|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
2. What is John Williams' occupation?
3. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
4. What is Ann's occupation?
5. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
6. Who is John's son who is returning home?
7. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(b) They take her out for drinks.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are rude and offensive.
8. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
9. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Drink some beers.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Smoke a joint.
10. In what location does the play open?
(a) A bar.
(b) A church.
(c) A brownstone.
(d) A cafe.
11. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) A few notes.
(b) John's latest poem.
(d) A phone number.
12. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Pugilistic tendencies.
(b) Artistic tendencies.
13. From what country has Dudley just returned?
14. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
15. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) John Williams.
(b) Grandma Wilhemina.
(c) James Hall.
(d) John Pearson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
2. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
5. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)