
5. Why are the characters worried about John at the beginning of Act 3?
6. Explain the source of John's deep regret in his life. How does Mattie respond to what he says?
7. What happens to Skeeter as Jeff and Al talk?
8. What are John's dying words to Mattie?
9. Who is Dr. Dudley Stanton and how is he introduced into the play?
10. What does Gail ask Jeff to do regarding Mo's life direction?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)