|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(d) Visiting relatives.
2. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
3. How much does John already owe Dudley?
4. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(b) Wood shavings.
(d) An apron.
5. What does Dudley remind John that is Jeff's true achievement?
(a) Overcoming a drug addiction.
(b) Getting out of Harlem.
(c) Getting his Master's Degree.
(d) Marrying such a fine woman.
6. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Piece of candy.
(b) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of paper.
7. Who owns the brownstone where Grandma Wilhemina lives?
(a) Grandma Wilhemina.
(b) James Hall.
(c) John Williams.
(d) John Pearson.
8. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(b) Pugilistic tendencies.
(d) Artistic tendencies.
9. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
10. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Cedar jewelry box.
(b) Carton of cigarettes.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) The change from his pocket.
11. What does John hide behind the refrigerator?
(a) Christmas present.
(b) Bottle of whisky.
12. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
13. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
14. What is John Williams' occupation?
15. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
2. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
3. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
4. What is the name of the local bar?
5. Where was Ann born?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)