|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) The mail.
(c) Her coat.
2. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The struggles of black men in America.
(b) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(c) The struggles of black women in America.
(d) The women's right to vote movement in America.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
4. From what country has Dudley just returned?
5. What is John's liquor of choice?
6. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(c) New Zealand.
7. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
8. Where was Ann born?
(d) South Africa.
9. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A friend of Jeff's.
(c) A political worker.
(d) A new neighbor.
10. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) At the bus station.
(c) At a Holiday Inn.
(d) On the living room couch.
11. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Dollar bill.
(b) Piece of paper.
(d) Piece of candy.
12. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1980s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1970s.
13. What is the name of the local bar?
(c) The Apple.
14. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Adequate housing.
(b) Good jobs.
(c) Strong male role models.
(d) Strong single mothers.
15. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Cedar jewelry box.
(b) The change from his pocket.
(c) Carton of cigarettes.
(d) A bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
2. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
3. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
4. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
5. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)