|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Make some party food.
(b) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(c) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
(d) Run the vacuum cleaner.
2. Jeff tells his father that there are different ________________ for different people.
3. Where do John and Dudley go?
(a) The liquor store.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The bar.
4. What style of language do the male characters use?
5. How old is Grandma?
6. What does Mattie ask Jeff to do before he marries Ann?
(a) Get a good job.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Date other girls.
(d) Finish law school.
7. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
(d) Street noise.
8. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The alcohol consumption.
(b) The computer use.
(c) The swearing.
(d) The TV shows.
9. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Blood donation.
(b) Hair appointment.
(c) Tee times.
10. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
11. For what event do Mattie and Grandma plan to go shopping?
(a) John's birthday.
(b) Jeff's graduation.
(c) Jeff's welcome home party.
12. Why can Jeff not try on his uniform?
(a) He forgot to pack it.
(b) He was discharged from the Air Force.
(c) It is at the cleaners.
(d) It is too small.
13. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
(a) He can't agree to wait.
(b) He will wait until he graduates law school.
(c) He will wait six months.
(d) He will wait as long as it takes.
14. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
(a) Lack of education.
(b) Bad tempers.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Mental illness.
15. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
(a) Abnormalities in her remaining breast.
(b) Colon cancer.
(c) Everything is fine.
(d) A bile duct blockage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John and Mattie do when Mattie's sisters came to New York?
2. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
3. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
4. What relieves Gail's mind?
5. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)