|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John count?
(a) The days until payday.
(b) The days until Christmas.
(c) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(d) The contents of his wallet.
2. Who is John's son who is returning home?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
5. What does John hide behind the refrigerator?
(a) Christmas present.
(b) Bottle of whisky.
6. In what location does the play open?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A brownstone.
(c) A bar.
(d) A church.
7. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
8. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
9. Where do the events of the story take place?
(a) Harlem, New York City.
(c) The Bronx, New York City.
10. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
11. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Mixes a drink.
(b) Turns on the TV.
(c) Fixes a sandwich.
(d) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
12. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(c) New Zealand.
13. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She has been crying.
(c) She is intoxicated.
(d) She had been asleep.
14. What is Ann's occupation?
15. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(a) An apron.
(d) Wood shavings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ann born?
2. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
3. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
4. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
5. What does John read from the paper?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)