|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day is it when Act 2 begins?
2. Why have Skeeter and Al come to the house?
(a) To take Jeff out for his birthday.
(b) To ask Jeff to re-join their gang.
(c) To go have some beers to celebrate Jeff coming home.
(d) To borrow some money from Jeff.
3. What does Jeff do when Chips antagonizes Ann?
(a) Threatens to kill him.
(b) Kicks him out of the house.
(c) Renounces their friendship.
4. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Painting the house.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Mopping the floor.
(d) Eating breakfast.
5. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
(a) Go to med school.
(c) Go to law school.
6. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
(a) It is reversible.
(b) It was predictable.
(c) It is a disgrace.
(d) It is unfortunate.
7. Why does Dudley think it best if John is aware of Mattie's condition?
(a) So he can take her to the hospital.
(b) So he can prepare.
(c) So he can get insurance.
(d) So he will be nicer to her.
8. What type of encouragement does Ann give Mattie?
9. What does Jeff tell his mother when she asks him to wait to get married?
(a) He will wait as long as it takes.
(b) He can't agree to wait.
(c) He will wait six months.
(d) He will wait until he graduates law school.
10. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
(a) Blood donation.
(c) Hair appointment.
(d) Tee times.
11. What relieves Gail's mind?
(a) She found an apartment.
(b) She got good medical test results.
(c) She got a new job.
(d) Jeff agrees to talk to Mo.
12. What does Mattie ask Jeff to do before he marries Ann?
(a) Finish law school.
(b) Get a good job.
(c) Date other girls.
(d) Buy a house.
13. What does Mattie ask Ann to do while she is gone?
(a) Tidy up Jeff's bedroom.
(b) Make some party food.
(c) Run the vacuum cleaner.
(d) Make phone calls to invite people to the party.
14. Where will Mattie have the biopsies done?
(a) Princeton Plainsboro Hospital.
(b) Johns Hopkins Hospital.
(c) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(d) Harlem Hospital.
15. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John want Dudley to go with him?
2. How old is Grandma?
3. How many years had John attended college?
4. What were John's career goals?
5. Why is Grandma not happy about Ann's presence in their lives?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)