|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He had a job in Asia.
(b) He was in the Air Force.
(c) He was at college.
(d) He was traveling through Europe.
2. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
3. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) A phone number.
(b) John's latest poem.
(d) A few notes.
4. Who is John's son who is returning home?
5. What is Ann's occupation?
6. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Anita Vanderguild.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann Vanderbilt.
(d) Ann van der Hoevel.
7. What is the name of the local bar?
(a) The Apple.
8. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) James A. Walker.
(b) Joseph A. Bender.
(c) Joseph A. Walker.
(d) Jeremiah A. Walker.
9. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
10. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(b) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(c) The struggles of black women in America.
(d) The struggles of black men in America.
11. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(c) Visiting relatives.
12. What is John Williams' occupation?
13. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She is intoxicated.
(b) She has been crying.
(c) She had been asleep.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
14. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(b) Doctor and patient.
(c) Business partners.
15. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Adequate housing.
(b) Strong male role models.
(c) Good jobs.
(d) Strong single mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
2. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
3. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
4. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
5. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)