|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Strong single mothers.
(b) Adequate housing.
(c) Good jobs.
(d) Strong male role models.
2. In what location does the play open?
(a) A bar.
(b) A church.
(c) A brownstone.
(d) A cafe.
3. What is the name of the local bar?
(a) The Apple.
4. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) The change from his pocket.
(c) Cedar jewelry box.
(d) Carton of cigarettes.
5. How many years has Ann's father been in prison?
6. What is John's liquor of choice?
7. What falls out of John's pocket?
(a) Piece of paper.
(c) Dollar bill.
(d) Piece of candy.
8. What does Dudley tell John to do for Ann?
(a) Read her a poem.
(b) Take her to dinner.
(c) Fix her a drink.
(d) Make up a bed.
9. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
10. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
(a) Visiting relatives.
11. What nationality is Dr. Dudley Stanton?
12. Who is Jeff's childhood friend who comes to the house?
13. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Drink some beers.
(d) Smoke a joint.
14. What does Grandma Wilhemina put in her coffee?
(a) Hazelnut syrup.
(d) Irish cream liqueur.
15. In what month does the play open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
2. Where do the events of the story take place?
3. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
4. Which of the following is not one of Chip's gang members?
5. Where does Ann end up spending the night?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)