|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
(a) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(b) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(c) Princeton Plainsboro Hospital.
(d) Harlem Hospital.
2. Why was Jeff discharged from the Air Force?
(a) He was drunk on duty.
(b) He was arrested for drunk driving.
(c) He failed navigator training.
(d) He went AWOL.
3. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
(a) So he can get insurance.
(b) So he can prepare.
(c) So he will be nicer to her.
(d) So he can take her to the hospital.
4. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
5. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
(b) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(c) Run the vacuum cleaner.
(d) Make some party food.
6. What did John and Mattie do when Mattie's sisters came to New York?
(a) Got them married off.
(b) Sent them back home.
(c) Found them an apartment.
(d) Took care of them.
7. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
(a) Go to med school.
(c) Go to law school.
8. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
(a) Trap Jeff into marriage.
(b) Rob the house.
(c) Get Jeff back into a gang.
(d) Turn Jeff against his family.
9. For what event do Mattie and Grandma plan to go shopping?
(b) Jeff's graduation.
(c) Jeff's welcome home party.
(d) John's birthday.
10. What does Mattie say is her only reward?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her fine son.
(c) Her good and loyal husband.
(d) Her health.
11. What style of language do the male characters use?
12. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
(a) Street noise.
13. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Put on his uniform.
(b) Go have a beer with him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Watch a baseball game on TV.
14. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
(b) Her retirement.
(c) Her golden years.
(d) Her grandchildren.
15. Who comes to the house to talk to John?
(c) Mr. Greevey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
2. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
3. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
4. How many years had John attended college?
5. What does Gail ask Jeff to do?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)