|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
2. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Blood donation.
(b) Tee times.
(d) Hair appointment.
3. What relieves Gail's mind?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) She got good medical test results.
(c) She found an apartment.
(d) Jeff agrees to talk to Mo.
4. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
5. What is the name of John's poem?
(a) The Tigres River.
(b) Rollin' on the River.
(c) The River Niger.
(d) The River is Wide.
6. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
(a) Rob the house.
(b) Turn Jeff against his family.
(c) Get Jeff back into a gang.
(d) Trap Jeff into marriage.
7. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Make some party food.
(b) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
(c) Run the vacuum cleaner.
(d) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
8. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
(b) To borrow some money from Jeff.
(c) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
(d) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
9. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Put on his uniform.
(b) Watch a baseball game on TV.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Go have a beer with him.
10. What happens after a violent confrontation between Jeff and Mo?
(a) Mo stabs Jeff.
(b) Jeff kicks everyone out of the house.
(c) Mo shoots Ann.
(d) Jeff shoots Mo.
11. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They are helping others as they were helped.
(b) They are paying them back.
(c) They paid them back in full.
12. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Grandma got good medical test results.
(b) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
(c) They like their new neighbors.
(d) Jeff has come home.
13. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
(a) It is unfortunate.
(b) It is a disgrace.
(c) It was predictable.
(d) It is reversible.
14. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
(a) So he will be nicer to her.
(b) So he can get insurance.
(c) So he can take her to the hospital.
(d) So he can prepare.
15. What is Grandma's reaction toward Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
2. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
3. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
4. Why was Jeff discharged from the Air Force?
5. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)