|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) On the living room couch.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) At a Holiday Inn.
2. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
(a) She almost fainted.
(b) She was mugged.
(c) She got off at the wrong station.
(d) She lost her tokens.
3. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Ann Vanderbilt.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann van der Hoevel.
(d) Anita Vanderguild.
4. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(b) An apron.
(c) Wood shavings.
5. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
6. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A friend of Jeff's.
(b) A new neighbor.
(c) A political worker.
(d) A social worker.
7. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Getting his Master's Degree.
(b) Getting out of Harlem.
(c) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(d) Marrying such a fine woman.
8. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
9. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) Grandma Wilhemina.
(b) James Hall.
(c) John Williams.
(d) John Pearson.
10. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
11. In what location does the play open?
(a) A bar.
(b) A church.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A brownstone.
12. Where was Ann born?
(d) South Africa.
13. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) James A. Walker.
(b) Jeremiah A. Walker.
(c) Joseph A. Walker.
(d) Joseph A. Bender.
14. What is the name of John's wife?
15. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She has been crying.
(b) She had been asleep.
(c) She hasn't eaten.
(d) She is intoxicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Williams' occupation?
2. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
3. In what month does the play open?
4. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
5. Why has Jeff been away from home?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)