|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie especially love John?
(a) He buys her jewelry for Christmas.
(b) He brings her flowers.
(c) He sacrificed to take care of her family.
(d) He writes poetry for her.
2. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Blood donation.
(c) Hair appointment.
(d) Tee times.
3. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
(a) Hem the pants.
(b) Take it to the cleaners.
(c) Mend a tear in it.
(d) Give it to the Salvation Army.
4. What does Mo deride Jeff for regarding Jeff's vision?
(a) Fighting for black rights through the legal system.
(b) He is too stupid to make it happen.
(c) Jeff is no good at negotiating.
(d) Jeff lacks the ambition.
5. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
(a) The Apple bar.
(b) Bob Evans.
(c) Zack's Diner.
6. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
7. Why was Jeff discharged from the Air Force?
(a) He was drunk on duty.
(b) He went AWOL.
(c) He failed navigator training.
(d) He was arrested for drunk driving.
8. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Ann's family.
(b) Sunday dinner plans.
(c) Civil Rights Movement.
(d) Mattie's family.
9. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Jeff has come home.
(b) Grandma got good medical test results.
(c) They like their new neighbors.
(d) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
10. How many years had John attended college?
11. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
12. Why can Jeff not try on his uniform?
(a) It is too small.
(b) He was discharged from the Air Force.
(c) It is at the cleaners.
(d) He forgot to pack it.
13. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) He got seriously ill.
(b) To take care of the farm.
(c) To care for Mattie's family.
(d) He ran out of money.
14. Where do John and Dudley go?
(a) The liquor store.
(b) The bar.
(d) The gas station.
15. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
2. What relieves Gail's mind?
3. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
4. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
5. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)