|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Mattie tell about Grandma tonight?
(a) She had been asleep.
(b) She has been crying.
(c) She hasn't eaten.
(d) She is intoxicated.
2. What does the author imply is lacking in black communities?
(a) Adequate housing.
(b) Strong male role models.
(c) Good jobs.
(d) Strong single mothers.
3. What is Grandma Wilhemina's last name?
4. Where was Ann born?
(a) South Africa.
5. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) The change from his pocket.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) Carton of cigarettes.
(d) Cedar jewelry box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Dudley been doing out of the country?
2. From what country has Dudley just returned?
3. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
4. What does John read from the paper?
5. In what month does the play open?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)