|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A poem he is writing.
(b) A grocery list.
(c) A phone number.
(d) A to-do list.
2. What is John Williams' occupation?
3. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(a) Hazelnut syrup.
(b) Irish cream liqueur.
4. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
5. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
6. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(b) Iced tea.
(c) Hot chocolate.
7. For how long has Jeff been away from home?
(a) Four years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
8. How many children does Dudley have?
9. What is John's liquor of choice?
10. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) The mail.
(c) Her coat.
11. How much does John already owe Dudley?
12. Who has arrived at John's house?
(a) Ann Vanderbilt.
(b) Anita Vanderguild.
(c) Ann van der Hoevel.
(d) Ann Vanderguild.
13. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(b) Getting his Master's Degree.
(c) Marrying such a fine woman.
(d) Getting out of Harlem.
14. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her dirty coat.
(b) Her fatigue.
(c) Her new hair style.
(d) Her late arrival.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Ann met Jeff?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
4. Who is John's son who is returning home?
5. What can John and Dudley tell about Ann?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)