|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
(a) Mend a tear in it.
(b) Take it to the cleaners.
(c) Hem the pants.
(d) Give it to the Salvation Army.
2. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
3. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The TV shows.
(b) The computer use.
(c) The alcohol consumption.
(d) The swearing.
4. Where do John and Dudley go?
(a) The liquor store.
(b) The gas station.
(d) The bar.
5. Why is Grandma not happy about Ann's presence in their lives?
(a) Jeff should marry someone from the neighborhood.
(b) Ann is too uppity.
(c) Ann is a white girl.
(d) No one is good enough for her grandson.
6. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
(a) Bob Evans.
(c) Zack's Diner.
(d) The Apple bar.
7. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Jeff has come home.
(b) Grandma got good medical test results.
(c) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
(d) They like their new neighbors.
8. How many jobs did John have to work to support the household?
9. How old is Grandma?
10. Who comes to the house to talk to John?
(b) Mr. Greevey.
11. What does Mattie ask Jeff to do before he marries Ann?
(a) Date other girls.
(b) Get a good job.
(c) Buy a house.
(d) Finish law school.
12. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a lawyer.
(b) To be a doctor.
(c) To be a scientist.
(d) To be a professor.
13. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
14. What did John and Mattie do when Mattie's sisters came to New York?
(a) Found them an apartment.
(b) Sent them back home.
(c) Got them married off.
(d) Took care of them.
15. What style of language do the male characters use?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie especially love John?
2. Why is John perplexed to see Jeff when he returns home?
3. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
4. What does Mattie say is her only reward?
5. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)