|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 146-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lostris treat the common people in the city?
(a) She does not even look at them when she rides through the streets.
(b) She treats them with respect but from a distance.
(c) She brings them food and visits with them.
(d) She takes advantage of them as her subjects.
2. What happens when Taita approaches Lord Intef to explain Lostris's love for Tanus?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) He is whipped.
(c) Lord Intef listens and approves.
(d) Lord Intef threatens to kill Tanus.
3. In the festival pageant, who plays the role of Seth, an evil god?
(a) Lord Intef.
4. When Tanus disappeared, to whom did he hand over his squadron and Pharaoh's seal?
(a) Lord Intef.
5. Why does Lostris want to drink poison on her wedding night?
(a) So she can die and stop existing.
(b) To become ill so Pharaoh will pay more attention to her.
(c) So she can become sick and delay going to Pharaoh's bed.
(d) So she can die and wait for Tanus on the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Taita nervous about the pageant at the end of the festival?
2. What does "Lostris" mean?
3. Who is Kratas?
4. Near the end of the wedding feast, what does Taita discover about Pharaoh's personality?
5. What gives Taita the right to speak sharply to Tanus when he and Lostris board the Breath of Horus?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)