Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
2. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) John Pearson.
(b) Grandma Wilhemina.
(c) John Williams.
(d) James Hall.
3. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Pugilistic tendencies.
(b) Artistic tendencies.
4. What does John count?
(a) The days until Christmas.
(b) The days until payday.
(c) The contents of his wallet.
(d) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
5. Where do the events of the story take place?
(a) Harlem, New York City.
(c) The Bronx, New York City.
6. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Strong single mothers.
(b) Good jobs.
(c) Strong male role models.
(d) Adequate housing.
7. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
(b) Turns on the TV.
(c) Mixes a drink.
(d) Fixes a sandwich.
8. What does Dudley offer to give Mattie?
(a) A loan.
(b) A reference.
(c) A check-up.
(d) Some vitamins.
9. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) The change from his pocket.
(c) Carton of cigarettes.
(d) Cedar jewelry box.
10. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A poem he is writing.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A grocery list.
(d) A to-do list.
11. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
12. What is John's liquor of choice?
13. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Piece of candy.
(b) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of paper.
14. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) A few notes.
(b) John's latest poem.
(c) A phone number.
15. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Hot chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
2. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
3. Where had Ann met Jeff?
4. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
5. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)