|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A new neighbor.
(b) A political worker.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A friend of Jeff's.
2. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(a) Business partners.
(c) Doctor and patient.
3. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
4. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
5. What does John count?
(a) The days until Christmas.
(b) The contents of his wallet.
(c) The days until payday.
(d) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
6. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Piece of candy.
(c) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of paper.
7. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Carton of cigarettes.
(b) The change from his pocket.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) Cedar jewelry box.
8. How much does John already owe Dudley?
9. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
10. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) The mail.
(c) Her coat.
11. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
12. What is the name of John's wife?
13. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1960s.
(c) The 1970s.
(d) The 1980s.
14. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
15. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her dirty coat.
(b) Her fatigue.
(c) Her new hair style.
(d) Her late arrival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
2. Where was Ann born?
3. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
4. What does Jeff do when he enters the house?
5. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)