|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
(a) Read her a poem.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Make up a bed.
(d) Fix her a drink.
2. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A gang leader.
(b) A basketball star.
(c) A football hero.
(d) A valedictorian.
3. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They are rude and offensive.
(b) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(c) They take her out for drinks.
(d) They ignore her.
4. What does John count?
(a) The days until Christmas.
(b) The days until payday.
(c) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(d) The contents of his wallet.
5. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
6. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
7. What is Ann's occupation?
8. Where was Ann born?
(a) South Africa.
9. How many children does Dudley have?
10. Where had Ann met Jeff?
(a) New Zealand.
11. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
(a) Turns on the TV.
(b) Rolls a marijuana cigarette.
(c) Mixes a drink.
(d) Fixes a sandwich.
12. From what country has Dudley just returned?
13. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) On the living room couch.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) At the bus station.
(d) At a Holiday Inn.
14. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
15. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Artistic tendencies.
(c) Pugilistic tendencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has arrived at John's house?
2. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
3. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
4. What does John read from the paper?
5. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)