|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John place on the kitchen counter?
(a) Carton of cigarettes.
(b) Cedar jewelry box.
(c) The change from his pocket.
(d) A bag of groceries.
2. What is the premise of the play?
(a) The gay marriage initiative in America.
(b) The struggles of black women in America.
(c) The women's right to vote movement in America.
(d) The struggles of black men in America.
3. What do Jeff and Ann do after Jeff comes home?
(a) Smoke a joint.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Drink some beers.
(d) Eat dinner.
4. What is Mattie's response to Jeff's telling her that he asked Ann to marry him?
(a) She tries to act happy.
(b) She thinks the idea will grow on her.
(c) She is not happy at all
(d) She is very happy.
5. What does Gail ask Jeff to do?
(a) Speak to Mo as a friend.
(b) Get her some college course information.
(c) Hide her gun.
(d) Take her out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can John's demeanor be described as he comes into the house?
2. Why was John forced to drop out of school?
3. What relieves Gail's mind?
4. What is John doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How much gratitude did Mattie's sisters show for what John and Mattie did for them.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)