|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(b) John's latest poem.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A few notes.
2. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) John Pearson.
(b) Grandma Wilhemina.
(c) James Hall.
(d) John Williams.
3. Where was Ann born?
(a) South Africa.
4. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Where do the events of the story take place?
(a) The Bronx, New York City.
(c) Harlem, New York City.
6. What does John count?
(a) The contents of his wallet.
(b) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(c) The days until payday.
(d) The days until Christmas.
7. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A new neighbor.
(b) A political worker.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A friend of Jeff's.
8. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
9. What is John Williams' occupation?
10. What falls out of John's pocket?
(b) Dollar bill.
(c) Piece of candy.
(d) Piece of paper.
11. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
(a) She is very accomplished.
(b) She has had a hard life.
(c) She wants to marry Jeff.
(d) She is not very bright.
12. What is Ann's occupation?
13. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
14. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her late arrival.
(b) Her dirty coat.
(c) Her new hair style.
(d) Her fatigue.
15. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A phone number.
(b) A grocery list.
(c) A poem he is writing.
(d) A to-do list.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
2. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
3. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
4. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
5. What is the premise of the play?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)