|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of John's wife?
2. How many children does Dudley have?
3. What is on the paper from which John reads to Ann?
(a) A few notes.
(b) A phone number.
(d) John's latest poem.
4. What alcohol has Dudley brought with him?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Dudley?
6. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
7. What is the name of the local bar?
(a) The Apple.
8. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Cedar jewelry box.
(b) The change from his pocket.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) Carton of cigarettes.
9. Who is the author of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) Joseph A. Walker.
(b) Jeremiah A. Walker.
(c) James A. Walker.
(d) Joseph A. Bender.
10. What is John's liquor of choice?
11. What does Mattie say happened to her on the subway?
(a) She almost fainted.
(b) She was mugged.
(c) She lost her tokens.
(d) She got off at the wrong station.
12. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
(a) A basketball star.
(b) A football hero.
(c) A gang leader.
(d) A valedictorian.
13. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(b) The struggles of black men in America.
(c) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(d) The struggles of black women in America.
14. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) On the living room couch.
(c) At a Holiday Inn.
(d) At the bus station.
15. What beverage is Grandma Wilhemina fixing?
(b) Hot chocolate.
(c) Iced tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
2. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
3. Where was Ann born?
4. What covers John's clothes when he comes into the house?
5. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)