|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 146-190.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Taita called the Elder Brother in the slave quarters?
(a) He cares for young slave girls after Lord Intef sleeps with them.
(b) He looks out for all new slaves who are brought to the palace.
(c) He cares for Lord Intef's wives during their many pregnancies.
(d) He cares for young slave boys after Lord Intef sleeps with them.
2. How do Egyptians treat their women in comparison to surrounding nations?
(a) They are the most merciful.
(b) They are the cruelest.
(c) They idolize their women.
(d) They largely ignore their women.
3. Pharaoh's palace is in the southernmost part of Egypt. What reason do some people give for this?
(a) To be closer to the mouth of the Nile, a holy place.
(b) To be farther away from Lord Intef.
(c) To be as far as possible from the strife in the north.
(d) To be able to extend his borders south.
4. Who is Kratas?
(a) The leader of the band of slave traders.
(b) A common soldier and Taita's close friend.
(c) Tanus's chief lieutenant and Taita's close friend.
(d) The high priest of the goddess Hapi.
5. What happens when Taita approaches Lord Intef to explain Lostris's love for Tanus?
(a) Lord Intef listens and approves.
(b) He is imprisoned.
(c) He is whipped.
(d) Lord Intef threatens to kill Tanus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Pharaoh marry Lostris?
2. Why does Taita help a shrieking woman at the riverside?
3. Why did Taita help Tanus enter the army?
4. What gives Taita the right to speak sharply to Tanus when he and Lostris board the Breath of Horus?
5. In the pageant duel with Rasfer, why does Tanus not kill Rasfer?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)