|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The struggles of black women in America.
(b) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(c) The struggles of black men in America.
(d) The gay marriage initiative in America.
2. What time period serves as the setting of THE RIVER NIGER?
(a) The 1960s.
(b) The 1970s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1980s.
3. What is Mattie carrying when she comes in?
(a) Her coat.
(d) The mail.
4. John wishes he had an outlet for his ____________________.
(a) Artistic tendencies.
(d) Pugilistic tendencies.
5. Who is Ann Vanderguild?
(a) A new neighbor.
(b) A political worker.
(c) A social worker.
(d) A friend of Jeff's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's occupation?
2. What does Mattie tell Ann about what Jeff was in high school?
3. In what month does the play open?
4. What is the name of John's wife?
5. How many children does Dudley have?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)