|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Watch a baseball game on TV.
(b) Put on his uniform.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Go have a beer with him.
2. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
(a) Go to law school.
(c) Go to med school.
3. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
(a) He will wait as long as it takes.
(b) He will wait six months.
(c) He can't agree to wait.
(d) He will wait until he graduates law school.
4. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
(c) Street noise.
5. What room is John working in at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The kitchen.
6. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
7. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
(a) Her golden years.
(b) Her retirement.
(d) Her grandchildren.
8. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The TV shows.
(b) The alcohol consumption.
(c) The swearing.
(d) The computer use.
9. What is Mattie's response to Jeff's telling her that he asked Ann to marry him?
(a) She is not happy at all
(b) She thinks the idea will grow on her.
(c) She is very happy.
(d) She tries to act happy.
10. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
(a) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(b) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(c) Harlem Hospital.
(d) Princeton Plainsboro Hospital.
11. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Civil Rights Movement.
(b) Mattie's family.
(c) Sunday dinner plans.
(d) Ann's family.
12. What time of day is it when Act 2 begins?
13. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
(a) Turn Jeff against his family.
(b) Get Jeff back into a gang.
(c) Rob the house.
(d) Trap Jeff into marriage.
14. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
(b) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
(c) To borrow some money from Jeff.
(d) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
15. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
(a) So he can get insurance.
(b) So he can take her to the hospital.
(c) So he will be nicer to her.
(d) So he can prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
2. What does Mattie ask Jeff to do before he marries Ann?
3. What happens after a violent confrontation between Jeff and Mo?
4. What were John's career goals?
5. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)