|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
2. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
(a) Threatens to kill him.
(b) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Renounces their friendship.
3. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
4. What is the name of John's poem?
(a) The River is Wide.
(b) The River Niger.
(c) The Tigres River.
(d) Rollin' on the River.
5. Where do John and Dudley go?
(b) The bar.
(c) The liquor store.
(d) The gas station.
6. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
(a) Go to law school.
(d) Go to med school.
7. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) A bile duct blockage.
(c) Abnormalities in her remaining breast.
(d) Colon cancer.
8. What style of language do the male characters use?
9. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
10. Who from Mattie's family moved in with Mattie and John years ago?
(a) Mattie's two sisters.
(b) Mattie's father.
(c) Mattie's two cousins.
(d) Mattie's uncle.
11. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Tee times.
(b) Blood donation.
(d) Hair appointment.
12. Where did John direct his frustrated ambitions?
13. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The swearing.
(b) The computer use.
(c) The TV shows.
(d) The alcohol consumption.
14. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
15. Who comes to the house to talk to John?
(c) Mr. Greevey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
2. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
3. Why can Jeff not try on his uniform?
4. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
5. What is Grandma's reaction toward Ann?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)