|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mo's girlfriend?
2. What does Mattie not attempt to control in her household?
(a) The alcohol consumption.
(b) The TV shows.
(c) The computer use.
(d) The swearing.
3. What does John ask Jeff to do when he sees him?
(a) Put on his uniform.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Watch a baseball game on TV.
(d) Go have a beer with him.
4. What were John's career goals?
(a) To be a professor.
(b) To be a doctor.
(c) To be a lawyer.
(d) To be a scientist.
5. Where did John direct his frustrated ambitions?
6. How old is Grandma?
7. Where do John and Dudley go?
(a) The bar.
(b) The liquor store.
(d) The gas station.
8. What does Mattie discuss with Ann?
(a) Civil Rights Movement.
(b) Sunday dinner plans.
(c) Ann's family.
(d) Mattie's family.
9. What does Gail ask Jeff to do?
(a) Hide her gun.
(b) Speak to Mo as a friend.
(c) Take her out.
(d) Get her some college course information.
10. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Eating breakfast.
(b) Mopping the floor.
(c) Painting the house.
(d) Reading a book.
11. What element becomes almost human as it appears in the play?
(d) Street noise.
12. What is Grandma's reaction toward Ann?
13. What would Jeff rather do than re-join the gang?
(c) Go to law school.
(d) Go to med school.
14. Where did Mattie and John live when John was in college?
(c) South Carolina.
(d) New York.
15. From where did Mattie's two sisters come?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mo deride Jeff for regarding Jeff's vision?
2. What is John's mood as he leaves the house?
3. What has Dudley scheduled for Mattie?
4. How many years had John attended college?
5. What does John feels about Jeff's discharge?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)