|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Grandma got good medical test results.
(b) Jeff has come home.
(c) They like their new neighbors.
(d) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
2. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
(a) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Threatens to kill him.
(d) Renounces their friendship.
3. Why can Jeff not try on his uniform?
(a) He was discharged from the Air Force.
(b) It is too small.
(c) It is at the cleaners.
(d) He forgot to pack it.
4. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Ann's family.
(b) Mattie's family.
(c) Civil Rights Movement.
(d) Sunday dinner plans.
5. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
6. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They paid them back in full.
(b) They are helping others as they were helped.
(d) They are paying them back.
7. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(b) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
(c) Make some party food.
(d) Run the vacuum cleaner.
8. Why is John perplexed to see Jeff when he returns home?
(a) Jeff is not wearing his uniform.
(b) Jeff is very early.
(c) Jeff is running very late.
(d) Jeff has lost a lot of weight.
9. Where did John direct his frustrated ambitions?
10. Why is Grandma not happy about Ann's presence in their lives?
(a) Ann is a white girl.
(b) Jeff should marry someone from the neighborhood.
(c) Ann is too uppity.
(d) No one is good enough for her grandson.
11. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
12. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a doctor.
(b) To be a lawyer.
(c) To be a professor.
(d) To be a scientist.
13. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Hair appointment.
(b) Blood donation.
(c) Tee times.
14. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
(a) Take it to the cleaners.
(b) Give it to the Salvation Army.
(c) Mend a tear in it.
(d) Hem the pants.
15. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relieves Gail's mind?
2. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
3. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
4. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
5. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)