|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a professor.
(b) To be a lawyer.
(c) To be a scientist.
(d) To be a doctor.
2. Who does Mattie not want to know about her condition?
3. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
(b) Her retirement.
(c) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her golden years.
4. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
(a) Bad tempers.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) Lack of education.
5. What room is John working in at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The living room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The back porch.
(d) The bathroom.
6. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
7. What does Jeff tell Mattie to do with his uniform?
(a) Hem the pants.
(b) Take it to the cleaners.
(c) Give it to the Salvation Army.
(d) Mend a tear in it.
8. Why are Mattie and Grandma so happy?
(a) Jeff has come home.
(b) They got good deals on Christmas gifts.
(c) They like their new neighbors.
(d) Grandma got good medical test results.
9. How many years had John attended college?
10. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The computer use.
(b) The TV shows.
(c) The swearing.
(d) The alcohol consumption.
11. What style of language do the male characters use?
12. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
(a) He got seriously ill.
(b) To care for Mattie's family.
(c) He ran out of money.
(d) To take care of the farm.
13. How old is Grandma?
14. What happens after a violent confrontation between Jeff and Mo?
(a) Mo stabs Jeff.
(b) Jeff kicks everyone out of the house.
(c) Mo shoots Ann.
(d) Jeff shoots Mo.
15. What do Mattie's medical tests reveal?
(a) Everything is fine.
(b) A bile duct blockage.
(c) Colon cancer.
(d) Abnormalities in her remaining breast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
2. Who is Mo's girlfriend?
3. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
4. What is Grandma's reaction toward Ann?
5. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)