|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
(a) So he can get insurance.
(b) So he will be nicer to her.
(c) So he can take her to the hospital.
(d) So he can prepare.
2. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
3. What did John and Mattie do when Mattie's sisters came to New York?
(a) Sent them back home.
(b) Took care of them.
(c) Found them an apartment.
(d) Got them married off.
4. What time of day is it when Act 2 begins?
5. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They paid them back in full.
(b) They are paying them back.
(d) They are helping others as they were helped.
6. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To borrow some money from Jeff.
(b) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
(c) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
(d) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
7. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Jeff has come home.
(b) Grandma got good medical test results.
(c) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
(d) They like their new neighbors.
8. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
(a) Princeton Plainsboro Hospital.
(b) Harlem Hospital.
(c) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(d) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
9. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
(a) It was predictable.
(b) It is unfortunate.
(c) It is reversible.
(d) It is a disgrace.
10. What is Mattie's response to Jeff's telling her that he asked Ann to marry him?
(a) She is not happy at all
(b) She is very happy.
(c) She thinks the idea will grow on her.
(d) She tries to act happy.
11. For what event do Mattie and Grandma plan to go shopping?
(a) John's birthday.
(b) Jeff's welcome home party.
(d) Jeff's graduation.
12. What type of encouragement does Ann give Mattie?
13. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a lawyer.
(b) To be a professor.
(c) To be a doctor.
(d) To be a scientist.
14. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
(a) He will wait six months.
(b) He can't agree to wait.
(c) He will wait until he graduates law school.
(d) He will wait as long as it takes.
15. Who comes to the house to talk to John?
(d) Mr. Greevey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
2. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
3. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
4. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
5. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)