|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 351-404.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the goddess Hapi answer the travelers' prayers at the beginning of their voyage?
(a) The Hyksos do not attack them again.
(b) They do not lose any ships in the first cataract.
(c) The Nile floods several weeks early.
(d) The Nile floods several weeks late.
2. Where does Tanus wait while Taita gathers supplies for their upcoming battle against the Shrikes?
(a) In the royal palace.
(b) In the hunting lodge where Taita found him.
(c) In his own house in Thebes.
(d) In the village of Safaga.
3. What does "Lostris" mean?
(a) Daughter of the Waters.
(b) Daughter of Kings.
(c) Girl of the Lilies.
(d) Daughter of the Morning.
4. While Lostris is pregnant, what is the one thing she asks for that she does not get?
(a) A promotion for Tanus.
(b) Snow from Syria.
(c) Freedom for Taita.
(d) A new palace in Thebes.
5. Why did Tanus's father die an unhappy death?
(a) His wife had died several years earlier.
(b) He had only one son and eight daughters.
(c) He was destitute and out of favor with Pharaoh.
(d) He was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to thwart Pharaoh, what is Tanus's plan?
2. How does Taita remove the arrow from Pharaoh's chest?
3. How did Lostris first gain her knowledge of the outdoors?
4. Why does Taita help a shrieking woman at the riverside?
5. Tanus is nicknamed Akh-Horus. What does this name mean?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)