|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John count?
(a) The contents of his wallet.
(b) The days until Christmas.
(c) The bottles of beer left in the refrigerator.
(d) The days until payday.
2. Where was Ann born?
(d) South Africa.
3. Why has Jeff been away from home?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He was traveling through Europe.
(c) He had a job in Asia.
(d) He was at college.
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. Where do the events of the story take place?
(a) Harlem, New York City.
(c) The Bronx, New York City.
6. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(b) Her coat.
(c) The mail.
7. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Good jobs.
(b) Strong single mothers.
(c) Strong male role models.
(d) Adequate housing.
8. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Smoke a joint.
(d) Drink some beers.
9. Which of the following does NOT describe John?
10. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
(b) Wood shavings.
(c) An apron.
11. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
12. What is John's liquor of choice?
13. What does John hide behind the refrigerator?
(c) Bottle of whisky.
(d) Christmas present.
14. What had Ann told Mattie she wouldn't do during her visit?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(c) Have sex with Jeff.
(d) Drink liquor.
15. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A football hero.
(b) A basketball star.
(c) A gang leader.
(d) A valedictorian.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chips' gang treat Ann?
2. What is Ann's occupation?
3. What is the premise of the play?
4. What is the name of the local bar?
5. Who is John's son who is returning home?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)