|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(b) Getting out of Harlem.
(c) Marrying such a fine woman.
(d) Getting his Master's Degree.
2. How many children does Dudley have?
3. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
4. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
5. Where do the events of the story take place?
(b) Harlem, New York City.
(c) The Bronx, New York City.
6. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She hasn't eaten.
(b) She is intoxicated.
(c) She had been asleep.
(d) She has been crying.
7. What does John count?
(a) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(b) The days until Christmas.
(c) The contents of his wallet.
(d) The days until payday.
8. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Smoke a joint.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Drink some beers.
(d) Watch TV.
9. In what month does the play open?
10. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
11. What noise startles Grandma Wilhemina?
(a) Someone coming into the house.
(b) A car backfiring.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gunshot.
12. What is John Williams' occupation?
13. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Ann Vanderguild.
(b) Ann Vanderbilt.
(c) Anita Vanderguild.
(d) Ann van der Hoevel.
14. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They take her out for drinks.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(d) They are rude and offensive.
15. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
2. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
3. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
5. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)