|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of language do the male characters use?
2. Where did John direct his frustrated ambitions?
3. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
(a) Rob the house.
(b) Get Jeff back into a gang.
(c) Trap Jeff into marriage.
(d) Turn Jeff against his family.
4. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Bad tempers.
5. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
(a) Kicks him out of the house.
(b) Renounces their friendship.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
6. Why is John perplexed to see Jeff when he returns home?
(a) Jeff has lost a lot of weight.
(b) Jeff is running very late.
(c) Jeff is not wearing his uniform.
(d) Jeff is very early.
7. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Sunday dinner plans.
(b) Mattie's family.
(c) Civil Rights Movement.
(d) Ann's family.
8. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) He ran out of money.
(b) He got seriously ill.
(c) To care for Mattie's family.
(d) To take care of the farm.
9. What does Mattie say is her only reward?
(a) Her fine son.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her good and loyal husband.
(d) Her health.
10. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a doctor.
(b) To be a scientist.
(c) To be a professor.
(d) To be a lawyer.
11. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(b) Make some party food.
(c) Run the vacuum cleaner.
(d) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
12. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
(a) The Apple bar.
(b) Bob Evans.
(c) Zack's Diner.
13. How many years had John attended college?
14. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They are paying them back.
(b) They are helping others as they were helped.
(d) They paid them back in full.
15. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(b) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
2. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
3. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
4. What does Gail ask Jeff to do?
5. For what event do Mattie and Grandma plan to go shopping?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)