|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(d) Iced tea.
2. What does Dudley offer to give Mattie?
(a) Some vitamins.
(b) A reference.
(c) A check-up.
(d) A loan.
3. What does John count?
(a) The days until payday.
(b) The contents of his wallet.
(c) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(d) The days until Christmas.
4. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Anita Vanderguild.
(b) Ann Vanderguild.
(c) Ann Vanderbilt.
(d) Ann van der Hoevel.
5. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Getting out of Harlem.
(b) Getting his Master's Degree.
(c) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(d) Marrying such a fine woman.
6. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) The mail.
(c) Her coat.
7. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(a) Business partners.
(c) Doctor and patient.
8. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
9. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
(a) Make up a bed.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Read her a poem.
(d) Fix her a drink.
10. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The struggles of black men in America.
(b) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(c) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(d) The struggles of black women in America.
11. Who is John's son who is returning home?
12. What is John Williams' occupation?
13. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She has been crying.
(b) She had been asleep.
(c) She hasn't eaten.
(d) She is intoxicated.
14. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He was at college.
(b) He was traveling through Europe.
(c) He was in the Air Force.
(d) He had a job in Asia.
15. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) Jeremiah A. Walker.
(b) Joseph A. Bender.
(c) James A. Walker.
(d) Joseph A. Walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Dudley have?
2. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
3. In what month does the play open?
4. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
5. How much does John already owe Dudley?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)