|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
(a) She wants to marry Jeff.
(b) She has had a hard life.
(c) She is not very bright.
(d) She is very accomplished.
2. Where do the events of the story take place?
(a) The Bronx, New York City.
(c) Harlem, New York City.
3. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) John Williams.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Grandma Wilhemina.
(d) John Pearson.
4. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
5. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
6. In what month does the play open?
7. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four years.
(d) Ten years.
8. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(a) An apron.
(d) Wood shavings.
9. From what country has Dudley just returned?
10. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
11. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Mixes a drink.
(b) Fixes a sandwich.
(c) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
(d) Turns on the TV.
12. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Pugilistic tendencies.
(c) Artistic tendencies.
13. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A gang leader.
(b) A valedictorian.
(c) A basketball star.
(d) A football hero.
14. What falls out of John's pocket?
(b) Piece of paper.
(c) Piece of candy.
(d) Dollar bill.
15. What is the name of John's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
2. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
3. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
4. In what location does the play open?
5. How many children does Dudley have?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)