|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had John attended college?
2. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Go have a beer with him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Put on his uniform.
(d) Watch a baseball game on TV.
3. Who is Mo's girlfriend?
4. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
5. What style of language do the male characters use?
6. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
(b) To borrow some money from Jeff.
(c) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
(d) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
7. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
(a) The Apple bar.
(b) Zack's Diner.
(d) Bob Evans.
8. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
(c) Street noise.
9. What relieves Gail's mind?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) Jeff agrees to talk to Mo.
(c) She got good medical test results.
(d) She found an apartment.
10. Who comes to the house to talk to John?
(b) Mr. Greevey.
11. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) To care for Mattie's family.
(b) To take care of the farm.
(c) He got seriously ill.
(d) He ran out of money.
12. Who from Mattie's family moved in with Mattie and John years ago?
(a) Mattie's two sisters.
(b) Mattie's uncle.
(c) Mattie's two cousins.
(d) Mattie's father.
13. Why was Jeff discharged from the Air Force?
(a) He was arrested for drunk driving.
(b) He went AWOL.
(c) He was drunk on duty.
(d) He failed navigator training.
14. How many jobs did John have to work to support the household?
15. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
2. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
3. Why is John perplexed to see Jeff when he returns home?
4. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
5. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)