|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 351-404.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Taita help Tanus enter the army?
(a) No rich man would sponsor his education.
(b) Tanus had only wanted to join the army.
(c) Taita could not afford to pay for his education.
(d) Tanus did not want to continue his schooling.
2. Why does Taita think he deserves to be called the best artist in all the land?
(a) Because of his clay pots.
(b) Because of his writing prowess.
(c) Because of his medicinal skills.
(d) Because of his painted murals.
3. Why does Nembet, the Great Lion of Egypt, become angry with Tanus?
(a) Tanus saves Pharaoh's ship because Nembet cannot.
(b) Tanus is allowed to present the city's greeting to Pharaoh.
(c) Tanus is revealed as next in line for the crown.
(d) Tanus has recently become popular with all of Thebes.
4. Why does Pharaoh boast of Taita's abilities as a physician?
(a) Taita made Lostris more fertile to carry a male child.
(b) Taita cured Pharaoh's impotence.
(c) Taita healed Pharaoh of pneumonia.
(d) Taita cured Pharaoh's ringworm.
5. What does Taita see at the end of Pharaoh's horoscope?
(a) A forest of trees, all bearing the double crown.
(b) A tree eaten by locusts and fallen to earth.
(c) Battles and bloodshed for one hundred years.
(d) A girl baby followed by a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Lostris" mean?
2. Who is bitterly saddened by what Taita displays over the harem wall?
3. Why does Lostris want to drink poison on her wedding night?
4. How old is Prince Memnon when a messenger brings news of the fall of the Lower Kingdom?
5. When Tanus disappeared, to whom did he hand over his squadron and Pharaoh's seal?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)