|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
(a) It is a disgrace.
(b) It was predictable.
(c) It is unfortunate.
(d) It is reversible.
2. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
(b) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Renounces their friendship.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
3. Who had Dudley seen as a patient this morning?
4. What time of day is it when Act 2 begins?
5. What style of language do the male characters use?
6. Where does Ann say Mattie will get her true rewards?
(b) Her golden years.
(c) Her retirement.
(d) Her grandchildren.
7. What drug does Skeeter take at the house?
8. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
(a) They paid them back in full.
(c) They are paying them back.
(d) They are helping others as they were helped.
9. How does Grandma react to Jeff's telling her that he has asked Ann to marry him?
(a) She is happy for both of them.
(b) She says she will have to sleep on it.
(c) She is obviously unhappy.
(d) She will try to be happy.
10. What relieves Gail's mind?
(a) She got a new job.
(b) Jeff agrees to talk to Mo.
(c) She found an apartment.
(d) She got good medical test results.
11. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Ann's family.
(b) Sunday dinner plans.
(c) Mattie's family.
(d) Civil Rights Movement.
12. What type of encouragement does Ann give Mattie?
13. What does Grandma think is Ann's plan?
(a) Get Jeff back into a gang.
(b) Trap Jeff into marriage.
(c) Turn Jeff against his family.
(d) Rob the house.
14. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
(a) South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina.
15. What does Mattie think is a big problem with her family?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Bad tempers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mo's girlfriend?
2. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
3. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
4. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
5. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)