|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At the bus station.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At a Holiday Inn.
(d) On the living room couch.
2. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Carton of cigarettes.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) Cedar jewelry box.
(d) The change from his pocket.
3. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A basketball star.
(b) A football hero.
(c) A valedictorian.
(d) A gang leader.
4. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her new hair style.
(b) Her late arrival.
(c) Her fatigue.
(d) Her dirty coat.
5. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) Joseph A. Walker.
(b) Joseph A. Bender.
(c) James A. Walker.
(d) Jeremiah A. Walker.
6. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
7. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Ann van der Hoevel.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann Vanderbilt.
(d) Anita Vanderguild.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
9. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) James Hall.
(b) John Williams.
(c) John Pearson.
(d) Grandma Wilhemina.
10. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
11. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(b) A phone number.
(c) A few notes.
(d) John's latest poem.
12. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She has been crying.
(b) She had been asleep.
(c) She is intoxicated.
(d) She hasn't eaten.
13. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He was traveling through Europe.
(b) He was at college.
(c) He had a job in Asia.
(d) He was in the Air Force.
14. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
15. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(b) Irish cream liqueur.
(c) Hazelnut syrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
2. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
3. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
4. What does John count?
5. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)