|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Jeff has come home.
(b) Grandma got good medical test results.
(c) They like their new neighbors.
(d) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
2. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) To take care of the farm.
(b) He got seriously ill.
(c) He ran out of money.
(d) To care for Mattie's family.
3. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Go have a beer with him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Watch a baseball game on TV.
(d) Put on his uniform.
4. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
(b) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(c) Run the vacuum cleaner.
(d) Make some party food.
5. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They paid them back in full.
(c) They are paying them back.
(d) They are helping others as they were helped.
6. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
7. What is Grandma's reaction toward Ann?
8. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
(a) Zack's Diner.
(b) Bob Evans.
(c) The Apple bar.
9. What does Gail ask Jeff to do?
(a) Get her some college course information.
(b) Take her out.
(c) Speak to Mo as a friend.
(d) Hide her gun.
10. How old is Grandma?
11. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(a) South Carolina.
(c) New York.
12. Why does Mattie especially love John?
(a) He buys her jewelry for Christmas.
(b) He writes poetry for her.
(c) He brings her flowers.
(d) He sacrificed to take care of her family.
13. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
14. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
15. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her golden years.
(d) Her retirement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
2. What type of encouragement does Ann give Mattie?
3. What happens after a violent confrontation between Jeff and Mo?
4. Where did John direct his frustrated ambitions?
5. What does Mo deride Jeff for regarding Jeff's vision?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)