|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John's son who is returning home?
2. From what country has Dudley just returned?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A football hero.
(b) A basketball star.
(c) A gang leader.
(d) A valedictorian.
5. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(a) Wood shavings.
(d) An apron.
6. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Adequate housing.
(b) Strong single mothers.
(c) Good jobs.
(d) Strong male role models.
7. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
8. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
9. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
(a) A car backfiring.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A scream.
(d) Someone coming into the house.
10. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
11. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(b) Visiting relatives.
12. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
13. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
14. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
15. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her fatigue.
(b) Her dirty coat.
(c) Her late arrival.
(d) Her new hair style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has arrived at John's house?
2. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
3. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
4. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
5. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)