|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ann's occupation?
2. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
3. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
(a) She was mugged.
(b) She lost her tokens.
(c) She almost fainted.
(d) She got off at the wrong station.
4. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(a) Hot chocolate.
(b) Iced tea.
5. Where was Ann born?
(d) South Africa.
6. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(b) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(c) The struggles of black men in America.
(d) The struggles of black women in America.
7. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
8. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
9. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He had a job in Asia.
(c) He was traveling through Europe.
(d) He was at college.
10. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A friend of Jeff's.
(b) A new neighbor.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A political worker.
11. From what country has Dudley just returned?
12. What is John's liquor of choice?
13. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(b) New Zealand.
14. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
15. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Piece of paper.
(c) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John count?
2. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
3. Where do the events of the story take place?
4. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
5. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)