|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
2. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(b) Hazelnut syrup.
(c) Irish cream liqueur.
3. What is the name of John's wife?
4. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
5. What does Grandma comment on regarding Mattie?
(a) Her fatigue.
(b) Her dirty coat.
(c) Her late arrival.
(d) Her new hair style.
6. How much money does John ask to borrow from Dudley?
7. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
8. What does John read from the paper?
(a) A grocery list.
(b) A poem he is writing.
(c) A to-do list.
(d) A phone number.
9. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1960s.
10. What is the relationship of John and Dudley?
(a) Business partners.
(b) Doctor and patient.
11. Where was Ann born?
(a) South Africa.
12. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They are rude and offensive.
(c) They are glad to meet one of Jeff's friends.
(d) They take her out for drinks.
13. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He had a job in Asia.
(b) He was in the Air Force.
(c) He was at college.
(d) He was traveling through Europe.
14. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
15. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Cedar jewelry box.
(b) Carton of cigarettes.
(c) The change from his pocket.
(d) A bag of groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Williams' occupation?
2. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
3. How many children does Dudley have?
4. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
5. From what country has Dudley just returned?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)